Tips to the Wait staff

lenquixote66

3 hours ago, clo said:

I've never been to a restaurant - rotating or otherwise - that took credit cards but where you couldn't include the tip.  Like never, ever.  Weird.  But, hey, it's a revolving one 🙂

I didn't have a international credit card back then so we were paying by cash.

13 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I didn't have a international credit card back then so we were paying by cash.

I've never heard of an "international credit card."  Even 30 years ago when my husband was traveling internationally regularly on business he just had his regular card.  Would that have been different in Australia back then?  Asking sincerely.

2 hours ago, clo said:

I've never heard of an "international credit card."  Even 30 years ago when my husband was traveling internationally regularly on business he just had his regular card.  Would that have been different in Australia back then?  Asking sincerely.

I don't know if this is what Mic was referring to but for me an international credit card is one that has no fees for foreign purchases and the exchange rate is nearly equal to market. 

2 hours ago, clo said:

Credit cards were around in Australia back then as well but I would never have used mine back then.

By international card, I mean one that doesn't attract the international transaction fees and has a reasonably good currency exchange rate.

4 hours ago, clo said:

Found this article.  It's a couple of years old so some may have changed.  You'll notice that they say that if service is included it will be stated.  Maybe two?

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-worlds-most-expensive-tasting-menus-2017-4#1-sublimotion-ibiza-spain-33

Number 2 reminds me of a scene from Jurassic Park. 

• Haha 1