WiFi on the Star Legend

Cometman

I have gotten WiFi on board the Wind Surf in the past with okay results- what is everyone's experience with the WiFi on the Star Legend?

I called Windstar and they said it was only good for email.

Thanks

It is ok.  Not very fast. It would be nice if Windstar gave guests free WiFi.  There are several cruise lines that have free WiFi.  Most hotels give it away.  If you have a problem with WiFi on the ship, ask the crew. They know where to find good free WiFi in most ports. They also know where to eat and drink in most ports.

• 5 weeks later...

On our cruise that ended a week ago everyone was complaining about it, but then the TV didn't have a signal most of the time either. This was on the Breeze, but I assume they all use the same service?

The other thing was that the ship was very bad about leaving On Waves on when in port. It blasted away any shore-based service and we needed to be super careful about what the phones were picking up.

Edited by milepig
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

On the Breeze in May.  TV signal worked well.  If it had been out, we would have been unhappy.  We docked in Oporto 2 days waiting out a storm. The TV helped pass the time. The movies were timely enjoyed watching “in Bruges”. It was a stop on the cruise.

19 hours ago, Redtravel said:

On the Breeze in May.  TV signal worked well.  If it had been out, we would have been unhappy.  We docked in Oporto 2 days waiting out a storm. The TV helped pass the time. The movies were timely enjoyed watching “in Bruges”. It was a stop on the cruise.

I love that movie. “...F-ing Bruges...” movie’s great, I’m not a fan of the town. 

Hi, I think tourism has really ruined places. My stay in Bruges with WS did I did not love it, do not need to go back, it was a mob scene, over the top crowded, the water way had litter. I did love Michelangelo’s Madonna statue, the most stolen art  statue in history and his only work outside of Italy. Since,  I went to Santorini, which was the same for me grim on land beautiful from the water I am done with touristy tourism. I adore Venice it is in my soul but I stay away from anything to do with crowds and am happy to wander the back streets visit the churches where you can experience great art with no one taking selfies ( makes me crazy in front of art ). On our trip with WS we went to Delfshaven, canals, no one, loaded with history, the Pilgrims, their church where the spent the night  before the voyage almost 400 years ago, not destroyed in WWII. For us we think  about travel differently now, we do not need to go where the rest of the world goes but we love going with  WS planning our own adventures. I know I am sounding crabby and I am not but l love authentic experiences away from crowds. I also love research and have  a very large imagination. I am always happy for people when they have a nice experience when I did not. Happy Sailing.

4 hours ago, O2B@Cagain said:

milepig: How can you not love Bruges? It's a #!#@! fairy tale town! 🤣

In my defense, I adore Ghent, which is a real actual city just a short hop away. Bruges is beyond twee - too perfect, too Disney, sorry, but to me it seems to have no soul.

1 hour ago, O2B@Cagain said:

If you go to places like Bruges on a cruise, you will experience over tourism. Stay several nights and walk along the canals and the squares in the moonlight and you will have a different view. IMHO

That's actually how I experienced Bruges. Something about all those uplights on the buildings made it all even faker. It isn't a real city, IMHO.