Question about crown and anchor society

Eli_6

I typically cruise with Carnival, but have cruised with RC and NCL before. I want to do a Scandinavian Fjords or Arctic cruise in the summer of 2020 with my kids and husband for my 40th birthday. I looked at Viking initially, but they don't allow kids under 18.  Carnival only has 1 date for this type of cruise in 2020 and it is not when we can go. Thus, I started looking at RC.  The dates work and they have some nice rooms/suites that would work for four people.  I noticed there was a Crown and Anchor society, but when I tried looking myself up, they didn't have my information as a past cruiser. No clue why other than it may have been too long ago. It was a western carribean cruise if it matters.  My question: Does being in the crown and anchor make a difference on the price? (The reason I ask is because Carnival's VIFP program doesn't really give you any benefits until you get to platinum or diamond so I wasn't sure if the fact that I cruised with RC one other time would even matter or make it worth trying to inquire why I am not in the system...) 

8 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

I typically cruise with Carnival, but have cruised with RC and NCL before. I want to do a Scandinavian Fjords or Arctic cruise in the summer of 2020 with my kids and husband for my 40th birthday. I looked at Viking initially, but they don't allow kids under 18.  Carnival only has 1 date for this type of cruise in 2020 and it is not when we can go. Thus, I started looking at RC.  The dates work and they have some nice rooms/suites that would work for four people.  I noticed there was a Crown and Anchor society, but when I tried looking myself up, they didn't have my information as a past cruiser. No clue why other than it may have been too long ago. It was a western carribean cruise if it matters.  My question: Does being in the crown and anchor make a difference on the price? (The reason I ask is because Carnival's VIFP program doesn't really give you any benefits until you get to platinum or diamond so I wasn't sure if the fact that I cruised with RC one other time would even matter or make it worth trying to inquire why I am not in the system...) 

Call C&A at 800-526-9723 to get credit for your previous cruise(s).  At the very least you will have some onboard coupons.

• Like 2

Try just signing up for Crown and Anchor on the web site. There is a very good chance it will find your old cruise for you. I signed up in Feb of 2019 and it found my cruise from 2000 (well gave me the points anyway).

Things may have changed recently, I don’t know, but the last I knew, you still had to sign up to be a C&A member. It’s not automatic like other cruise lines. 

I would follow the suggestion, sign up and then see if they can find your other sailing. 

The benefits aren’t great at first, but even after one sailing you get invited to the past passenger party. 

When you get to Platinum you get to board ahead of the lower levels and usually receive a discount if you book a balcony or above. 

If your other sailing wasn’t too long ago, maybe a confirmation is buried in your emails or your Sea Pass card is in a drawer. 

Have a great cruise, regardless!

11 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Things may have changed recently, I don’t know, but the last I knew, you still had to sign up to be a C&A member. It’s not automatic like other cruise lines. 

I would follow the suggestion, sign up and then see if they can find your other sailing. 

The benefits aren’t great at first, but even after one sailing you get invited to the past passenger party. 

When you get to Platinum you get to board ahead of the lower levels and usually receive a discount if you book a balcony or above. 

If your other sailing wasn’t too long ago, maybe a confirmation is buried in your emails or your Sea Pass card is in a drawer. 

Have a great cruise, regardless!

Sorry the previous passengernparty had been gone for about 2 years.  They just have a loyalty party now for platinum and above.

You can also email crownandanchor@rccl.com and provide your name, birthday, and any info you can recall about previous RCCL cruises and they should find it all and account for it correctly. Also include your upcoming reservation number if you have one!

Edited by SamTimeDining

Mine is more recent but I've only done one RCCL cruise before. (I'm generally more of a land traveler but I'm enjoying cruising too). When I called RCCL, they had no problem finding me and synching up my reservations. Admittedly, mine was in 2016 but they found it easily. 

I think it's a good idea to get the loyalty points because you never know when you might need them again. I'm pretty sure that I'll be willing to cruise again on Royal sometime, I just like different types of traveling. It's a bit like accruing airline points without the restrictions (hopefully).

On 8/9/2019 at 8:50 AM, Host Clarea said:

Call C&A at 800-526-9723 to get credit for your previous cruise(s).  At the very least you will have some onboard coupons.

What sort of coupons are they generally and how do you find out about what you have? 

Thanks

49 minutes ago, M-H-B said:

What sort of coupons are they generally and how do you find out about what you have? 

Thanks

I believe this thread has scans of all the coupons:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2615839-crown-and-anchor-onboard-offers-all-levels-including-youth-allure/

• Thanks 1