Back to Back on different ships

Has anyone ever disembarked from one Holland America ship and boarded another Holland ship departing the same day?  I am especially interested in Fort Lauderdale.  If there was an opportunity to combine two itineraries in this way, what would be the logistics?

Thanks

We did it in Fort Lauderdale, but from a Princess ship to a HAL ship. 

We asked for the latest disembarkation from Princess, and  then took a cab over to the HAL ship.  We tipped the driver well.  Then we checked in to the HAL ship.  Easy peasy.

I did it in Feb moving from the Nieuw Statendam to the Nieuw Amsterdam.

As was mentioned before, the difficult thing is getting from one terminal to another. In my case it was 21 to 26 which was not a bad walk (through the parking deck).

Nothing was different about disembarkation or the embarkation a little while later after a short wait. Someone posted that a shuttle was provided for their move from one HAL Ship to another, but that was not my case and at least two others did the same thing.

Definitely check with guest services on your first cruise.  When I disembarked the Prinsendam I will swear I saw some bag tags marked for transfer to another HAL ship (NA, I think), 

Roy

1 hour ago, 78232 said:

Has anyone ever disembarked from one Holland America ship and boarded another Holland ship departing the same day?  I am especially interested in Fort Lauderdale.  If there was an opportunity to combine two itineraries in this way, what would be the logistics?

Thanks

Did it 2 yrs ago in FLL, Jan 4 from the Koningsdam(7days) to the Prinsendam(80 days), the disembark on the K-dam was a chaos, so we showed them our 5 star and told them that we had early disembark, got off, but had to wait for the luggage, another chaos, as soon as we saw our luggage and they let us get it, got off, did US immigration and picked up a shuttle, look for a van that goes from ship to ship, got on at 10:30am and shook hands with Orlando greeting every passenger and got on, and the ship was ready for us..and so were we..

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Definitely check with guest services on your first cruise.  When I disembarked the Prinsendam I will swear I saw some bag tags marked for transfer to another HAL ship (NA, I think), 

Roy

We are booked in Nov jumping from Volendam to Rotterdam. We will definitely check with front desk. Holland America has four ships that day. Princess and TCL each have one. Busy port day

Edited by 2bout2c

We are doing this in January 2020 also. Disembarking from Celebrity Edge to the HAL Nieuw Statendam. Figured we would ask for the latest time to disembark and probably walk over to the HAL terminal. Seems they don't embark as early as Celebrity does. I've actually seen a couple reviews of the Nieuw Statendam where other cruisers went from the Edge to the Statendam or vice versa. 

Cha-CHING

In 2016, we took Koningsdam Rome to FLL (first U.S. visit) and hopped over to Zuiderdam for a Caribbean cruise. We had asked at the front desk about how close the two piers were and if we could just walk. They kindly offered us a free transfer. They put us on a HAL transfer bus going to the airport, and they dropped us off at Zuiderdam on the way out of the port.

We did this in Civitavecchia  on three different ships. We went from HAL (20 days) to MSC (ugh - 7 days) to NCL (14 day TA).  It was all preceded by a week in Rome at an AirBnb.

It's no problem at all, even in Civi.  We did have to exit the port and go to the shuttle place with the tents, wait for the bus to the next cruise just like we'd never been on a cruise at all yet.  It was a little bit miserable on the day we went from HAL to MSC because it was pouring rain but that's something unavoidable.  There was a bit of time waiting for the Meraviglia that was anxiety-producing because they simply couldn't dock until mid-morning due to the weather.  There were real questions about whether or not the ship would dock at all, and the port people were all preparing us for the possibility that we'd have to be put on buses and sent to Naples.

We did it this way because the different ships went to different ports. There were only two overlaps (Barcelona and Marseille.)  The combination made for a very thorough cruise  (!!!)  of the Mediterranean followed by a wonderful relaxing TA to Miami.