Jackets Required in Luminae?

LewiLewi

DH quit wearing a jacket when he was in the minority with a jacket.  If a jacket is what you feel comfortable wearing you won’t be alone: nor will you be the only one without a jacket if you chose not to take one.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, LewiLewi said:

Thank you.

is lunch served in a Luminae on embarkation day and days in port?

Yes on embarkation day, but not on days in ports.

Jackets are never required, although some men wear them or take them off and hang them on the backs of their chairs.

Chic nights only apply to the MDR. All other restaurants are smart casual every evening. Lunch is served in Luminae on embarkation day and sea days only. Lunch is from 12:00 to 1:30 most of the time. Breakfast closes at 9am on port days and 9:30 on sea days. If the app is up and running you can check the app for open and closing hours.

We have dined in Luminae on our last 4 cruises and very rarely saw men in jackets. 

A few did wear them on evening chic nights, but they are not required and I did not pack any for my husband and son.

With luggage weight restrictions and baggage charges when flying it is a win-win to not have to bring along any type of extra formal wear.

The above comment that many men choose to wear them certainly was not the case on any of my cruises.

• Like 1

On our last five cruises in Luminae we saw many jackets (mostly Navy sport oats) I. Luminae and in Milano.   We have no luggage restrictions on United.   Flying Business you can check two 70 lb bags each as it is included in the fare.   Southwest always allows two checked bags.   If you purchase a discount fare you can pay for checked baggage 1, 2 or more.    When we have purchased a suite cabin we usually don’t worry that much about the airfare.   If we could only afford the budget air fare, we probably would not have purchased a suite.   If you don’t want to dress for dinner, don’t use airline luggage policy as an excuse.   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CruisersTimesThree said:

We have dined in Luminae on our last 4 cruises and very rarely saw men in jackets. 

A few did wear them on evening chic nights, but they are not required and I did not pack any for my husband and son.

With luggage weight restrictions and baggage charges when flying it is a win-win to not have to bring along any type of extra formal wear.

The above comment that many men choose to wear them certainly was not the case on any of my cruises.

Thanks for posting, very helpful!

1 hour ago, Covepointcruiser said:

On our last five cruises in Luminae we saw many jackets (mostly Navy sport oats) I. Luminae and in Milano.   We have no luggage restrictions on United.   Flying Business you can check two 70 lb bags each as it is included in the fare.   Southwest always allows two checked bags.   If you purchase a discount fare you can pay for checked baggage 1, 2 or more.    When we have purchased a suite cabin we usually don’t worry that much about the airfare.   If we could only afford the budget air fare, we probably would not have purchased a suite.   If you don’t want to dress for dinner, don’t use airline luggage policy as an excuse.   

We fly first so luggage is not a issue but in last few years cruising on celebrity and most other lines has gotten very casual. But if you want jacket or tux go for it, my tux is now retired. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Covepointcruiser said:

First off, If you have read the endless threads on dress codes, many people say that Celebrity’s relaxed dress code is a welcome change with one of the many reasons being the cost and restrictions of luggage.  Since we usually sail in the PH, the cost to fly is irrelevant to us, but it sure is nice not to have to take an extra suitcase or two just for formalwear.

To assume that I “don’t want to dress for dinner” is ridiculous!

My family and I dress very well for dinner, without the need for jackets and formalwear.

• Like 6