RCCL Cannabis Policy. Where? What?

56 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

October 2019, Adventure of the Seas Quebec City to Ft. Lauderdale.  Got it.

By all means, go ahead and take your pot on board.  Enjoy your cruise, regardless of how short it might wind up being.  😉

Clearly you haven't read the entire thread, that's okay I often don't either. But let me refresh...

1. Cannabis is not illegal here in Canada. I'm boarding in Canada and going to Canadian ports, not entering USA until day 7. Nobody is going to arrest me for having cannabis at the port of embarkation even if I chose to bring it. (If there were a US Customs pre-clearance at any port, it would be clearly noted to remind passengers that cannabis was not allowed, in which case I'd have opportunity to toss it long before I ended up anywhere where it was illegal).

2. I've made it clear I don't intend to bring anything unless it were allowed under RCCL policy and I've made it clear I wouldn't bring it to USA. I'm not about to jeopardize my cruising and I'm not an idiot.

3. I've read the guest conduct policy, it does not reference cannabis.

4. Many industries that serve Canada have clear policies now that cannabis is legal here. Airlines and airport security for example allow possession of cannabis now (if you're travelling between Canadian airports, but it is not allowed if you are flying to or from another country). I am simply curious to know if it would be the same for my cruise ship between Canadian ports.

5. I'm not surprised some folks chose to belittle my quest for information and harass, some of that is typical with online stuff, but usually one can wade through that and get to an answer here because Cruise Critic has proven time and again over the 19 years I've been a member to repeatedly be faster at getting information than calling into the cruise lines. (not this time)

6. To head off the reply I know is coming... In 2002 Cruise Critic had a database failure and lost all of the posts and info on everyone so that's why it says "member since 2002", not because I'm high and don't know how to count to 19.

7. This will be my last post on this topic. If someone does in fact find a RCCL policy with regards to cannabis while cruising in Canada, please message me directly.

Happy Cruising everyone.

Edited by gospelle
added #7

1 hour ago, gospelle said:

As I've said (repeatedly) I wouldn't take any cannabis on board without knowing the policy.  Maybe I should try and find out what it is. Oh, wait...

OK, you don't know Royals policy, you say others here on CC don't know Royals policy. End of subject. Sounds like you'll be leaving your marijuana home. Enjoy your cruise on the Adventure. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

I think people need to realise that this is classic trolling - the poster refuses to follow the avenue that would give them a definitive answer (contact RCL), but instead encourage other posters to try to 'persuade' them - but as no absolute definitive proof can be given, this allows them to refute any posts, no matter how eloquent or logical. So we get stuck in a loop of persuade-refute-persuade-refute.

For your sanity, walk away, the OP will never be happy with your answers. If they really want a definite answer they already know how to get it.

Edited by beardedladies
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, gospelle said:

Clearly you haven't read the entire thread, that's okay I often don't either. But let me refresh...

1. Cannabis is not illegal here in Canada. I'm boarding in Canada and going to Canadian ports, not entering USA until day 7. Nobody is going to arrest me for having cannabis at the port of embarkation even if I chose to bring it. (If there were a US Customs pre-clearance at any port, it would be clearly noted to remind passengers that cannabis was not allowed, in which case I'd have opportunity to toss it long before I ended up anywhere where it was illegal).

2. I've made it clear I don't intend to bring anything unless it were allowed under RCCL policy and I've made it clear I wouldn't bring it to USA. I'm not about to jeopardize my cruising and I'm not an idiot.

4. Many industries that serve Canada have clear policies now that cannabis is legal here. Airlines and airport security for example allow possession of cannabis now (if you're travelling between Canadian airports, but it is not allowed if you are flying to or from another country). I am simply curious to know if it would be the same for my cruise ship between Canadian ports.

5. I'm not surprised some folks chose to belittle my quest for information and harass, some of that is typical with online stuff, but usually one can wade through that and get to an answer here because Cruise Critic has proven time and again over the 19 years I've been a member to repeatedly be faster at getting information than calling into the cruise lines. (not this time)

6. To head off the reply I know is coming... In 2002 Cruise Critic had a database failure and lost all of the posts and info on everyone so that's why it says "member since 2002", not because I'm high and don't know how to count to 19.

Happy Cruising everyone.

You have done a nice job of explaining yourself here.  Good luck with finding out the answers.  The laws are changing so quickly.  Here in Miami-Dade County,  they  have just announced they have stopped prosecuting minor marijuana cases.   

5 hours ago, gospelle said:

i'm pretty sure someone trying to comply with a alcohol or cannabis policy shouldn't have to rely on their knowledge of international maritime law in order to do it. there must be a policy somewhere to guide the average passenger.

So, go ahead.  Test the system and see if you get on.  Why argue the point.  Or, you can pick up the phone and call Royal!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hftmrock said:

I truly hope this is definitive

https://www.marijuana.com/news/2016/10/can-you-bring-marijuana-on-a-cruise-ship/

“Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. follows the (U.S.) Federal Law regardless of each state/countries’ recreational marijuana laws. Per Federal Law, Medical Marijuana is still considered illegal.”

If thats not final enough.... Im not sure what will be

@gospelle Why have you not realized this post answered your question? It is the same approach in their policy for alcohol---must be 21 for cruises that involve US ports because that is what the US requires as a minimum drinking age.

Incidentally, no cruise line will decide to allow something which will be illegal at the tail end of a cruise just because a passenger promises to use it up before they get there. Their policies will always be based on the totality of the cruise. They are not going to take a chance on someone taking it a little too far.

Why not just buy something at each port to use there? 

Edited by mayleeman

1 hour ago, gospelle said:

As I've said (repeatedly) I wouldn't take any cannabis on board without knowing the policy.  Maybe I should try and find out what it is. Oh, wait...

Oh wait...you've had 6 hours to call/write Royal.

And 8 pages of discussion and yet you keep asking the same question over and over and over.

Obvi, you are a stoned troll....and perhaps a bit drunk....and maybe not even the OP but their child that somehow found the password to the family account.

Just wait to Dad finds out......lol

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, gospelle said:

I'd rather have someone here post it. Then the next guy looking for the answer can see it without a hundred people telling them to "just call". So please, everyone, stop asking me to call.

Are YOU afraid they will say no?  Why don't YOU call and then YOU can post it on here for all who want to take pot on board.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, davekathy said:

The OP never expressed or implied he was going to bring marijuana onboard. Smoke or eat. Just wanting to see RCCLs published policy saying, it's prohibited to bring marijuana onboard any of their ships. 

SO he should just call Royal and stop asking here where he will not accept the negative answers here.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, gospelle said:

7. This will be my last post on this topic. If someone does in fact find a RCCL policy with regards to cannabis while cruising in Canada, please message me directly.

If you do find a written policy, please feel free to share it here....assuming you are truly sincere in your quest.

40 minutes ago, gospelle said:

Happy Cruising everyone.

Does federal  law allow you to bring cannabis into or out of Canada?  Not according to this:

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/cannabis-eng.html

Bottom line, if you are reluctant to call Royal and get an answer and don't want to accept advice that you asked for on this board then make your decision and live with it.

• Like 2

• Clarea locked this topic