Exciting Ocean Medallion App News

idahospud

As I was prepping for my upcoming voyage on the Royal Princess in a couple weeks I was updating all my apps - OceanReady, OceanNow, Ocean Compass - and ran across a new app:

image.png.e217750bcb6d2aba4dea6eb249319679.png

It's by the same Global Experience Innovators that did the other Medallion apps. It looks like they've listened to all of not wanting to download so many apps and have combined them into this one. Here are some screen captures:

image.thumb.png.b7deba939d3a1d0d281fd34acf103d2a.pngimage.thumb.png.5b4199c815e2df5e30ed386feccaeb98.pngimage.thumb.png.f3e09eab28de8fda3e5e8d787e108306.png

It looks like some of the features are active now. Others, like OceanNow and JourneyView will be activated once on the ship like before. It's a 1.0 version right now so it appears to be in the early stages, but it's exciting to see things being moved into one app.

Right now I'm working on a video of all the features, and once on the ship will be posting a video of those features, too. (If you are wanting to play with it, it's a bit hard to find in the app store. I actually had to click on "Global Experience Innovators" and it took me to all the available apps.)

Edited by idahospud
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, idahospud said:

As I was prepping for my upcoming voyage on the Royal Princess in a couple weeks I was updating all my apps - OceanReady, OceanNow, Ocean Compass - and ran across a new app:

image.png.e217750bcb6d2aba4dea6eb249319679.png

It's by the same Global Experience Innovators that did the other Medallion apps. It looks like they've listened to all of not wanting to download so many apps and have combined them into this one. Here are some screen captures:

image.thumb.png.b7deba939d3a1d0d281fd34acf103d2a.pngimage.thumb.png.5b4199c815e2df5e30ed386feccaeb98.pngimage.thumb.png.f3e09eab28de8fda3e5e8d787e108306.png

It looks like some of the features are active now. Others, like OceanNow and JourneyView will be activated once on the ship like before. It's a 1.0 version right now so it appears to be in the early stages, but it's exciting to see things being moved into one app.

Right now I'm working on a video of all the features, and once on the ship will be posting a video of those features, too. (If you are wanting to play with it, it's a bit hard to find in the app store. I actually had to click on "Global Experience Innovators" and it took me to all the available apps.)

What is the app or page in the background with the cruise info and countdown?

19 minutes ago, denmarks said:

What is the app or page in the background with the cruise info and countdown?

All part of that same new MedallionClass app. Just appears without me having to open anything but the app. It has my voyages loaded so the countdown clock just shows up.

Edited by idahospud

7 minutes ago, richsea said:

Haven’t downloaded it yet, but I will & try to add our upcoming cruise to it.

When I downloaded it and logged in, our journey was already added to it. But we also had already finished everything in the OceanReady app last week, though. Nice that I didn't have to input everything else again.

6 minutes ago, idahospud said:

When I downloaded it and logged in, our journey was already added to it. But we also had already finished everything in the OceanReady app last week, though. Nice that I didn't have to input everything else again.

I downloaded it & signed in using my existing login from Ocean Ready, & our cruise also appeared, & had all our info from Ocean Ready.

1 minute ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Nice! Thanks for posting this!

You bet!

In May I ordered food and drink with the old OceanNow app and used the OceanCompass app to find my hubby around the ship. I'm excited to see how this new app works for those two things once we get on the ship in two weeks.

When we were on the Royal it was so confusing knowing which app you needed for what.

My thought was why did they not have them all together? Glad to see they did this.

Unfortunately I will not be able to use it on my next 2 cruises as they are expanding this very slowly.

This looking promising!

It's being rolled out this weekend for the sailings of Caribbean Princess and Royal Princess.  Apple only at the moment but Android will follow.  I was dying to try it out but Sky Princess inaugural isn't Ocean Ready yet.

Sandra

5 minutes ago, dides said:

It's being rolled out this weekend for the sailings of Caribbean Princess and Royal Princess.  Apple only at the moment but Android will follow.  I was dying to try it out but Sky Princess inaugural isn't Ocean Ready yet.

Sandra

Good to know. 

We are on the Royal Princess in two weeks. Looks like we'll be one of the first groups to try it out then. Fun!

Edited by idahospud

53 minutes ago, idahospud said:

You bet!

In May I ordered food and drink with the old OceanNow app and used the OceanCompass app to find my hubby around the ship. I'm excited to see how this new app works for those two things once we get on the ship in two weeks.

How does ordering food work?  What are the options?  Drinks I get, but I've wondered about the food.

2 minutes ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

How does ordering food work?  What are the options?  Drinks I get, but I've wondered about the food.

We ordered room service in the cabin and pizza and fries out by the pool. I have a YouTube video of it but can't post it here. 

• Like 1