Room across from laundry???

miami mama

We have ended up with a room on deck 5 across from the laundry door. Previously we have stayed on deck 4 and the door is located at a different end of the laundry than that on deck 5. Has anyone stayed in a room directly across from the laundry door, and if so, were you bothered by any noise such as the door opening and closing or anyone congregating outside the door?

Thanking you in advance.

While we didn't stay in a room across from the laundry, (though I did spend some time in the 5th floor laundry) I can tell you that there shouldn't be any congregating, and the rooms are quite well insulated from sounds in the hallways.
I also recall reading a post many months ago from someone who DID stay in a room across from the laundry, saying that they were not affected by noise from it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On the last morning of our first Viking cruise, we were busily getting ready to head up to breakfast before vacating our cabin. It was quiet in our cabin and it was early so we were trying not to be noisy. From the lack of noise that we heard coming through the door, we thought that nobody was about. We were so wrong. I had never seen the hallway so busy. People heading off the ship or off to breakfast or back to their cabins and the cabin stewards already starting the business of turning over the cabins and of bidding good-by to the passengers. It was not quiet in the hallway but it sure sounded that way from our cabin --and it has been that way on all of our subsequent cruises.

Hi Peregrina.  Noticed you are from Boston.  Care to share your fave North End restaurant?  One of our upcoming stops on Sun is Boston.  We have been there a number of times and love visits to Boston but nothing like local knowledge.🍸

We were directly across from the laundry on a Crystal cruise and were worried about the same issues.  There were no problems and in fact we liked it because I could just cross the hallway and iron something if I wanted.  Cruisers just put their wash in and leave.  We never heard a sound for the 16 day cruise.

We were almost directly across from the laundry room on the Viking Sky for the infamous Northern Lights Cruise.  We had no issues whatsoever with noise, or people congregating there.  I would stay in that room again, as it was centrally located, quiet, and comfortable.    JohnEB2

We recently completed two weeks on the Viking Jupiter, directly across from the laundry room. Only a couple of times were we aware of activity. And, then it was only momentary and non-intrusive.  It was a good location for meeting fellow travellers.

We too have been either directly across or one room over from the laundry and found it quiet. In fact on our upcoming Bali to Sydney trip in December, I purpousely booked a room right by the laundry. It is great to be able to just pop into the laundry room with your stuff and if it is full, you just quickly put your laundry back in your room and try again later. No having to drag your laundry a long way there and back if it is full. Simple pleasures 😉

On 8/12/2019 at 11:27 AM, TravlingGato said:

We recently completed two weeks on the Viking Jupiter, directly across from the laundry room. Only a couple of times were we aware of activity. And, then it was only momentary and non-intrusive.  It was a good location for meeting fellow travellers.

Agreed!  The Laundry Room was definitely great for meeting fellow passengers!

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 8/11/2019 at 6:48 PM, Jim Avery said:

We stayed in 4046.  In 120 days no noise at all.😎

OMG... I finally found the search bar! And when I put my cabin number (4046) in for my July cruise to Norway, Faroe Islands, and Iceland this post popped up!

I'll be on the Jupiter but staying in 'your' room!

I feel so special! How exciting! 

Doesn't take much to excite a person these days I guess!  🤣

Edited by Liz Masterson
typo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1