Boarding Equinox this am, open for questions, not even a pretend Live Blog

cangelmd

4 hours ago, cangelmd said:

Forgot balcony furniture. It is new, 2 armchairs and breakfast size table. One lounger type chair, but it is in 2 pieces, the chair which lays back and the footstool part

Thanks so much for this information--sounds nice and I can't wait to see it in person!

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

4 hours ago, tarps14 said:

Why didn't y'all stop in Key West today (Sun)?

Change was made over a month ago, can’t remember why, or if were even told. We stop at KW Friday, and are staying longer than original time, now I think 7 am to 7 pm.

• Like 1

Wow. You are an angel on earth to answer questions. I'm crusing my first cruise on the 24th and would love to see some of the dailies (schedule) to know what to expect. Having a hard time finding recent ones.

I'd also love to know about the shows as well which someone already posted about and the offers on board (which someone else posted asking about on this thread also). Thanks for being kind enough to do this. 

On 8/10/2019 at 8:47 AM, Olive1950 said:

OMG, thank you for offering.  I'm in a CS on the October 4-14 Equinox sailing.  Finding someone in a suite on these boards is not so easy.

Here are my questions:

1. YOUR take on the Suite Retreat:  too much sun; not worth the effort to get there?

2. Michael's Club:  who is the concierge you're sailing?

3. Luminae:  who is the Restaurant Manager?  Who is the sommelier?

You can either post or email me.  My email address is shown below my post.

Enjoy your cruise; but moreover, ENJOY THE SUITE LIFE!!!!!

I’m bumping this back up to answer questions now that we are on the downward side of this cruise, boo!

Alexandra is the Retreat Lounge concierge, she has been quite helpful, setting us up with Luggage Valet and answering questions. Saber is also listed as a concierge, but we haven’t had interaction with him/her.

Yan is the sommelier, although we are wine people, we haven’t had any real special requests. 

Not sure who you mean by restaurant manager, Tanya and Victoria are hosting.

Waitstaff include Nino, Alfred and Mylan ?sp

Retreat Sundeck, I’m sitting on the sundeck, just anchored in Grand Cayman. The short answer to everyone’s questions about the Retreat is yes - yes, plenty of staff, well taken care of, they come around with ice towels in the afternoon, sherbet, plenty of cold drinks. But, there’s no one up here, even on sea days, maybe 10 people tops, very little shade, hot ( it is August). Good baffles, not too windy even underway. Pleasantly breezy right now, but I doubt we will be able to stay for lunch, it will just be too hot I’m afraid.

The music is a little loud, but not terrible, it masks other people’s conversations, because even though there are few people up here, everyone is trying to sit in the little bit of shade, lol!

There is no access for the mobility impaired, it’s 2-3 flights of stairs, and no handy bathroom.

Great view of mooring in Cayman.

I’m quite cynical, but the sundeck is very much a half finished work in progress. I wonder what they will do moving forward because the guest staff ratio is averaging one to one. It’s great for us, we are the only people up here!

On 8/10/2019 at 8:47 AM, chemmo said:

Hope you have a fantastic cruise! I think you will find the Suite Life very sweet!

We board Equinox in five weeks, can’t wait!

Just a couple of questions...can you work out which nights are which menu in LPC? Is there a set plan, for example, first half of the cruise original then swaps over....

We are interested in the service levels (food and drink) on the retreat deck, particularly on port days. Other than very short port walks we do intend to enjoy this cruise as a real crash out...Also do they bring chilled towels etc round? We were so disappointed that the full Revolution did not take place but had already committed to flights etc so are determined to make the most of our experience....We just hope we don’t roast or blow away trying to enjoy!

Che morning, see above to answer sundeck questions. If you pick your days carefully, you should be fine up here, particularly if you can tolerate some sun - I have to have complete shade, so I’m moving around chasing shade and breeze.

This week, first half of cruise was LPC new menu, second half old menu. I don’t know if that is the way every cruise is or if they just alternate every 3-4 days, regardless of day of the cruise, you follow?

On 8/10/2019 at 9:00 AM, Olive1950 said:

One more question, if you don't mind.  Are there Alcoves at the Lawn Club that can be rented?  Can you PLEASE take a picture of one for me?

I'm not a SUN person either....

I have the pictures of the Alcoves. I think they will be awesome in October, with very acceptable shade and breeze at that point. You might lose some view in order to have shade though. They would be tight for 4 people, but there is a little apron of deck in front of them, so you could move a chair onto that to open up more space without harming the grass. Would be a great idea for a family or group that needed a meeting space, especially if no one had suite privileges. 

I have photos that I will post when I get home, I’m not savvy enough to get them from one device to another with the slow wifi

On 8/12/2019 at 4:46 PM, JACKYJUSTKIDDING said:

Wow. You are an angel on earth to answer questions. I'm crusing my first cruise on the 24th and would love to see some of the dailies (schedule) to know what to expect. Having a hard time finding recent ones.

I'd also love to know about the shows as well which someone already posted about and the offers on board (which someone else posted asking about on this thread also). Thanks for being kind enough to do this. 

The new premium pkg has not filtered down to the ship, so who knows!?

we are those people who save all that pesky paper, so I will keep dailies and the future cruise flyers and post when I get home. The WiFi is slow, so hard to post pictures.

Sorry about shows, haven’t made one yet.! New entertainment crew joined in FLL, so we have not had a production show yet? Don’t know if those things are related? We did hear the violinist outside her 7 and 9 shows, she was good - classically trained violinist plays Devil went down to Georgia. The band Nu Image is also quite good.

• Thanks 1

We are presently on top of a windy hill in Wales, thoroughly enjoying our location but soooo looking forward to being ‘too hot’....

Received a phone call from the shoreside concierge last night...now I know our cruise is imminent!

Sincere thanks for taking the time out from your cruise to answer questions, hope you continue to enjoy!

1 hour ago, cangelmd said:

The new premium pkg has not filtered down to the ship, so who knows!?

we are those people who save all that pesky paper, so I will keep dailies and the future cruise flyers and post when I get home. The WiFi is slow, so hard to post pictures.

Sorry about shows, haven’t made one yet.! New entertainment crew joined in FLL, so we have not had a production show yet? Don’t know if those things are related? We did hear the violinist outside her 7 and 9 shows, she was good - classically trained violinist plays Devil went down to Georgia. The band Nu Image is also quite good.

Oh, I hope Nu Image is onboard in September when we cruise. They were on Infinity last December for our first cruise and I'll always remember them playing great music at sailaway and throughout.