Preregistering/Booking For September 2021

janny444

5 hours ago, daiB said:

My proof is in the prices of the cruises at the moment. As I have said to Andrew. The lowest price for Iona next summer is £715, for a week on a saver fare. That is not cheap.

You don’t need special privilege to be able to read and understand the facts which are out there for all to see.

Just an aside Dai, we booked back to back on Iona for November/December next year, both early savers, inside cabins. 

Only booked them as they were a very cheap way to try the new ship.

The 14 night Spain etc has crept up very slightly in price, but the 7 night Christmas markets cruise has almost doubled...

Supply and demand always wins.

Andy

1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

Just an aside Dai, we booked back to back on Iona for November/December next year, both early savers, inside cabins. 

Only booked them as they were a very cheap way to try the new ship.

The 14 night Spain etc has crept up very slightly in price, but the 7 night Christmas markets cruise has almost doubled...

Supply and demand always wins.

Andy

As I would expect. The cruises from middle of November to just before Christmas are always a hard sell and therefore can be a lot cheaper. Especially those ex UK.

Many people have events leading up to Christmas resulting in the demand for cruises being low. I have 4/5 do’s and my wife possibly double that.

9 minutes ago, daiB said:

As I would expect. The cruises from middle of November to just before Christmas are always a hard sell and therefore can be a lot cheaper. Especially those ex UK.

Many people have events leading up to Christmas resulting in the demand for cruises being low. I have 4/5 do’s and my wife possibly double that.

I too have loads of do's, hence why the 3 weeks away...😀

£719 for 2 weeks was the draw.

Andy

On 8/15/2019 at 7:38 PM, AndyMichelle said:

The 14 nights is Spain inc Barcelona, Gibraltar & Portugal, the 7 nights is Christmas Markets to Hamburg, Brugge etc.

I wouldn't care if it was a trip around the Isle of Wight for them prices...

Just looking forward to new experiences.

Andy

We did 3 Christmas Market cruises in our pre-parenting days including the first ever by P&O back in 2005. Loved them all. Enjoy!

6 hours ago, DamianG said:

We did 3 Christmas Market cruises in our pre-parenting days including the first ever by P&O back in 2005. Loved them all. Enjoy!

Thanks Damian, I am sure we will.

We did Xmas markets on Aurora last year and had a fantastic time.

Andy

Well have just got back from our cruise on Celebrity EDGE and were commenting that we will be moving from one large beauty to a small one (Oceana) next August. So sad to see some of the comments on here re her being sold (possibly) but have been thinking that they would make her an adults only ship. It will be a sad day id she leaves.

In Athens last week an sure we saw Oriana in dock when we sailed out …...

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Her new name is Pianoland - painted on the side 😞

It was definitely a former P&O ship due to the colours and we could make our that the emblem on the single funnel had been painted out. Think we could make out what it used to say. Could not make out the name on the side but there was no flag ---- pretty sure it was Oriana. Will try to find photos and post to see what others think. Not sure why she was in Athens' dock

5 hours ago, Presto2 said:

It was definitely a former P&O ship due to the colours and we could make our that the emblem on the single funnel had been painted out. Think we could make out what it used to say. Could not make out the name on the side but there was no flag ---- pretty sure it was Oriana. Will try to find photos and post to see what others think. Not sure why she was in Athens' dock

Yes, it would have been Piano Land (Oriana).  She arrived in Piraeus on the 23rd August before heading to Port Said, where she was on the 29th.   Now on her way again, and due to arrive in Colombo on the 9th September.

Just to check if anyone has any news re the release of itineraries for P&O. I can understand it being late with them having to sort out Oceana's new cruises. Have to say, considering she may be the next ship to leave the fleet I am surprised how quickly some of her cruises have filled up !

Someone has mentioned that she will do the Canary Islands in 2021 - does anyone know if this will be in the Summer holidays?

Thanks

On 8/29/2019 at 1:57 PM, Britboys said:

I don't think Oceana will go adult only but having passengers booked sadly does not seem to have stopped P&O doing this in the recent past.  If I recall rightly, some families were cancelled when both Oriana and then Aurora were made Adult-only.  They also sold off Adonia & Oriana (& maybe Artemis?) when people already had cruises booked on them.

I have thought for a long time that Oceana will be the next to leave the fleet and will be very surprised if she doesn't leave by 2022.

I am fairly certain that was not the case with Artemis - the farewell cruise was released well in advance.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Just to check if anyone has any news re the release of itineraries for P&O. I can understand it being late with them having to sort out Oceana's new cruises. Have to say, considering she may be the next ship to leave the fleet I am surprised how quickly some of her cruises have filled up !

Someone has mentioned that she will do the Canary Islands in 2021 - does anyone know if this will be in the Summer holidays?

Thanks

Judging by the increase in marketing emails and items in the post from P&O trying to flog the "old" cruises over the last couple of weeks, I'm sure that the release of the new ones can't be far away.

Edited by jh1809
better wording
  • Thanks 1

On 9/7/2019 at 1:51 PM, tring said:

I am fairly certain that was not the case with Artemis - the farewell cruise was released well in advance.

Thanks for clarifying that - I couldn't remember what happened when Artemis was sold on.

On 9/7/2019 at 12:42 PM, Presto2 said:

Thanks

According 2 a FB post 14 Oct 4 registering interest 21 Oct on sale

• Thanks 1

Already far, far behind Princess.

I booked with them for Oct 2021 on their “book for £1” day , ?14 August? (having checked that the £1 is the only obligation; cancellation, at this early stage, costs just £1) but was expecting to see the P&O alternatives within a couple of weeks.

However, there’s always an upside.  We’ll be onboard on 21 October, so maybe some extra OBC?

2 hours ago, eddie11 said:

Already far, far behind Princess.

I booked with them for Oct 2021 on their “book for £1” day , ?14 August? (having checked that the £1 is the only obligation; cancellation, at this early stage, costs just £1) but was expecting to see the P&O alternatives within a couple of weeks.

However, there’s always an upside.  We’ll be onboard on 21 October, so maybe some extra OBC?

You might want to check your booking confirmation. I booked under the same offer and my confirmation says that early cancellation is 10% of total cost!

2 hours ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

I hope they make some changes to Azura's itineraries because they are really lacking diversity to the port of calls. Oceana's itineraries for 2020 are better than Azura's 2021 ones.

I really don't understand why P&O just have one ship in the Med. as a fly cruise as TUI have more and good itineraries. Surely it would be a good move to put 2 ships in the Med - one adults only (Oceana) and one for families (Azura). If they put Oceana as a fly cruise like they used to (Genoa to Venice) that didn't keep going back to Malta every 7 days and it was adults only I actually think we would be happy to pay more !!!!!

Just me typing aloud !

Why not base in Naples ? Imagine the places they could visit from there. Is it just me thinking they are missing a trick?

PS Where has Kotor gone? One of the most beautiful places on the planet and they don't go there anymore :-(

PPS Have just said to hubby that it is like they have no imagination re any possible new itineraries … ahhh

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

I really don't understand why P&O just have one ship in the Med. as a fly cruise as TUI have more and good itineraries. Surely it would be a good move to put 2 ships in the Med - one adults only (Oceana) and one for families (Azura). If they put Oceana as a fly cruise like they used to (Genoa to Venice) that didn't keep going back to Malta every 7 days and it was adults only I actually think we would be happy to pay more !!!!!

Just me typing aloud !

Why not base in Naples ? Imagine the places they could visit from there. Is it just me thinking they are missing a trick?

PS Where has Kotor gone? One of the most beautiful places on the planet and they don't go there anymore 😞

PPS Have just said to hubby that it is like they have no imagination re any possible new itineraries … ahhh

Azura will call to Kotor 3 times in 2021. But no visit to Ionian islands & Olympia. Also, no Istanbul when most of the other companies will already have returned by 2021. And why always 2 sea days? One should be enough. Oceana has more options in 2020. What's happening with Med and UK companies I don't know. Cunard also will have one itinerary to Med with only Adriatic ports (no Greece). It seems only Marella Cruises is doing a good job with itineraries.

Edited by SummmerInKefalonia