How to talk nicely with Aussies and Kiwis?

If you come across a tough crowd you could always break the ice with "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie". Somebody will normally provide the appropriate response.  

If not, you might be in NZ or maybe the waiting room of an Audiology clinic.

Oh and remember, if you are using the abreviation for New Zealand it's not En Zee, it's pronounced En Zed or if going to the South Island, UnZud.

Fantastic education I'm getting here! If I should happen to run into any dropbears I'll do my best to tame them with Vegemite treats.

OskarNZ, thanks for that link. That's such a clear and well-done explanation. I'm going to post the link on the roll call for my trip, so we can all benefit from it. 

• Like 1

Don't want to scare the visitors off, but reports overnight from Nth Qld of a goanna killing a dog & injuring it's owners. Need to say, that it is a very rare event, almost as rare as a dropbear attack or a Scot shouting a round

27 minutes ago, IslandThyme said:

No worries there!

'No worries' a good Aussie term.    You have probably realised by now,  some of us on here are a 'little cuckoo.'  🤣

Edited by NSWP

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

'No worries' a good Aussie term.    You have probably realised by now,  some of us on here are a 'little cuckoo.'  🤣

“A little” talk for yourself, some of us are full blown.....

18 hours ago, beatleman said:

I thought that mentioning Dropbears in CC threads had been banned after one scared a US tourist in George St last year. However good point Brian, reward yourself with a Vegemite Sanger.😁

She'll be safe in NZ,they are eradicating all introduced species.I was wondering how far down the list are the £10 Poms.

4 hours ago, brian1 said:

She'll be safe in NZ,they are eradicating all introduced species.I was wondering how far down the list are the £10 Poms.

Well down indeed, they are now called "South Sea Poms"are you thinking of migrating again Brian?😂

12 minutes ago, beatleman said:

Well down indeed, they are now called "South Sea Poms"are you thinking of migrating again Brian?😂

Too close to the end of the planet for me,lol.

Edited by brian1

On 8/16/2019 at 9:06 PM, Docker123 said:

You don’t actually fall off the edge in NZ.

It only feels like it.

Too many quakes there, then you could fall over the edge when the 'big one' hits.