scooter in Port Canaveral

molsonschooner

You are in luck. Royal Caribbean docks on the south side, thus you can get out on your own if you want. We took the city buses all the way to Cocoa Village (a small historical town southwest of the port). You will have to transfer buses, but that was not a problem. https://321transit.com/ From the port, you would take bus #9 and transfer to #4. For returning, just a reverse. Enlarge Google map and you can see the locations of the bus stops by the little bus emblem on the map. If for any reason, the ship docks on the north side of the port, you cannot get out on your own. You would either have to take a tour or a taxi.

Cocoa Village is a quaint little town and we enjoyed our self made tour. I believe some of the cruise lines offer a tour there now. Regardless, the city buses would be a lot less expensive.

When my son was stationed in Orlando, we went to the Kennedy Space Center. Really don't know what we expected, only that we were disappointed . That was almost 40 years ago and I'm sure things have changed. However, we dined someplace near the Space Center and the food was excellent.

Have a wonderful cruise,

Betty

I live in Brevard County 10 miles from the port.  There is lots to do depending on your interests.  Exploration Tower is right there at the port and totally accessible.  https://visitportcanaveral.com/exploration-tower/  I can spend a couple hours there and love the interactive exhibits. There Is a small but very nice gift shop. There are many good restaurants right there at the port.  If shopping is your thing, yes, Cocoa Village is charming and has lots of interesting shops.  I am thrilled to live near the Kennedy Space Center and visit there at least yearly.  Some years we get the pass and go more often.  It is accessible for wheelchairs and scooters and staff is helpful.  The Atlantis exhibit is awe inspiring.  Don't miss the astronaut encounter.  The Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge is great for observing birds, gators, and manatees.  Only the Visitors Center and boardwalk are wheelchair accessible.  Blackpoint Wildlife Drive can be enjoyed from a car with a pair of binoculars. There are scheduled van tours but they are not wheelchair accessible.