Not at all live Edge review

OriginalBoat

2 hours ago, OriginalBoat said:

Sea day!

Lunch in le Grande Bistro. Worth the money, don't miss it.

Chic night in the MDR-Cyprus.  Ricaldo was amazing and the food was really good. Tourenados, rack of lamb and stuffed portabello. I didn't like the decor as much as Cosmopolitan. 

Thanks...wonder where we will be on chic nights  but look forward to the Lamb in Cyprus if that was a special to Cypress  meal.(????)

Definitely  making res for the lunch in le Grande Bistro on sea day...

Thanks!

2 hours ago, mnocket said:

Most do not tip after each dinner.  If you wish to leave a tip (not required, but it's nice to reward great service), most will do so on the last night.  You should feel no pressure to tip beyond the prepaid gratuities  It's entirely a personal matter. 

Problem is that with 4 diff mdrs and likely a diff staff each night, we thought we'd leave extra as we go along.  We'll see how it goes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mnocket said:

Most do not tip after each dinner.  If you wish to leave a tip (not required, but it's nice to reward great service), most will do so on the last night.  You should feel no pressure to tip beyond the prepaid gratuities  It's entirely a personal matter. 

Thank you, also can you use US dollars or Euros or either one?

4 hours ago, Rosa bear said:

Really dumb question but newbie here, we have prepaid gratuities so should we still tip the wait staff at dinner?

Yea what hcat said. Not required or expected, but we like to do it. More so with set dining when you have 1 set of waitstaff for the whole cruise and they really start to anticipate your needs.

On 8/11/2019 at 5:27 PM, hcat said:

If the drapes are kept closed , will the cabin be cool enough? At least  the SV cabin has curtains/ drapes...IV only had the darkening shade...all or nothing! 

We are not balcony sun worshippers but are hoping for awesome  balcony sunrises and sunsets, plus nightime sky views...

Yes it can stay really cool, down to about 66 with the drapes drawn.

3 hours ago, Jesseslola said:

I am talking about specialty dining! Per dinner.

I generally don't tip extra at specialty dining.

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Thanks...wonder where we will be on chic nights  but look forward to the Lamb in Cyprus if that was a special to Cypress  meal.(????)

Definitely  making res for the lunch in le Grande Bistro on sea day...

Thanks!

Cyprus has a lamb shank on the menu every night.  I had the rack of lamb that was on every dining room on the first chic night.

We went back and forth on where to eat on this sea day.  Had some credit to burn so it was definitely a specialty restaurant. Seemed too hot and windy for Rooftop which was my first choice.

1 hour ago, Rosa bear said:

Thank you, also can you use US dollars or Euros or either one?

They'll take either.  The currency aboard is USD.  If they're about to reposition to the US I'd stick with dollars, otherwise use whichever.

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Problem is that with 4 diff mdrs and likely a diff staff each night, we thought we'd leave extra as we go along.  We'll see how it goes.

Good point.  I haven't been on the Edge yet, so wasn't thinking about that.

50 minutes ago, OriginalBoat said:

The one excursion I was really looking forward to has been cancelled.  Chefs Market Discoveries. @vtcruising spoke so highly of it. Everything except the strenuous excursions are full and I don't want to work that hard in this heat. 😞

Sorry that it was canceled! Maybe they didn't have enough people?

1 hour ago, OriginalBoat said:

On the bright side they were able to move our Fine Cut reservation from lobster night to tomorrow @ 6. A little early but we usually like 630 or 7.

Enjoy! We have eaten there 3 times and will be definitely book for next cruise. Loved the bone in fillet mignon (and scallop appetizer) and Ultimate Hot Fudge Sundae. 

On 8/13/2019 at 11:52 PM, vtcruising said:

Enjoy! We have eaten there 3 times and will be definitely book for next cruise. Loved the bone in fillet mignon (and scallop appetizer) and Ultimate Hot Fudge Sundae. 

That's exactly what I ordered. It was wonderful. Also got the wedge salad that was just OK.

• Like 1