Mariner 2-stop / late night CocoCay announcement

1 hour ago, mark290 said:

Is RCCL the only one that honors the drink package on their private islands ?

No they are not the only one that does but some newer developed port stops for NCL and MSC do not honor drinks or have any included food 

15 hours ago, DancerMama25 said:

No mosquitoes...there is no fresh water there for them to breed.

Sure there is.  It's called rain, which is typically the source of water mosquitoes use to breed in.

Edited by time4u2go

1 hour ago, time4u2go said:

Sure there is.  It's called rain, which is typically the source of water mosquitoes use to breed in.

🤦🏻‍♀️  Well, I think you’re not kidding, so I’m going to respond like you are being serious.    While it’s true that most mosquitos breed in standing rain water, and it’s also true it rains in the Bahamas, mosquitos are very rare especially on smaller keys in the Bahamas.   There is not enough fresh standing water sustained long enough to support the mosquito life cycle.   On mainland US soil, mosquitos persist because they easily breed in plentiful freshwater ponds, etc, and have since spread to areas where a bucket of water or birdbath, etc, in someone’s yard can encourage their proliferation.   But on a small island surrounded by saltwater in a place that gets rain showers followed by hot, drying sun, there is no source for the mosquitos in the first place, let alone a friendly habitat for their population to continue.    Mosquitos will not be a problem on Coco Cay.

33 minutes ago, DancerMama25 said:

🤦🏻‍♀️  Well, I think you’re not kidding, so I’m going to respond like you are being serious.    While it’s true that most mosquitos breed in standing rain water, and it’s also true it rains in the Bahamas, mosquitos are very rare especially on smaller keys in the Bahamas.   There is not enough fresh standing water sustained long enough to support the mosquito life cycle.   On mainland US soil, mosquitos persist because they easily breed in plentiful freshwater ponds, etc, and have since spread to areas where a bucket of water or birdbath, etc, in someone’s yard can encourage their proliferation.   But on a small island surrounded by saltwater in a place that gets rain showers followed by hot, drying sun, there is no source for the mosquitos in the first place, let alone a friendly habitat for their population to continue.    Mosquitos will not be a problem on Coco Cay.

The I guess I'll ignore the CDC's tips for dealing with mosquitoes in the Bahamas 😏

I'm trying to book our first cruise (3 night Mariner from Port Canaveral) but the RCI website still shows 5pm departure for both 3 night and 4 night/2 day Coco cay cruises. 

The posts above seem to indicate that even the 3 night cruise will leave at 10pm and will have the night time activities - Or am I misunderstanding?

On 8/14/2019 at 2:17 PM, Carolina Girl 99 said:

From a FB post just a few minutes ago :

Royal Caribbean announced it will begin offering select sailings that visit Perfect Day at CocoCay twice, along with late night stays.

Beginning September 30, 2019, Royal Caribbean will offer 4-night itineraries to the private island destination across nearly 40 sailings. Three exclusive cruises also make their debut today.

In addition, three one-of-a-kind cruises with late-night visits to the island will be offered on Navigator of the Seas. Travelers of all ages will have the chance to extend the excitement long after the sun sets with traditional Bahamian-inspired activities, including a Junkanoo Jam Up Party, an island barbeque and performances by a calypso band and fire dancers, topped off with unforgettable farewell fireworks before setting sail.

The new itineraries are available to guests on select Navigator and Mariner of the Seas sailings.

"Perfect Day at CocoCay has revolutionized private destinations in the vacation industry, and the resounding feedback from our guests is that they want more – more time and even more ways to experience the island," said Michael Bayley, President and CEO, Royal Caribbean International. "We’re building on an incredible adventure that’s already winning the hearts of many."

Liking this itinerary... thinking of booking two balconies side by side on Mariner of the Seas. Does anyone know if  balconies connect between staterooms on Mariner allowing access between the staterooms and essentially doubling the size of the balcony? Thanks!

27 minutes ago, marton2 said:

Liking this itinerary... thinking of booking two balconies side by side on Mariner of the Seas. Does anyone know if  balconies connect between staterooms on Mariner allowing access between the staterooms and essentially doubling the size of the balcony? Thanks!

Balcony dividers on Mariner can be opened with approval of ship management.

It’s starting to look like cruise lines are moving towards staying somewhere they completely control where you spend your money. Stopping at Private Islands and Resorts that they control is becoming the future. Island countries will need to attract vacationers that will fly in and stay a while. Cruising in the Far East or Mediterranean could hit a big snag in the future if politics involved.

5 hours ago, Cherylynn123 said:

I'm trying to book our first cruise (3 night Mariner from Port Canaveral) but the RCI website still shows 5pm departure for both 3 night and 4 night/2 day Coco cay cruises. 

The posts above seem to indicate that even the 3 night cruise will leave at 10pm and will have the night time activities - Or am I misunderstanding?

Navigator seems to be the one doing the late-nights. Mariner is doing only double stops. See schedule of sailings below. 

20190818_141238.jpg

On 8/16/2019 at 9:51 AM, cruisegirl1 said:

Yes the ship will be less crowded when folks are on Coco Cay , but it will also not be moving and  can get hot. 

Will there not be AC in the cabins while we’re docked?

One of us will have to return to the cabin to rest, not being able to spend the whole day on CocoCay - and we’ll now be there two days.

5 minutes ago, snowglobe said:

Will there not be AC in the cabins while we’re docked?

One of us will have to return to the cabin to rest, not being able to spend the whole day on CocoCay - and we’ll now be there two days.

Yes of course there will be electricity and air conditioning in the cabins as well as all over the ship.

I was referring to the pool and other outdoor areas that could have limited breeze because the ship is docked. 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Thanks 1

We are booked on the Harmony in February, seven night with three days at Sea, two port days (St. Martin and San Juan), and Coco Cay.  My dad and son especially like sea days, a big reason for our booking this.  Am hoping we get to keep our sea days vs. loosing them and doing a second day or more time at Coco Cay.  Everyone likes different things.  

Do you think sea days may be endangered on some of the seven night sailings?   

57 minutes ago, kathy884 said:

We are booked on the Harmony in February, seven night with three days at Sea, two port days (St. Martin and San Juan), and Coco Cay.  My dad and son especially like sea days, a big reason for our booking this.  Am hoping we get to keep our sea days vs. loosing them and doing a second day or more time at Coco Cay.  Everyone likes different things.  

Do you think sea days may be endangered on some of the seven night sailings?   

Who knows?    Most of the changes have already been announced. Ships that have an extra day at Coco Cay often are sharing the island with another ship. For now, that likely will not happen with an oasis class ship. 

M

• Like 1