Cruise Critic Community
vinob

NO KETTLES IN CABINS

I understand that the majority of cabins do not have tea making facilities and that room service incurs a charge. However am I right in saying there is no room service charge for continental breakfast in cabin?.   Just thinking I could use this service to get my early morning cuppa in the cabin which would save me having to get dressed to go in search of one,  anyone know what’s the earliest I can request continental breakfast. Any info much appreciated.

13 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I’ve had breakfast delivered as early as 6:00

Many thanks.

5 minutes ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

No charge for continental breakfast.  Had delivered at 6:00 am. 

5 minutes ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

No charge for continental breakfast.  Had delivered at 6:00 am. 

That’s brilliant, done a number of cruises with 5 different lines, but this is first time without a kettle, just can’t function without my early morning coffee fix.  Many thanks.

You can ask your room attendant for a kettle.  Or alternatively as everyone says room service will bring you your early morning brew.

3 minutes ago, livylotte said:

You can ask your room attendant for a kettle.  Or alternatively as everyone says room service will bring you your early morning brew.

I will ask and see if I can get one as I often wake at around 5am (my body clock has been totally shot for years) it would be nice to just put the kettle on for a cuppa.  Many thanks.

36 minutes ago, vinob said:

I understand that the majority of cabins do not have tea making facilities and that room service incurs a charge. However am I right in saying there is no room service charge for continental breakfast in cabin?.   Just thinking I could use this service to get my early morning cuppa in the cabin which would save me having to get dressed to go in search of one,  anyone know what’s the earliest I can request continental breakfast. Any info much appreciated.

If you sail out of Southampton you will get a kettle.

When we have sailed in Europe I always ask our CS for a kettle and on most occasions they get us a kettle and I am delighted and give our CS $5 as a thank you.

IMG_20190525_164411.jpg

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

When we have sailed in Europe I always ask our CS for a kettle and on most occasions they get us a kettle and I am delighted and give our CS $5 as a thank you.

IMG_20190525_164411.jpg

IMG_20190525_164411.jpg

IMG_20190525_164411.jpg

IMG_20190525_164411.jpg

IMG_20190525_164411.jpg

IMG_20190525_164411.jpg

That’s great, fly cruise this time. Will ask for kettle, failing that will order continental. Thanks.

7 minutes ago, vinob said:

That’s great, fly cruise this time. Will ask for kettle, failing that will order continental. Thanks.

Your welcome.

16 hours ago, grapau27 said:

That's good to know. I always travel with my Yorkshire tea bags. Hadn't thought to ask the Concierge for a kettle.

7 minutes ago, maryann2 said:

That's good to know. I always travel with my Yorkshire tea bags. Hadn't thought to ask the Concierge for a kettle.

We stayed in Harrogate last week where the lovely Yorkshire tea is made.

I ask our cabin steward as soon as we see them about a kettle before the spare kettles go elsewhere.but the DL or CL concierge could help.

16 hours ago, little britain said:

JS and above on all ships should have kettles. 

Unfortunately just in a balcony cabin.

14 minutes ago, vinob said:

Unfortunately just in a balcony cabin.

All staterooms would have kettles if sailing out of the UK.