Exciting Ocean Medallion App News

idahospud

Thanks Deb. 

We’re on the CB right now and are docked in Quebec. Just downloaded the app and it works! Pretty cool. 

Surprisingly all all of our upcoming cruises are also listed including a bunch we booked last night. 

The old ocean ready gave me fits and this appears to be much better. 

The Ocean Compass function in the new app works much better than the old app. It actually just located my DH correctly!! The old one was pretty hit and miss. 

I’m going to ask the Navigators if they are directing people to this app now. 

Edited by Crzn-Life

6 minutes ago, Crzn-Life said:

Thanks Deb. 

We’re on the CB right now and are docked in Quebec. Just downloaded the app and it works! Pretty cool. 

Surprisingly all all of our upcoming cruises are also listed including a bunch we booked last night. 

The old ocean ready gave me fits and this appears to be much better. 

The Ocean Compass function in the new app works much better than the old app. It actually just located my DH correctly!! The old one was pretty hit and miss. 

I’m going to ask the Navigators if they are directing people to this app now. 

Glad to hear it's working on the ship right now. I won't be on the Royal for two more weeks so I'll be anxious to hear how it's working in the meantime. Can you keep us updated?

Enjoy your cruise!

14 minutes ago, idahospud said:

Glad to hear it's working on the ship right now. I won't be on the Royal for two more weeks so I'll be anxious to hear how it's working in the meantime. Can you keep us updated?

Enjoy your cruise!

I’ll try. When I’m cruising I tend to lose track of time as well as forget what I’m supposed to be doing! 😮 

BTW the allergens are new. Previously they were added to your profile via the Personalizer so only your MDR had that info. Hopefully with this when you go to an alternative restaurant they should have that info if you entered it in the App.  I checked and the app didn’t have my allergens listed so I’m going to enter them. 

Edited by Crzn-Life

1 hour ago, dides said:

It's being rolled out this weekend for the sailings of Caribbean Princess and Royal Princess.  Apple only at the moment but Android will follow.  I was dying to try it out but Sky Princess inaugural isn't Ocean Ready yet.

Sandra

Like OceanReady the new combination app doesn’t recognize my booking number for the Sky in November.  For the Royal in April that didn’t happen until about 6 weeks prior to sailing so will patiently wait & hopefully won’t need to call them.

idahospud...thanks for sharing the new combo app. 😊

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Like OceanReady the new combination app doesn’t recognize my booking number for the Sky in November.  For the Royal in April that didn’t happen until about 6 weeks prior to sailing so will patiently wait & hopefully won’t need to call them.

You’re welcome.

My November and December sailings on the Royal are already in there. I wonder if the Sky isn’t showing up because the ship isn't technically activated yet?

Thank you for this. Sitting on our aft balcony right now on the CB in Quebec City. 

Downloaded the new app and it appears to operate nearly flawless. 

In addition to this sailing, it populated with other OM cruises we gave upcoming. (only on OM ships, non OM sailings are not included )

all of my personal information included in the suite of previous apps is populated within this new app. 

The only thing I’ve found that doesn’t work is in several places it wants to link to and open a web browser. Browser doesn’t open. 

Very very nice!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

I guess the Grand is sucking that... behind thing, too, because we leave in 5 days and putting in our booking number flummoxed it completely. It didn't know my e-mail address, either. So far, it's perfect.

7 minutes ago, The Mikado said:

I guess the Grand is sucking that... behind thing, too, because we leave in 5 days and putting in our booking number flummoxed it completely. It didn't know my e-mail address, either. So far, it's perfect.

This app only works for the MedallionClass ships. The Grand isn’t one yet. 

2 minutes ago, idahospud said:

This app only works for the MedallionClass ships. The Grand isn’t one yet. 

Thank you. Although you'd think you'd at least be able to enter your booking number and store your travel docs, for example, even if you couldn't order food or things like that.

35 minutes ago, idahospud said:

You’re welcome.

My November and December sailings on the Royal are already in there. I wonder if the Sky isn’t showing up because the ship isn't technically activated yet?

For the Royal in April we were only the 2nd official MC cruise and we’re on the Sky’s 3rd cruise.  

I was hopeful that for the Sky it would accept my reservation sooner than later but that might not happen.  If not available by next month it’ll be time to seek help by calling their Navigators again.  Hopefully soon these MC growing pains will end but I’m not overly optimistic.

1 minute ago, Astro Flyer said:

I was hopeful that for the Sky it would accept my reservation sooner than later but that might not happen.  If not available by next month it’ll be time to seek help by calling their Navigators again.  Hopefully soon these MC growing pains will end but I’m not overly optimistic.

We are the October 20th Sky Inaugural and I was told it should accept our reservation later this month...so ever hopeful!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, dides said:

We are the October 20th Sky Inaugural and I was told it should accept our reservation later this month...so ever hopeful!

Thank you kindly for that information!! 😃

Edited by OzPilot
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, idahospud said:

As I was prepping for my upcoming voyage on the Royal Princess in a couple weeks I was updating all my apps - OceanReady, OceanNow, Ocean Compass - and ran across a new app:

It's by the same Global Experience Innovators that did the other Medallion apps. It looks like they've listened to all of not wanting to download so many apps and have combined them into this one. Here are some screen captures:

It looks like some of the features are active now. Others, like OceanNow and JourneyView will be activated once on the ship like before. It's a 1.0 version right now so it appears to be in the early stages, but it's exciting to see things being moved into one app.

Right now I'm working on a video of all the features, and once on the ship will be posting a video of those features, too. (If you are wanting to play with it, it's a bit hard to find in the app store. I actually had to click on "Global Experience Innovators" and it took me to all the available apps.)

Well Done, idahospud - thank you!

I just downloaded the Medallion App and it was very simple. All my info was already there from The Ocean Ready app. 

My Ocean Medallions are going to be delivered 10 to 20 days before my cruise. Just like they were in January on my last cruise.

So far so good  😁. Thank for sharing.

Tony

952595F6-3888-4C80-9660-BF403BA258FA.jpeg

• Like 2

I for one pounded the drum on this type of combined app this June on Regal and the OCEAN team said it was being worked on.  I put in my cruise survey and I wrote CR about it for good measure.  Fantastic that this is done.

I am not an Apple person and I am not finding it in the Google Play Store.  Not clear to me if other non-Apply types have found it to download.

I am guessing it must be delayed and they only worked on Apple first.  Not the best since there are gazillions of Android users.  Hopefully it will be along soon.

Edited by steelers36

I do notice now in OCEAN Ready for our Nov 7 Crown voyage Princess has electronic boarding passes with QR Codes that can be easily scanned.  Wow - even more modern technology!!  On another thread about printing BP's, there was discussion about if they are needed or use electronic copy and last cruise I had the PDF's on my phone and no paper.  Now the BP's are built right in and scanable!!

One of these days, Princess IT will be fully modern!

Now I just want this new combined App on my phone!!  They better have the Android version before NOV 1!!!

<Pinches self as realizing about to take THIRD cruise in one calendar year.  Unheard of in our house!!>

1 hour ago, Lucky TGO said:

I just downloaded the Medallion App and it was very simple. All my info was already there from The Ocean Ready app. 

My Ocean Medallions are going to be delivered 10 to 20 days before my cruise. Just like they were in January on my last cruise.

Tony

Are you able to see the delivery schedule information in Ocean Ready?  I have not been able to find it so far. 

1 hour ago, Lucky TGO said:

Tony

I was told back in FEB that delivery to CANADA was imminent, coming soon, just around the corner.  It is now almost mid-August and OCEAN Ready still has nothing outside USA and PR.