MSC Docking in Venice--Location change announced?

numberguy

Hello everyone,

We're on the November 24, 2019, cruise out of Venice to Italy, Greece, and Montenegro on the MSC Magnifica.  With the announcement in the press that ships will be transferred for embarkation/disembarkation to other locations in Venice, has anyone heard anything about when the transfer for MSC ships might occur?  I know that "by 2020" was mentioned, but just not sure for our cruise.  We haven't heard anything directly from the cruise line; we were just wondering if anyone else had.

--Michael

1 hour ago, sidari said:

September was mentioned but nothing moves that fast in Italy, not even in Venice.

Not even September comes that fast.  'Sept' means seven in Latin, but September doesn't come until the 9th month!  :classic_laugh:

2 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Not even September comes that fast.  'Sept' means seven in Latin, but September doesn't come until the 9th month!  :classic_laugh:

"Aren't we the intelligent one" - ALF.

In the ancient Roman calendar, each month had an Ides. In March, May, July, and October, the Ides fell on the 15th day, In every other month, the Ides fell on the 13th day. The word Ides derives from a Latin word, meaning to divide.

And for those that didn't get the fact that my earlier post was a joke, I am aware that September got pushed two months back because Julius and Augustus Caesar had extra months named after them.

But none of this diversion changes the fact that 2019 cruises will continue to call on Venice as scheduled.

Cruise passengers should check with their cruise company to verify what calendar they are using Gregorian or Julian. Don't want to miss the boat do we.🍻

Disclaimer: For all those poltical correct serious folks, this is a joke (or at least an attempt). If you got stressed out, anxeity attacks etc. cancel cruise and check into rehab.

• Haha 1

On 8/11/2019 at 11:24 AM, Essiesmom said:

Nothing has been decided yet, so far it is still a lot of posturing.  I would not worry about it. 

https://www.thelocal.it/20190810/no-venice-isnt-about-to-ban-cruise-ships-from-its-lagoon

EM

Thank you for this article.  I wasn't panicked, but was just wondering what might happen.  I'm just waiting to hear from MSC...

--Michael