Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
bigilla

From Venice Port to Treviso Airport

Recommended Posts

Hi. Can you please tell me how to get from Venice port to Treviso airport? Thanks in advance.

 

We are also trying to decide which ship to sail on from Venice... Musica, Opera or Magnifica. Any ideas? The ports of call are all interesting..so no problem there. Basically what we re mostly interested in is activities to keep our teenager occupied. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can get a bus to and from Treviso airport, Musica or Magnifica may be your best bet as they are newer than the Opera and will have more things onboard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bigilla said:

Hi. Can you please tell me how to get from Venice port to Treviso airport? Thanks in advance.

 

We are also trying to decide which ship to sail on from Venice... Musica, Opera or Magnifica. Any ideas? The ports of call are all interesting..so no problem there. Basically what we re mostly interested in is activities to keep our teenager occupied. 

To get from Venice port to Trevisio airport walk off ship to the people mover it’s right in front of you just follow the crowd it’s about five to ten minutes and go to Piazza Roma it’s a two minute ride costs about €1.50

From there get a bus to Trevisio airport they run very frequently to coincide with flight departures.

Takes about forty five minutes.

Obviously an easier and quicker but more expensive option is to take a taxi they are lined up for hire on your way to the people mover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks a lot for your help.Now it s clearer. But I just read that ships will no longer dock in Venice...do you know if this is true please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, bigilla said:

Thanks a lot for your help.Now it s clearer. But I just read that ships will no longer dock in Venice...do you know if this is true please?

 

There are currently 2 threads on the main page discussing this subject:

 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2686278-no-more-venice-sailings/

 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2686237-sailing-into-venice-to-end/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do go and follow the threads about what is happening in Venice port.  Wherever the cruise port is sited, ships will still leave from Venice,  embarking/disembarking may just require a different route.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, bigilla said:

Thanks a lot for your help.Now it s clearer. But I just read that ships will no longer dock in Venice...do you know if this is true please?

Pleased to help.

Regarding the none docking in Venice of the larger vessels  I’m sure the cruise lines will keep us all informed.

The Italian government has suggested that ships weighing more than 1,000 tonnes will be rerouted from certain waterways probably from sometime in September or October.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Pleased to help.

Regarding the none docking in Venice of the larger vessels  I’m sure the cruise lines will keep us all informed.

The Italian government has suggested that ships weighing more than 1,000 tonnes will be rerouted from certain waterways probably from sometime in September or October.

 

I cannot calculate 1,000 tonnes into real life.  I have looked up the NCL Star and it seems she is 91,000 tonnes.  I think that the Star is not one of the Mega ships.  Even the Windstar yachts are over 5000 tonnes.  It really will be a huge change.  Great for Venice.  

 

I am expecting NCL to keep me informed where my September cruise leaves from.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

 

I cannot calculate 1,000 tonnes into real life.  I have looked up the NCL Star and it seems she is 91,000 tonnes.  I think that the Star is not one of the Mega ships.  Even the Windstar yachts are over 5000 tonnes.  It really will be a huge change.  Great for Venice.  

 

I am expecting NCL to keep me informed where my September cruise leaves from.   

Maagnifica is about 95,000 tonnes

Musica 92,000 tonnes

Opera 75,000 tonnes 

or thereabouts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2019 at 11:21 PM, Norwich Cruiser said:

Maagnifica is about 95,000 tonnes

Musica 92,000 tonnes

Opera 75,000 tonnes 

or thereabouts

 

So basically there are no 'ships' under 1000 tonnes.  They are keeping the lagoon free for light vessels.  That is good news for Venice so I am pleased.    They need to get their time line into action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...