3rd restaurant on Breakaway to get with package

Jasonmom

Going to be on 7 day Western Caribbean on NCL Breakaway.  We received 3 restaurants perk.  We like seafood, beef, and to try new foods.  Mom will not want to go to Mexican / spicy restaraunt.  Heard not so great things about Moderno and/or Cagney's.  Plan to go one night to Ocean Blue and another to Le Bistro.  What else would you recommend?  Can we choose to go to one of these restaurants twice?  If you think Moderno or Cagney's is great let me know

We find the meat at Moderno to be very very salty but we go for there amazing large salad bar, It alone is worth price. There desert offers are very good as is the charred pineapple that they come around with.

We also way do Le Bistro more than twice in a 7 day cruise as there selection is very good. Yo'll also get a better steak there than Cagney's, we have found this every time we've order steak and we eat there a lot as we only do the specialty dining packages in all of our cruises. Le Bistro is by far our fav.

La Cucina has a couple good dishes like the chicken parma and the osso bucco for sure.

• Like 1

I have to agree with FranknBeans.  I like Moderno a lot but go hungry. The salad bar is awesome since I am not a big meat eater. I like only 2 or 3 of the meat selections actually but they are good. And that pineapple... oh my.

And Le Bistro is the best restaurant overall. Worth a second trip.

Being a big seafood eater Ocean Blue is my favorite.

• Like 1

On ships without Ocean Blue, we've been doing Cagney's twice and La Cucina twice (combination of dining plan and Platinum benefits).

We're not fans of Moderno (we've tried it twice). Like others mentioned, we find the meat salty and it really isn't our type of restaurant.

We've always been happy at Cagney's, though we are disappointed that they took sea bass off of the menu. On our last trip to La Cucina we loved the pizza (thin crust) and it made for awesome snacking later. 

A lot of people really love Teppanyaki. We tend to avoid there and Le Bisto because my husband can be a bit picky, plus he tries to avoid all sauces for sodium reasons. 

We really like the salad bar at Moderno, Go hungry if you like meat. I think there are about 12 different meats they bring out to you.

We also have done the hibachi restaurant, on some of our trips, it is a bit noisy with the performance and the ventilation systems.

6 hours ago, drumming cruisers said:

We do NOT like Moderno. Meat is salty, undercooked, or overcooked. We usually do Le Bistro twice. We also like the Mexican restaurant. I don't like spicy food. and its not spicy to me. 

It really stinks about the meat in Moderno.  I think my Mom and Brother would get a kick out of a Brazilian restaurant.  I went to one once that was excellent.  

Mom does not want to go to Mexican restaurant and me and my Brother plan to get off ship in Mexico and have a more authentic Mexican meal.  But thanks

On 8/10/2019 at 7:56 AM, Jasonmom said:

It really stinks about the meat in Moderno.  I think my Mom and Brother would get a kick out of a Brazilian restaurant.  I went to one once that was excellent.  

Mom does not want to go to Mexican restaurant and me and my Brother plan to get off ship in Mexico and have a more authentic Mexican meal.  But thanks

we went to Moderno on the Epic and didn't have any complaints - everything was delicious

On 8/9/2019 at 1:33 PM, FranknBeans said:

We find the meat at Moderno to be very very salty but we go for there amazing large salad bar, It alone is worth price. There desert offers are very good as is the charred pineapple that they come around with.

We also way do Le Bistro more than twice in a 7 day cruise as there selection is very good. Yo'll also get a better steak there than Cagney's, we have found this every time we've order steak and we eat there a lot as we only do the specialty dining packages in all of our cruises. Le Bistro is by far our fav.

La Cucina has a couple good dishes like the chicken parma and the osso bucco for sure.

i will agree with you on the steak in the le bristro. it is a very good filet. the fish is great too.

On 8/10/2019 at 6:56 AM, Jasonmom said:

The problem with these threads that pop up all the time is that people have different tastes.  You can have two couples sitting next to each other in a place like Moderno:   One couple loves it, the other hates it.   You really  just have to go to the places that catch your eye when you look at the restaurant listings and menus.  I think it's amazing the choices that NCL and the other lines provide customers.  It's hard to please everyone especially the Debbie Downers you see on Cruise Critic.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2019 at 1:37 AM, drumming cruisers said:

We do NOT like Moderno. Meat is salty, undercooked, or overcooked. We usually do Le Bistro twice. We also like the Mexican restaurant. I don't like spicy food. and its not spicy to me. 

Is there a Mexican restaurant on the Breakaway?  I don’t recall seeing it on the list

Sorry but didn’t enjoy Teppanyaki on the Breakaway in June. Not a great show and steak was tough as old boots (went to one in Orlando after the cruise and it was awesome).

I had a great meal in Le Bistro and in Cagney’s. Highly recommend both of these.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/10/2019 at 10:45 AM, bssc said:

I would also suggest Teppanyaki as a third choice.

their filet is the same or better than cagneys and i enjoyed it a lot. that being said. sharing tables with strangers may not be for everyone but cagneys has a good steak for you at your private table.