Seaside YC changes from July 2018

frank808

Hi there.  Sailed our first Seaside YC cruise in July 2018.  Will be back on in July 2020 and have read about some changes.

I just want to know what has changed in regards to getting drinks at Venchi Chocolates and the Gelato Bar by the Miami Pool?  I used to get some cocktails at the Champagne bar, are they still included?  

I also read that YC guests have to pay to zipline now.  How much is it and is there still a cabin price for the cruise?

Just want to be sure what is included now with the changes.  With the book before Nov 2018 grandfather clause,  I understand why MSC would not let me move the deposit to different sailing.  I had to cancell for a refund and leave a new deposit.

Thanks for your answers.

There are a couple threads on the first two pages talking about the drinks and still some grayness about the bookers before Nov.

We booked before Nov. and sailed both March and June.  Venchi chocolate martini two was included as were shakes.  Gelato at all locations included.  Menu in YC had items that were upcharge.  Could get doubles anywhere for free.

Zipline was $10 but latest report $11.  

Added is the YC pool party and dinner one night.

Music changed as Fabio left in March and we had husband wife duo but music always did some rotation.

Oh, and dinner menu changed.  It has been posted but more lean to seafood.  Food is subjective but IMO a change for the worse.  Food in pool area seemed improved.

YC top shelf items that you need to upgrade to PremiumPlus to enjoy;  otherwise for charge (plus 15% service charge):

512483749_YCspiritsprices.png.37150d50411b99dfa1390e002301d426.png

There are also wines by the glass for charge in YC:

981162587_SeasideYCWinesbytheglassprices.png.01c096a4ea6371dff9d2b449e4f25978.png

Edited by Beamafar

18 hours ago, mafig said:

I thought dexddd meant food.  Alcohol is understandable.

The upcharge was in reference to drinks as Bea posted those items.  Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by dexddd

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

The upcharge was in reference to drinks as Bea posted those items.  Sorry for the confusion.

No problem.😀  I'm just glad that they're not charging more for a steak "for your convenience."

On 8/10/2019 at 12:33 PM, Beamafar said:

YC top shelf items that you need to upgrade to PremiumPlus to enjoy;  otherwise for charge (plus 15% service charge):

512483749_YCspiritsprices.png.37150d50411b99dfa1390e002301d426.png

There are also wines by the glass for charge in YC:

981162587_SeasideYCWinesbytheglassprices.png.01c096a4ea6371dff9d2b449e4f25978.png

That seems like the same upcharge items from 2018.  I am happy with the I cluded drinks and don't need to upgrade to premium plus.   I drink New Amsterdam Vodka from Royal so the included Grey Goose is fine for me.

What about the crepes and milk shakes from Venchi?

With regards to the Nov changes, I wondered why my TA said MSC would not move the deposit over to new dates.  I had to get. A refund of our on board bookings and leave a new deposit.  So lost out on $200 OBC per cruise because of that and I take it a slightly less All Inclusive drink package?

What is the difference between the pre Nov drink package and the post Nov drink package?  Thanks