NCL & Door Decorations

CruiseGal999

41 minutes ago, CruiseGal999 said:

https://cruiseradio.net/cruise-line-bans-stateroom-door-decorations/?fbclid=IwAR0mpHiKGFqqHutBT8Q6DgS5dOOInSgQwk8CkKZLNjFy18VBUYWRiOh_Jlc

I'm probably late on posting this ... but here's an article about it.  AND I don't know if this is ONLY the Gem or NCL fleetwide. 

Fleet wide   There have been several threads on different sites about this.

I wonder if they would make a small exception for our family? Our 7yo is legally blind, and I was hoping to tie a bright ribbon to the door handle or place a single brightly colored magnet on our foot at her viewing level.  The room numbers are too high for her to be able to read, and I’d love to give her the confidence to find our room on her own. (Not that she will EVER be left solo at any point during the cruise. It’s just an independence thing...)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MamaToMany said:

I wonder if they would make a small exception for our family? Our 7yo is legally blind, and I was hoping to tie a bright ribbon to the door handle or place a single brightly colored magnet on our foot at her viewing level.  The room numbers are too high for her to be able to read, and I’d love to give her the confidence to find our room on her own. (Not that she will EVER be left solo at any point during the cruise. It’s just an independence thing...)

I guess ask Guest Services when you board ... I wouldn't rely on a telephone Cus Svc Rep's answer ... even if it's a positive one.  

If you are allowed, I would ensure that it is either fire retardant or fire proof.  A number of the decorations I have seen on cabin doors were paper in nature, which would be a fire hazard.  As stated in the article, Carnival requires fire retardant decorations, which on our one and only family Carnival cruise, we ensured we purchased items which stated fire retardant.  

I do agree with other posters that normal decorations could become a fire hazard.  Everyone also needs to take into consideration that a number of cruise line rules and regulations are not stipulated by the cruise line, but by maritime law as well as governmental agencies.  I was reading on some of the rules and regulations stipulated by the Vessel Sanitation Program ran by the CDC has a lot of rules for sanitation which may be "blamed" on the cruise line, but they are in the VSP rules.  

2 hours ago, MamaToMany said:

I would call the Access Desk: In order to make your cruise experience as enjoyable as possible and so that we can try to meet your specific needs, contact us via our access link, call our dedicated toll free number (866) 584-9756, or have your travel agent contact us.

2 hours ago, MamaToMany said:

My suggestion would be to get a Magnetic Sheet

https://www.michaels.com/pro-mag-magnetic-sheet-12""-x-24""/10265238.html

And stick your bright orange/pink door number on that for your daughter.  I honestly don't think this is a fire hazard, as the scarf would be.