Oceana Winter Cruises

bee-ess

7 hours ago, happy v said:

I don't mind cold but it could be wet and miserable. Just like home.🙂

True, when I booked it ( it was only 4 nights) I thought I’d just treat it as a relaxing break as I was aware we might not even get into Amsterdam ( in the days when it docked right in the city!) But we did get in and had a brilliant tour in Ypres from Zeebrugge.

6 hours ago, pete14 said:

The 14 night Atlantic Coast Iberia Cruise seems a bit odd. I can see 10 nights but 14 nights seems long unless it ventures into the Mediterranean and maybe calls at ports not in Iberia. I guess I’ll have to wait to find out the ports of call. 

Iona is doing 14 nights to Iberia, it’s going right round to Barcelona.

6 hours ago, happy v said:

Well done Kruzseeka. I think we will definitely book one.

The Caribbean sounds good but too close to christmas.

Maybe a repositioning.

Mirrors our thinking too - we'll wait for further details and prices of course(!) then make a decision.  Keep us posted! 😉

10 hours ago, pete14 said:

The 14 night Atlantic Coast Iberia Cruise seems a bit odd. I can see 10 nights but 14 nights seems long unless it ventures into the Mediterranean and maybe calls at ports not in Iberia. I guess I’ll have to wait to find out the ports of call. 

Iberia does stretch round to Barcelona, and we are on a 12 nt cruise on Azura next year which has the same title and includes Cartagena and Malaga.

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Iberia does stretch round to Barcelona, and we are on a 12 nt cruise on Azura next year which has the same title and includes Cartagena and Malaga.

As I mentioned above these cruises are the same as those of Iona after New Year in 2021 and indeed the back to back we did on Ventura earlier this year. 

The lack of diversity of cruises just shows the lack of available destinations from the U.K. in the winter. It is no coincidence that nearly all cruise lines leave Europe in the winter and move to the Caribbean or do longer cruises, World, Round S. America etc. The problem is, however the pool of people who can afford the time and cost of these longer cruises is well served now and shows no evidence of growing. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I am sure you are correct but they do not lie on the Atlantic coast.

2 hours ago, Britboys said:

Just has an e-mail from my usual TA.  Seven night northern europe from £440, fourteen night canaries from £587 and thirty five night caribbean from £1357!!!!  All prices for inside cabin.

Do you have a price for the 11day crossover back to Soton in late March?

2 hours ago, Britboys said:

Just has an e-mail from my usual TA.  Seven night northern europe from £440, fourteen night canaries from £587 and thirty five night caribbean from £1357!!!!  All prices for inside cabin.

Yes, I got the same email, great prices. Looking at the Canaries Xmas/NY  fr £929 !!. 

Can get a suite on the 5 week Caribbean for just £100 more than we are paying for 3 week TA Balcony - also tempting but think we too late to change now, trips booked, airline seats booked, restaurants booked etc.

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

Do you have a price for the 11day crossover back to Soton in late March?

£734, 812, 979 - inside, outside, balcony.  Suspect these are savers but don't think the select will be much more.

• Thanks 1

Would have booked the 35 days at that price, but unfortunately already on holiday. Booked 14 days to Spain and Potugal in February  - ok, not a great time of year, but a select booking, in a decent balcony cabin for less than £70pp per night, is a bargain.

5 hours ago, Britboys said:

These are amazing prices! Wish we could take advantage but already have three booked between now and June... Just can't fit another one in.

1 hour ago, Danamis said:

These are amazing prices! Wish we could take advantage but already have three booked between now and June... Just can't fit another one in.

We can't really fit another one either, but at those prices we will have a good try😁

Would have loved to do the 35 night Caribbean cruise at these prices but, as others have said, can't fit it in. We are booked on the Arcadia 28 night Caribbean getting back on the 25th November, a week after the Oceana cruise departs - bum!

Looking at booking the 14 night Canaries cruise Feb'20 as a consolation.