Additional credit

isdoo

Hi,

It seems that the ability to purchase onboard credit is no more.

If we purchase an excursion (or multiple) and cancel it once onboard the ship, ar we given a refund as OBC? 

Is there any other way to get additional OBC? 

What happens if we do not use all the additional OBC whilst onboard? 

If you cancel an excursion once onboard, the funds are added to your OBC for use. If you don’t use those funds, it is refunded to you. Other OBC’s such as those that are part of your benefits you got when originally booking are lost if not used. No refund. Kind of look at it as if its your money (excursion refund as an example) it’s returned. If it’s a benefit from the cruise line or from your TA, it isn’t. 

Example: if you are refunded $200 for an excursion and it’s added to your account, and you have $100 credit at the end of the cruise, you will get a refund of that $100. If you had $400 credit in your account at the end of the cruise which included a non refundable OBC, you’ll get $200 back. If you spend every dime of your OBC such as I do Every Time (hehe), then you pay them what is owed on your account. 

The OBC listed on your account have a code that identifies if it is reimbursable or non. I forget what it is and another poster will know and post it.

Den

Edited by Denny01

Actually, any OBC from your TA is usually refundable.  If not used it will automatically go back to the credit card used to pay for the cruise. Or you can cash it out at guest services on the last cruise day.  Your on board account will show all OBC and show each as either refundable or non-refundable. TA credit usually does not show on your account until day 2 of the cruise/ 

3 minutes ago, hurwitz5 said:

I don’t have a comment for this topic, however, I cannot find the area on the cruise critic message boards for starting a new topic/thread.  How do you do this?

On my phone, it in the menu that appears when you press the big plus sign in the second row at the top of the page.

7 minutes ago, hurwitz5 said:

I don’t have a comment for this topic, however, I cannot find the area on the cruise critic message boards for starting a new topic/thread.  How do you do this?

There is a website help forum. Why would post this here in this thread?

5 minutes ago, tartantiara said:

I just purchased OBC online this afternoon and actually got a good rate against the £ for it 

How? I can't see it as an option. 

I have $100 from the current promotion. 

32 minutes ago, isdoo said:

How? I can't see it as an option. 

I have $100 from the current promotion. 

If you go in to view your reservation it is under ‘ delivery on board ‘ and is along with gifting flowers, xperiences etc. You can buy the OBC and gift it to yourself 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, tartantiara said:

If you go in to view your reservation it is under ‘ delivery on board ‘ and is along with gifting flowers, xperiences etc. You can buy the OBC and gift it to yourself 

Struggling to find this :(

All I see is Shore Excursions / Dining & Beverage / Spa & Fitness / Internet & More / Calendar in the cruise planner.

Am I missing something? 

4 minutes ago, isdoo said:

Struggling to find this :(

All I see is Shore Excursions / Dining & Beverage / Spa & Fitness / Internet & More / Calendar in the cruise planner.

Am I missing something? 

I simply call the Captains Club (800-760-0654; don't press any options, just wait on the line for a LIVE person), give that person my reservation number and sail date, and indicate that I'd like to purchase OBC.  THEY do the rest.  Takes all of 5 minutes.

4 hours ago, isdoo said:

Struggling to find this 😞

Am I missing something? 

It’s  not in cruise planner it’s in manage reservation, not sure if Celebrity UK is different from Celebrity.com  but that’s how I did it