Mitsugirly BREAKAWAYs for a summer cruise: Review/Pictorial

mitsugirly

Hi Kim,

You probably don’t realise but you are in the hearts of many around the world. We are in Australia and have been using your comprehensive reviews, pictures and advice for years to plan our long awaited cruise to the Caribbean in January.

I can’t even imagine how hard this is for you. A lot of people would have just hid themselves away and not shared their personal health experiences. It definitely shows how strong you are and how life can change in an instant.

Sending my healing, positive vibes your way xxxxxxx You got this 💪🏻

Kerry 💜

• Like 2

On 8/15/2019 at 10:19 AM, mitsugirly said:

Sorry it will be awhile before I continue. Fell at gas station and broke leg in both fib and fib and ankle yesterday and have been in the hospital. Surgery today to get plates screws and who knows what else. I’m going to be down for several months so once I get moving around I’ll get going. 

Late to the party, but so sorry to hear this! I took a nasty fall at home in early July and ended up with a severely bruised spinal cord and damage to my cervical spine at  C3-7. I had to have spinal fusion surgery and spent 2 weeks in the hospital, with a week of that in the neuro trauma ICU. Haven't fully caught up on your review yet, but hope you're doing well. I'm still recovering myself.

Edited by watermelonqueen99

Kim 

Just checked to see about any updates. I realize that going through another procedure is concerning, but if the Dr. can  get rid of the nasty stuff in your foot and the IV antibiotics get to work, you will begin to feel better.

Things have got to make a good turn for you. So many people who have gotten to know you through your reviews are pulling for you !

All your CC readers will be waiting for good news.

I just sent up a prayer for you 

Kim, I hope your surgery goes well, the doctor is able to take the steps necessary to get rid of your infection, and get you all fixed up so you only have to have a short hospital stay. I’m sending positive vibes your way for both you and your doctor. After all, your doctor IS the one doing all the work, so we want him to have his best day ever! 

I’m sending this toothy but very cute little parrotfish your way to bring a smile to your face. 

2A458EF0-3844-4A51-A7A0-0B705438B82D.jpeg

• Like 1

Kim -- Best wishes for your procedure today.  I have been enjoying all your reviews and have been following along with this saga as a lurker but you have been and will be in my prayers.  I did not think anyone had worse luck than me but even my challenges pale in comparison.  It seems hollow but all I can do is send positive thoughts and prayers your way for you and your family.  Hope you do not have to endure too much pain today and hopefully this will be the turning point for your health to start going in a positive direction.

Edited by cruiser147147

I just wanted to thank everyone for the continued good wishes and prayers. I have read each and everyone of them (didn’t really sleep last night) and appreciate them all. I’m at the hospital getting ready for preop. I will update once surgery is over and I can. 

Edited by mitsugirly
  • Like 11

2 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

I just wanted to thank everyone for the continued good wishes and prayers. I have read each and everyone of them (didn’t really sleep last night) and appreciate them all. I’m at the hospital getting ready for preop. I will update once surgery is over and I can. 

Thinking of you today and sending up prayers....

I'm so sorry that you are going thru this. I know how you feel as I had to have surgery on my jaw in 2017. I had to have total jaw joint replacement for TMJ and after 5 days from the first surgery I was in so much pain that the doctor told me to increase pain meds, the next day I started leaking fluid from site and I went back to hospital and I had sepsis in jaw so back onto surgery to clean out the site, luckily that caught it in time that we didn't have to take metal out but I was in hospital for 9 days for IV antibiotics. 

Keeping you in my prayers and thoughts

Bonnie 

7 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

I'm so sorry to hear about this!  Hopefully this clean out surgery does the trick and sets you on the road to recovery.  You have my thoughts and prayers!  Get well soon!!!

Thanks for all the continued support and thoughts on here. I just wanted to give an update.

Surgery went well according to my ortho surgeon.

He scraped out the infection and said that there wasn't a whole lot, which is good. He took a tissue sample and sent it off to the lab. We will have results in the next 2 days and will determine if I will need a picc line with IV antibiotics. The last time I looked at the clock in the operating room was 11:20am and I woke up in recovery at 12.

After surgery was the worse. They decided not to do a nerve block and I woke up to the worse pain I have experienced to date. I think I cried for 40 whole minutes while they administered morphine, dilaudid, morphine, dilaudid, morphine, dilaudid....etc. etc. I lost count...then finally relief! Whew!

I was in recovery for about 1 1/2 hours...I think they were just trying to get the pain under control before moving me back to my room. I insisted on the ortho doctor coming in to talk to me (because they go out and talk to my husband and daughter once surgery is over to give a report of how things went...but my husband manages to get things a little twisted at times. For instance when the pharmacists came in to go over my medications she asked me "Nothing to eat or drink right?" and the hubby heard "Would you like something to drink?" LOL Um, no, that's not at all what she said.). The doc popped in real quick, gave me the update, which I "think" I heard him right...but then again, I was under the influence so maybe giving report to my family might have been a little better after all. LOL

He did tell me that since I'm struggling with my whole "insurance/BWC" thing that he would give me the option to go home and monitor myself, returning if there are any complications, increased pain, fever, and so on, instead of staying in the hospital for a day or two because the charges for an over night visit could run in the thousands each night. Of course I was relieved to hear that I was going to be able to go home. They decided to give me a Vicodin for the road...which put me over the edge. I hate that feeling of lost control and trying to function. Ugh.

I long ride home with trying to keep my head up in the car was challenging and getting into the house was even more challenging. Since I hadn't had anything to eat but the flavorful mouth watering Saltines after surgery 🙄  the hubby picked me up a Subway sub, which I split with Sakari and it probably took me over an hour to get that down. What happened to that appetite I had earlier? Then off to bed I went.

They said the most painful time after surgery is 24-48 hours and I'm not looking forward to what tomorrow brings...at all. But, I'll continue to deal with it. New antibiotics were prescribed and hopefully it will bring a new experience and outlook on things.

Thanks for all the support and love. <3

• Like 8

Kim, I’m glad to hear that your surgery went well. I hope the pain will be less now, and your focus can be on recovery from your injury. I know it’s hard for you to hold still, but please remember that even though your doctor approved you to go home, you’re still recovering from surgery! For now, it’s really important for you to take it easy and let your body recover from all the trauma you’ve been through - both from the injury itself , and from the trauma of the surgeries you have had to go through to get your body put back together again. I’m sending healing thoughts your way, and will continue to  check in to see how you’re doing. 

In addition to healing thoughts, I’m also sending you a manatee. Since I’m in Florida, I figured a manatee would be appropriate, but this isn’t just any manatee. This manatee was injured, and at the time I took this picture, this manatee had been rescued and was in manatee rehab, recovering from it’s injuries. Recovering, just like you!  Hopefully, you will both be all healed up and ready go on your way soon. 

9B938C27-E2AB-47F9-A47E-F162F0F4888A.jpeg

• Like 3

Kim, I'm happy to hear that your surgery went well. It is killing me that insurance issues caused you to have to leave when you should have been monitored. If you haven't already, please get a good workers comp attorney and fight this. You should be paid for all of your medical expenses and lost wages. You should not have to be thinking about this stuff while trying to recover, but you can win this case! You just need the right legal team on your side. 

Hi Kim

I am relieved the docs said your surgery went well.  I also pray that your pain killers are working - I usually have issues with pain meds they give me insomnia & don't seem to help me.

Please give us an update when you are able you have sooo many people praying for you on this board.

Awww Kim, I’m so sorry to hear you have been in such pain from the infection.  I have been thinking about you and wanted to check in to see how you are doing.  Sending you this fun over/under photo from French Polynesia, taken with the TG-5 fisheye lens (bought on your recommendation, of course!), in hopes to bring you a smile!

326EBA0F-A423-4E1F-8702-958A484DF155.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1