New to NCL question about wine

freeholdfriends

I am sure this has been addressed before so please excuse this repeat question. We are booked on the TA Escape next April. Since the ship is leaving from NY we won’t have to fly in beforehand so we want to take some wine onboard. I know that NCL charges a $15 corkage fee but if we just bring on wine for our room do we still get charged? Thanks for any info. This will be our first cruise on NCL so I am just trying to get a handle on their rules.

27 minutes ago, freeholdfriends said:

I am sure this has been addressed before so please excuse this repeat question. We are booked on the TA Escape next April. Since the ship is leaving from NY we won’t have to fly in beforehand so we want to take some wine onboard. I know that NCL charges a $15 corkage fee but if we just bring on wine for our room do we still get charged? Thanks for any info. This will be our first cruise on NCL so I am just trying to get a handle on their rules.

$15 per 750ml bottle regardless of where you drink it. You must hand carry it onboard. 

18 minutes ago, 12531 said:

I can't seem to find out by looking up on line is bottled water and soda included in the ultimate ( free at sea promo) package?

No bottled water and fancy coffees, but you can order sodas and non-alcoholic drinks with the beverage package as well as any drink under $15.

49 minutes ago, brandybit said:

When do they charge the corkage fee - at the check in security line or when you bring it to the restaurant? How can they charge you if you open it yourself in your room and drink it there?

They charge you in the terminal before you get on the ship. I think most ports deal with it right after security. They just charge you $15 for every bottle you have with you.