Anyone Booking Europe 2021?

paphoslady

9 hours ago, casofilia said:

@Ken the cruiser

Since there are three 21 day cruises, two 14 day cruises and two 7 day cruises with 3 embarkation ports overlapping with each other, 

Try the Grand Asia Collection (I know it isn't Europe but it is even more complicated than what you wrote).  It is a 28 day cruise from Yokohama to Yokohama with 10 cruises available for booking, 1 x 28; 2 x 21; 3 x 14 and 4 x 7.  There are 4 overlapping ports; Yokohama; Hong Kong; Singapore and then Hong Kong again.

I just rechecked and there were actually 11 itineraries that overlapped the 21 day Med cruise we are looking at. Luckily we found about 5 sets of cabins that were still available on the three 7 day leg segments that make up our 21 day cruise. Hopefully, at least 2 of those sets are still available when our TA contacts Princess this morning to book them as a 21 day cruise as we really don't want to pay an additional $600 pp to book the 3 legs separately. Fingers crossed ...

1 hour ago, PoohUnderstands said:

I still can't get pricing for my european cruises!  So I called Princess and asked.  Went to booking prompt.  I got right in and was able to book with the rep.  She told me online wouldn't be available to US under elites until 9am Pacific time.  But she was able to book me.  I want to see what is available so just did a courtesy hold.  I got the last WS on the Grand for the cruise I wanted!!!  All the others were already booked!  Not pleased with the smallest of the WS's, but at least I got a WS!!!!

On another one, I wanted a M1(CC mini) and there were still many available as was the suites.  So maybe you guys will have better luck once booking opens up or call now!

Oh, and no promotions available not even Captains Circle Launch Savings at this time.  10%pp deposit is refundable.  Wish we had the deposit the British have today, but then they can't rebook/refare with no penalty. Definitely will need a sale as the prices are a little mind blowing!!

Pooh

No wonder I haven't heard from my TA yet.  I didn't realize we were working with Pacific time.....the wait continues!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

No wonder I haven't heard from my TA yet.  I didn't realize we were working with Pacific time.....the wait continues!

30 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

why wait.  Call Princess and book cabin you want and then transfer to your TA.  TA should also be able to call instead of waiting to do it on line.

Edited by coo359a2

6 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

why wait.  Call Princess and book cabin you want and then transfer to your TA.  TA should also be able to call instead of waiting to do it on line.

I was able to call and book for a client at 6 am Pacific time this morning. It was already in the TA system at that time, too. I agree, don’t wait. 

Edited by idahospud

1 hour ago, PoohUnderstands said:

I still can't get pricing for my european cruises!  So I called Princess and asked.  Went to booking prompt.  I got right in and was able to book with the rep.  She told me online wouldn't be available to US under elites until 9am Pacific time.  But she was able to book me.  I want to see what is available so just did a courtesy hold.  I got the last WS on the Grand for the cruise I wanted!!!  All the others were already booked!  Not pleased with the smallest of the WS's, but at least I got a WS!!!!

On another one, I wanted a M1(CC mini) and there were still many available as was the suites.  So maybe you guys will have better luck once booking opens up or call now!

Oh, and no promotions available not even Captains Circle Launch Savings at this time.  10%pp deposit is refundable.  Wish we had the deposit the British have today, but then they can't rebook/refare with no penalty. Definitely will need a sale as the prices are a little mind blowing!!

Pooh

I agree the prices seem very high... I just hope they will have a sale while there are still some mini suites (ME) still available so we can get a refund.... There aren't that many of them on the Crown, so I am keeping my fingers crossed!  But at least we got the cabin and sailing we wanted!

SUCCESS...TA 11/4/2021 on Enchanted Princess is booked.  I've been working with my travel agent non-stop the last few days; she let me know yesterday that all the aft-facing cabins are guarantees so I wasn't comfortable trying to do it online.  She is the best so I waited a bit and got word from her about 45 minutes ago that we're booked.  Disappointed that there's no promos...will need to be vigilant to find something when it's offered.

We've not done a TA yet so this will be a new experience.

HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY 😍.

Good luck to everyone...hope you get what you're looking for.

37 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

SUCCESS...TA 11/4/2021 on Enchanted Princess is booked.  I've been working with my travel agent non-stop the last few days; she let me know yesterday that all the aft-facing cabins are guarantees so I wasn't comfortable trying to do it online.  She is the best so I waited a bit and got word from her about 45 minutes ago that we're booked.  Disappointed that there's no promos...will need to be vigilant to find something when it's offered.

HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY 😍.

Just booked this cruise as well and will be watching for any "sales" to reduce the price as time goes on.

16 minutes ago, Wichard said:

Just booked this cruise as well and will be watching for any "sales" to reduce the price as time goes on.

See you on board!!!!  We've already looked into Rome hotels and making plans to visit Positano from Genoa.  Yes, we are huge planners.  Lots to do in the next 814 days...…….

4 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I just rechecked and there were actually 11 itineraries that overlapped the 21 day Med cruise we are looking at. Luckily we found about 5 sets of cabins that were still available on the three 7 day leg segments that make up our 21 day cruise. Hopefully, at least 2 of those sets are still available when our TA contacts Princess this morning to book them as a 21 day cruise as we really don't want to pay an additional $600 pp to book the 3 legs separately. Fingers crossed ...

Success! Our TA was able to get Princess to link 2 CC cabins available on all three 7 day itineraries with the 21 day pricing. Yea!!

On 8/13/2019 at 10:49 AM, cruisequeen4ever said:

At first glance, the 2021 itineraries weren’t of particular interest to me, but I do need to take a closer look to be sure. Summer Europe is a highlight of the year for me, so I hope there’s something that will be interesting to DH and I, or we may need to move on to Asia that year. 

Yes, we were disappointed in Itineraries. Didn’t see anything new. Same cruises, different ships. We wanted to use up a FCC, but couldn’t find anything new. 

11 hours ago, lola2013 said:

See you on board!!!!  We've already looked into Rome hotels and making plans to visit Positano from Genoa.  Yes, we are huge planners.  Lots to do in the next 814 days...…….

Positano, Italy is about 470 miles from Genoa. Not something you could do on a stop from Genoa.  Did you mean Portofino?

On 8/13/2019 at 7:46 PM, coo359a2 said:

image.thumb.png.d6ef38d1a0a16a44a61745b344e25fa8.png

This is the only one I found around 1 May.  Use this web site for Princess which uses the old format for searching for cruises.  Hope it works as copied.  After this opens, click on the refine search button again

https://www.princess.com/find/searchResults.do

image.thumb.png.d6ef38d1a0a16a44a61745b344e25fa8.png

image.png

I am looking at a potential BI cruise in this time period.  Not so much this one.  Trying to get some ideas of disemabrking in Le Havre, as opposed to Southampton.  Am I in the right place to pick some brains?

I was totally surprised that bookings were available so early.  I went ahead and booked the 16 day T/A on the Enchanted Princess.  I splurged (belated retirement present to myself) and booked a Sky Suite.  It’s a long way off and DW has back surgery to go through next year, but for now we are booked......😊😊😊

Bob

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lola2013 said:

HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY 😍.

Once you do one T/A, you’ll be hooked.....😊😊😊

Bob

9 hours ago, whatcruiseisnext said:

Positano, Italy is about 470 miles from Genoa. Not something you could do on a stop from Genoa.  Did you mean Portofino?

I sure did...oops!  We visited Positano recently on our Jewel of the Seas cruise.  You're correct...Portofino it is!  

• Like 1

We usually sail on P&O out of Southampton and it is generally best to book around release time as prices tend to only rise after then. We're thinking of booking a 2021 cruise on Princess and would like to know whether it's also normally best to book on release?

7 hours ago, kenhem said:

We usually sail on P&O out of Southampton and it is generally best to book around release time as prices tend to only rise after then. We're thinking of booking a 2021 cruise on Princess and would like to know whether it's also normally best to book on release?

No, cruises I booked at release 2019 last year have been reduced considerably and the only way to get the reduced fares is to pay the £50 percent per person change fee. They have reduced so much it is worth it. If you want a window suite of which there are few it might be worth it I will not do it again. I agree it is better to book early on p&o especially the Arcadia cruises, not so much the more repetitive cruises. 

But you want a one off princess cruise that is unique than it might be worth it. 

In America they book at release and every time the price goes down they can re rate it. 

Edited by Gettingwarmer

15 hours ago, Gettingwarmer said:

No, cruises I booked at release 2019 last year have been reduced considerably and the only way to get the reduced fares is to pay the £50 percent per person change fee. They have reduced so much it is worth it. If you want a window suite of which there are few it might be worth it I will not do it again. I agree it is better to book early on p&o especially the Arcadia cruises, not so much the more repetitive cruises. 

But you want a one off princess cruise that is unique than it might be worth it. 

In America they book at release and every time the price goes down they can re rate it. 

Thanks for your advice.  I'll hold off booking and keep an eye on the prices.

On 8/13/2019 at 6:35 AM, crows nest club said:

We've just booked a Window Suite on  the Grand to the Med for 14 nights which is cheaper than our Club Class Mini Suite next year. All suite benefits. 

Good for your.  Great deal

On 8/13/2019 at 8:50 AM, Britboys said:

I looked at a 10-night "Oktoberfest" in September but going solo it was over £2400 so will pass on that.  One of my cruising buddies might be interested but we will wait and see what happens a bit closer to the time.  I hate booking things two years ahead!

I just booked this for hubby and I. 

10 hours ago, Grammyluvs said:

Disappointed in the 2021 sailing itinerary to Norway. The itinerary is very limited and doesn’t include the ports I’m interested in. 

Always Princess has very limited itineraries and ports. Just look at the Med itineraries to see how little options there are: One ship, the Enchanted Princess, and three 7-day cruises only that can combined up to 21-day. And Princess knows the issue but doesn't bother to fix this.