Summit internet

bobrxlex

Not sure about the daily rate.  We have been on the Summit 3 times with internet pre revolutionizing.  I would say MLB would be hit or miss.  I have been able to use slingbox, but it buffers quite often.  At other time it will be fine.

I am hoping that they upgraded during the drydock.  We will be on Summit in a couple weeks and would like to use either slingbox or mlb for the Mets games.  I try to get the replays when we get back to the room at night.

I can't say for certain, but I don't believe you can buy daily internet on Celebrity.  (Most cruise lines are moving away from minute-plans and offering some form of unlimited internet.) 

We'll be sailing on the Summit next month, and our Cruise Planner shows two internet packages for sale: Surf and Unlimited.   Only the latter, which is more expensive, says it allows streaming.  (The Surf package specifically says it does not.)

I hope this is helpful.

Thanks Turtles I will also be on summit next month (sept 8  and im trying to decide if I should get one of the internet packages. I figure there will be a lot of free time on sea days.  Might go with surf package but ill decide later.

40 minutes ago, bobrxlex said:

Thanks Turtles I will also be on summit next month (sept 8  and im trying to decide if I should get one of the internet packages. I figure there will be a lot of free time on sea days.  Might go with surf package but ill decide later.

I should have recognized your name from the Roll Call, we’re on that cruise too!  Just four weeks to go! 

we had the wifi included. it was sketchy and kept bouncing us out and had to re-sign in, a whole process, even though phone settings showed connected to celebrity wifi. to answer your question - I don;t believe one day is offered but thursday or friday when the daily came out they were offering a two day package - don't recall price.

Thanks tplusthree, did you have the surf package or the complete xcelerate (streaming) package? Could you use it all thru the ship.  I guess it doesn't sound like its good enough to stream any videos and do you think its worth 179/302 to buy