Preregistering/Booking For September 2021

janny444

51 minutes ago, Manx buoy said:

I think they’ll be struggling to fill Iona 1 so the less options available to cruisers the better for them maybe

Well do you have any proof they are struggling. I would suggest the opposite we are booked on her in March 21. All suites are gone and the mini suites are now £1000 more than we paid in April. Also the prices for the Fjords next year are all holding up well with some cruises nearly full. Even I am surprised at this considering the prices they were asking.

As for Oceana, with all the ships filling well for next year and the numbers of people cruising still increasing, she will still be needed until at least the second Iona.

Edited by daiB

1 hour ago, daiB said:

Well do you have any proof they are struggling. I would suggest the opposite we are booked on her in March 21. All suites are gone and the mini suites are now £1000 more than we paid in April. Also the prices for the Fjords next year are all holding up well with some cruises nearly full. Even I am surprised at this considering the prices they were asking.

As for Oceana, with all the ships filling well for next year and the numbers of people cruising still increasing, she will still be needed until at least the second Iona.

Lots of bargains already on offer for Iona though at the lower grades. Also I see Princess are bringing Island Princess back to the UK - a smaller ship for those missing Oriana perhaps?

1 hour ago, Manx buoy said:

No proof dai just guessing have you any proof or is it a special privilege of suite pax that they get insider info on advance bookings something that us mere mortals in insides don’t get told

Since RCI withdrew Indy from the UK next year there is plenty of talk on FB about people booking Iona because it's new and much better priced than Anthem.

44 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Since RCI withdrew Indy from the UK next year there is plenty of talk on FB about people booking Iona because it's new and much better priced than Anthem.

Also I believe only one of Anthem’s cruises goes North next year.

On 8/28/2019 at 11:33 AM, Host Sharon said:

Lots of bargains already on offer for Iona though at the lower grades. Also I see Princess are bringing Island Princess back to the UK - a smaller ship for those missing Oriana perhaps?

Having recently sailed on sister ship Coral Princess, I'm not sure how attractive Island will be to many Oriana pax.  I enjoyed Coral and checked out a Northern Europe cruise on Island but the solo fares were outrageous.  I also later realised that in her last refit, Island Princess was fitted with a number of extra cabins in place of the two-deck high Universe Lounge at the rear of the ship.  That also makes it less attractive imho.  She is slightly bigger than Arcadia and similar in design & decor to Oceana.

58 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

Does anyone know the date for pre-reg on these cruises for Summer 2021

I don’t know the date but your post prompted me to look at a booking I made on launch last year.  That date was 17 September, which would suggest we should be getting the 2021 launch pretty soon.

Can anyone remember how many days we had to look before bookings opened last September?

Edited by eddie11
Typo

On 8/28/2019 at 10:07 AM, daiB said:

But there are plenty of lead-in fares of between £749 - £799 available for next year Dai - which when you consider gratuities are now included is pretty cheap!  I'm not saying it is the case but its no good selling all the suites/mini-suites if you only sell say, 60% of the inside & outside cabins...

4 minutes ago, Britboys said:

But there are plenty of lead-in fares of between £749 - £799 available for next year Dai - which when you consider gratuities are now included is pretty cheap!  I'm not saying it is the case but its no good selling all the suites/mini-suites if you only sell say, 60% of the inside & outside cabins...

Andrew, I agree with you there are a number of fares in the range you quote. In fact the cheapest I have seen is £715 for an inside for a week. It’s a saver so no OBC. However I certainly do not consider £100 pppn to be cheap at all. The select fare for some insides on that cruise are approaching £130 pppn. 

Those prices can not not be considered cheap which is why I maintain that prices are holding up well which means the ship is selling well. 

Now prices for Iona’s winter cruises are cheap, or were at the opening price. But there are special factors in place here namely being restricted but the supply of fuel.

18 hours ago, Manx buoy said:

No proof dai just guessing have you any proof or is it a special privilege of suite pax that they get insider info on advance bookings something that us mere mortals in insides don’t get told

My proof is in the prices of the cruises at the moment. As I have said to Andrew. The lowest price for Iona next summer is £715, for a week on a saver fare. That is not cheap.

You don’t need special privilege to be able to read and understand the facts which are out there for all to see.

On 8/15/2019 at 3:25 PM, daiB said:

Bit slow there Jean we booked a back to back on Iona when the cruises came out. They have gone up since then. Grabbed a suite, they all went very quickly.

🙂

Hi Dai, How are you?

Which suite have you booked on Iona for 2021, if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers Elaine

Edited by Balernocalling

3 minutes ago, Balernocalling said:

Hi Dai, How are you?

Which suite have you booked on Iona for 2021, if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers Elaine

Hi Elaine,

Cant remember the number aswe are away but it is on deck 9 starboard corner at the stern. Are you going on her in March 21.

Dai

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 5:33 PM, Manx buoy said:

A little bird told us a while ago Azura to the Med and bye bye Oceana watch out for the emergency dry docking for urgent repairs aka a survey just saying ..............

Oceana is scheduled a dry dock in Dubai in November 2020. I wondered if the ship might become adults only but given I now know a number of families who have rebooked cancelled Middle East cruises for Christmas 2020, this seems unlikely.

The TA website was showing Oceana to return to Dubai in October 2021 and back to Southampton in March/April 2022. It also showed Azura back to the Caribbean in October 2021 and back to Valletta in March 2022.

1 hour ago, daiB said:

Andrew, I agree with you there are a number of fares in the range you quote. In fact the cheapest I have seen is £715 for an inside for a week. It’s a saver so no OBC. However I certainly do not consider £100 pppn to be cheap at all. The select fare for some insides on that cruise are approaching £130 pppn. 

Those prices can not not be considered cheap which is why I maintain that prices are holding up well which means the ship is selling well. 

Now prices for Iona’s winter cruises are cheap, or were at the opening price. But there are special factors in place here namely being restricted but the supply of fuel.

We will have to agree to disagree then Dai.  I think £700 - £800 including grats is cheap.  We also have to remember that in the past, Saver fares were never offered this far ahead.

18 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Oceana is scheduled a dry dock in Dubai in November 2020. I wondered if the ship might become adults only but given I now know a number of families who have rebooked cancelled Middle East cruises for Christmas 2020, this seems unlikely...

I don't think Oceana will go adult only but having passengers booked sadly does not seem to have stopped P&O doing this in the recent past.  If I recall rightly, some families were cancelled when both Oriana and then Aurora were made Adult-only.  They also sold off Adonia & Oriana (& maybe Artemis?) when people already had cruises booked on them.

I have thought for a long time that Oceana will be the next to leave the fleet and will be very surprised if she doesn't leave by 2022.

24 minutes ago, Britboys said:

We will have to agree to disagree then Dai.  I think £700 - £800 including grats is cheap.  We also have to remember that in the past, Saver fares were never offered this far ahead.

Tips would only be £49 so that is still £100 pppn. Sorry saver fares have always been available early.

2 hours ago, daiB said:

Hi Elaine,

Cant remember the number aswe are away but it is on deck 9 starboard corner at the stern. Are you going on her in March 21.

Dai

No Dai. We are on the Maiden. Never been on a Maiden Voyage so something new. We are in the aft corner on deck 11  740.

Roll on May! Celebrating a big birthday too on board!!

Cheers