Gift cards from AARP

gochina

These gift cards are now also available on Allstate Rewards...you DO NOT need to have their insurance but have to sign up for the rewards program...you "mainly" collect points with promo codes, I signed up about 3 or 4 months ago and have already redeemed for 2 $500 Carnival gift cards to try out the new Mardi Gras when she sails and still have 125K points at the moment.

For those interested, check out this CC link for info., link to sign up & MANY promo codes shared by others, you can go to about page 40 if you don't care to read whole the thread...Happy cruise savings :classic_wink:

Edited by TLC535

12 hours ago, camper49 said:

What would happen if you used gc’s to pay for your cruise & had to cancel your cruise? I would assume before final payment it would be refunded with a GC ? If after final payment & u had to file an insurance claim I assume they would send a check?

I consulted with my 3rd party insurance.  What I understood was that I should keep a paper trail to prove I actually paid for the cards, as insurance generally will not cover gifted cards; insure the discounted value rather than the dollar amount being paid, such as the $2700 I paid and not the $3000 balance due Princess.

I apply the cards at final payment and would only cancel for insurance-covefed reasons, so I don't know if Princess refunds by check or gift cards.

I would get answers from Princess and one's travel insurer.

On 8/12/2019 at 3:16 PM, Italy52 said:

For a Christmas present, our daughter purchased a Princess gift card for us to use during our June Alaska cruise.  Tried to use it on the cruise as OBC and was told by a Guest Services agent that we would have to wait until all of our OBC was used up and then we could apply the gift card.  Not sure if anyone else had that same problem.  What a pain.  We kept the gift card and applied it to another cruise as partial payment when we got home -- no problem using it that time.  Don't know if you would run into the same problem using an AARP Princess gift card but just wanted to pass along our experience just in case you were going to use it for OBC.

We purchased gift cards when they had the Mother's Day special with bonus cards.  I called my TA and had her apply the bonus cards ($200) to my OBC on my upcoming cruise.  No problem whatsoever doing so.

I just logged into my AARP rewards account and the Princess gift cards are no longer there (saw them yesterday).  There is a box to check for Princess but when you do it says 'no deals found"  Guess they were so popular that they sold out already!

23 minutes ago, marden1970 said:

I just logged into my AARP rewards account and the Princess gift cards are no longer there (saw them yesterday).  There is a box to check for Princess but when you do it says 'no deals found"  Guess they were so popular that they sold out already!

There was a thread about the new gift cards on AARP last week.  I already cashed in my points and received the cards Monday.  They were delivered UPS and required a signature, which was kind of a hassle since I wasn't home.  But nonetheless, very happy to have the heads up since AARP is transitioning their point program and the old points need to be used up before the new program kicks off in September.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2019 at 4:00 PM, Tak8 said:

Voljeep:  Normally its 2x fuel points, but I wait for the 4x fuel points so that gets me 2000 points. That equals a dollar off a tank of gas 2x.

Thanks for this information.  I didn’t know that Kroger had Princess gift cards!  Our Kroger has the 4x deal this weekend.  We plan to get gift cards on Sunday so they will be gas credits for September.  Will save us a bunch of money on gas.  Love it!

Curious about terms and conditions?  Do they expire?

Any hints of how you use them?  What quantity to buy?  All $100s?

Our cruise is paid in full and there is some OBC?  Kinda of hesitate to buy 14700 points worth?

What to do??  Advice is welcome.

On 8/30/2019 at 9:12 AM, happy cruzer said:

Curious about terms and conditions?  Do they expire?  See below

Any hints of how you use them?  What quantity to buy?  All $100s?  $100 and $500 available, buy what you need

Our cruise is paid in full and there is some OBC?  Kinda of hesitate to buy 14700 points worth?  AARP points will be expiring in about 3 weeks so you better spend them on something before then

What to do??  Advice is welcome.

Terms and conditions per Princess website:

Terms & Conditions

Introduction
Princess® offers closed loop prepaid cards (“Gift Cards”) for purchase. This document contains the full set of terms of use governing your use of the Gift Card. As used below, the term “Standard Gift Card” means a Gift Card purchased by a customer, and the term “Promotional Gift Card” means a Gift Card that is provided without charge as a part of a marketing, sales, booking or similar promotion or loyalty program.

We recommend that you read this document carefully before using the Gift Card.  If you have any questions or would like more information about your Gift Card, you can call us toll free at the number below.

General Description
Standard Gift Cards have no expiration date. Promotional Gift Cards may carry an expiration date which will be printed on the Promotional Gift Card.

Gift Cards do not incur any dormancy fees for non-use.

Gift Cards are not credit, debit, or charge cards, and have no implied warranties.

Princess® does not accept responsibility for lost, damaged or stolen Gift Cards, or any unauthorized use of Gift Cards.

Gift Cards have no value until activated at time of purchase, and Gift Cards will not be activated until payment is verified.  Gift Cards will be activated when delivered, and will be active upon receipt by the customer.

Gift Cards cannot be reloaded, meaning funds may not be added to Gift Cards after activation.

Once activated, Gift Cards may not be resold; resale or attempted resale is grounds for seizure and cancellation of the Gift Card without compensation.

Gift Cards are not refundable or redeemable for cash, except where required by law.

Princess® may refuse, cancel or hold for review Gift Cards and Gift Card orders in cases where it suspects fraud, mistake, alteration, issuance in an incorrect denomination, or violations of law, policies or these Terms and Conditions.

Gift Cards are issued by Princess Cruise Lines, Ltd. Princess® and the issuer reserve the right, and holders or purchasers of a Gift Card agree that, Princess® and the issuer may at any time change these Terms and Conditions, as permitted by law.

These Terms and Conditions and all matters arising out of or relating to the Gift Cards, except as governed by federal law, will be governed by the laws of the State of Florida without giving effect to any choice of law rule.

Redeeming Gift Cards
Gift Cards are only redeemable for purchases onboard Princess’® ships or applied as payment to a Princess® booking. Gift Cards may be redeemed for or on any cruise sold or operated by Princess®. If the Gift Card is redeemed on a Princess® ship where the onboard currency is not based in US Dollars, then the amount of the Gift Card will be converted to the shipboard currency at the foreign exchange rate posted at the Passenger Services Desk.

The price of each transaction paid for by the Gift Card will be debited against the balance or value on the Gift Card. If the price for a transaction is greater than the balance or value on the Gift Card, the purchaser must pay the difference. If the price for a transaction is less than the balance or value on the Gift Card, the unused portion will remain on the Gift Card until it is redeemed and the value of the Gift Card is decreased to zero, at which time the Gift Card will be deactivated.

Gift Cards will not be accepted if the Gift Card number is invalid, the value on the Gift Card is zero, the Gift Card has not been activated, or Gift Card cannot be found within the Princess® Gift Card system.

Additional Information
Customers may contact Princess® with questions or for help with their Gift Cards at giftcardsupport@princesscruises.com.  Princess Gift Card support agents are also available by phone at 1-855-426-0168.

Holders of a Gift Card may check the balance of the Gift Card by visiting www.Princess.com/giftcard or by calling 1-855-426-0168.

Edited by Paula_MacFan
  • Like 1

Funny how I posted that Allstate had Princess cards available and the board mod moved it. Guess she is an AARP member and doesn't use Allstate. Dumb move as art pertained directly to Princess cruisers. Allstate still has 10% off cards available.

3 hours ago, Yehootu said:

Funny how I posted that Allstate had Princess cards available and the board mod moved it. Guess she is an AARP member and doesn't use Allstate. Dumb move as art pertained directly to Princess cruisers. Allstate still has 10% off cards available.

I thought that was weird as well.  With Allstate, if you use drivewise, you can also earn $$ to pay for gift cards.  I just got $300 in cards for $247 and it was thanks to seeing your post before it was moved. So thanks!!!