Shareholder benefits

3 minutes ago, hancock said:

If the OBC is from the TA, yes.  If it is from RCl, it depends on the amount of the OBC.  There have recently been some changes.  Check out shareholder benefits on RCL's website under company info.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Mythbuster said:

It will depend on when you booked.  If it was before June 1st it is unlikely it will be combinable with RCCL OBCs but will be combinable with TA's.  If you booked after June 1st most RCCL OBCs are also combinable.

I agree, its combinable if you booked your cruise after June 1st....

9 hours ago, robandana said:

Someone mentioned that the Shareholder Benefit is "use or lose" OBC (non-refundable), and you can't use it to pay a portion of your gratuities, as other non-refundable OBC you can use it for a portion of the gratuities.   Can someone confirm that?

If that's the case, then the Shareholder non-refundable OBC will be the first deducted from your expenditures on board, then the RCL non-refundable, and lastly the TA fully refundable, with the RCL non-refundable and the TA fully refundable can be used to pay gratuities.  🍷

17 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

Someone mentioned that the Shareholder Benefit is "use or lose" OBC (non-refundable), and you can't use it to pay a portion of your gratuities, as other non-refundable OBC you can use it for a portion of the gratuities.   Can someone confirm that?

If that's the case, then the Shareholder non-refundable OBC will be the first deducted from your expenditures on board, then the RCL non-refundable, and lastly the TA fully refundable, with the RCL non-refundable and the TA fully refundable can be used to pay gratuities.  🍷

Shareholder OBC is not refundable, but it can be used for any charge except for booking a new cruise.

11 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Shareholder OBC is not refundable, but it can be used for any charge except for booking a new cruise.

I understand that, but the question is, can it be used to pay gratuities or a portion thereof?  I read somewhere that it cannot. 

I don't think you can use any OBC for booking a new cruise, refundable or non-refundable.  I've always had my credit card charged.   🍷

2 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

I understand that, but the question is, can it be used to pay gratuities or a portion thereof?  I read somewhere that it cannot. 

I don't think you can use any OBC for booking a new cruise, refundable or non-refundable.  I've always had my credit card charged.   🍷

Yes, any OBC (including shareholder) can be used to pay gratuities on Royal at the present time.

14 hours ago, LUVINMYHUBS said:

If you own 100 shares of RCCL stock, will it stack( add to)  the OBC from TA, or is it either/or?

There's another thread currently active here which gives the Royal website which explains the revised SH benefit.  I can't seem to be able to copy and paste the address here.  But you can see this site as posted on the other thread.

Anyhow, under #7 on the Royal site, I quote verbatim:  "Onboard credit may not be used for onboard service charges or pre-purchased activities."   I would assume onboard service charges are the gratuities.  Could this possible mean that SH OBC cannot be used to pre-pay grats in advance of the cruise, but can be applied to grats once on the ship?

2 minutes ago, zuggie said:

... Could this possible mean that SH OBC cannot be used to pre-pay grats in advance of the cruise, but can be applied to grats once on the ship?

Possibly, however I don't recall any reports of whether shareholder OBC shows up in the Cruise Planner pre-cruise.

26 minutes ago, zuggie said:

Anyhow, under #7 on the Royal site, I quote verbatim:  "Onboard credit may not be used for onboard service charges or pre-purchased activities."   I would assume onboard service charges are the gratuities.  Could this possible mean that SH OBC cannot be used to pre-pay grats in advance of the cruise, but can be applied to grats once on the ship?

That's the question -- what does that mean?  The program is new for bookings after 1 June, so we really need to hear back from folks that have cruised under the new Shareholder program.   Could the onboard service charges equal the 20% gratuity on drinks/spa treatments or just the normal gratuities?   I think we need further clarification.   🍷

15 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

That's the question -- what does that mean?  The program is new for bookings after 1 June, so we really need to hear back from folks that have cruised under the new Shareholder program.   Could the onboard service charges equal the 20% gratuity on drinks/spa treatments or just the normal gratuities?   I think we need further clarification.   🍷

I really think we would have heard if there was any OBC that could not be used for onboard gratuities.

15 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I really think we would have heard if there was any OBC that could not be used for onboard gratuities.

The program is only 2 months old, so it would have to be someone who booked a last minute cruise and knew about the new program.  We'll just have to wait & see and have someone report back.  🍷

5 hours ago, Wine-O said:

The program is only 2 months old, so it would have to be someone who booked a last minute cruise and knew about the new program.  We'll just have to wait & see and have someone report back.  🍷

We booked June 17th, and sail Sept. 16th, so we are candidates on the "wait and see and report back" crew 🙂

5 hours ago, Wine-O said:

We will let you know...we booked June 17th and sail Sept. 16th, we have TA OBC, and are shareholders, so we will find out in 5 weeks and report back...

I am in the described category.

1. My SH OBC appeared for use in the Cruise Planner.

2. I used the OBC through my Cruise Planner.

3.  I used the OBC on board for my automatic gratuities.

It is, like any other OBC, just a credit on your SeaPass account, which does not know what you are spending.  It's just a numerical credit, against which any and all charges are debited.

Mystery solved!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

It is, like any other OBC, just a credit on your SeaPass account, which does not know what you are spending.  It's just a numerical credit, against which any and all charges are debited.

Mystery solved!

Thank you for this valuable information. I was wondering specifically, if I have a $75 OBC from my TA, and a $50 from my Share Holdings, will I be able to "stack" them, meaning will I have $125 OBC once on board? Thanks in advance for your advice!

19 hours ago, robandana said:

I booked my cruise June 17th through my TA, who gave me a $75 OBC. I have 100 shares RCCL Stock, which pays $50. Will I be able to get $125 OBC? Thanks in advance for your help 🙂

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

Mystery solved!

Now quite.  That's good to know that the SH OBC appears for use in the Cruise Planner.  

You said you used the OBC through your Cruise Planner?  Was that the SH OBC? I suspect it was.

If you used  OBC for  on board for gratuities, I suspect it was not SH OBC but it was probably the other, i.e. RCL non refundable (which can be used for gratuities), or TA OBC.

There are different types of OBC.  SH OBC (non-refundable), RCL non-refundable OBC (for whatever), and TA fully refundable OBC.  The TA fully refundable is the last OBC that is deducted from your onboard account.  My guess is you used the SH OBC first thru the cruise planner, then the RCL non-refundable OBC, then the TA refundable OBC, in that order for gratuities.

So the question still remains, if you only have $250 SH OBC and TA refundable OBC, and then make no other purchases on board, will the SH OBC be deducted first for gratuities, then the remainder TA OBC deducted after that, or will you lose the non-refundable SH OBC, because you can't use it for gratuities?

There are still a lot of questions out there.  Could you find them out and let us know?  🍷

14 minutes ago, LUVINMYHUBS said:

I booked my cruise June 17th through my TA, who gave me a $75 OBC. I have 100 shares RCCL Stock, which pays $50. Will I be able to get $125 OBC? Thanks in advance for your help 🙂

Yes, you will get $125 OBC.  But the question remains, can you use the Stock $50 OBC for gratuities.  You can definitely use the TA $75 OBC for gratuities.  🍷

1 hour ago, LUVINMYHUBS said:

Yes, you will get $125 OBC.