Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
molsonschooner

Liberty with a child

We are about book Liberty for next May. There will be 4 of us, myself, DW, DS and our 6 year old granddaughter, who has been on Harmony twice and Anthem once. She would spend hours on both the carousel and the lucky climber. LOS has neither of these. She really enjoyed Adventure Ocean on HOS. How does that compare with AO on Liberty. I hope there is enough on Liberty to keep her amused.

DW is somewhat mobility challenged. She will use a scooter as much as possible. Her favourite port is Grand Cayman. That is a tender port. With some effort she will be able to get on/off the tender but it is quite a walk to where you get the excursions vans/ buses or taxi. Are there wheel chairs available

The ship will supply wheel chairs to help the guest get from the ship to the dock, but not beyond. 

DD is 8 and had sailed on Allure and Harmony. We just sailed on Mariner and I was a bit concerned as well since it doesn't have the same level of experiences. She loved the ship and Adventure Ocean! She did the water slides and played in the pools (they didn't have the splash area). We did laser tag as well. She said Adventure Ocean was even more fun than Harmony.