First time on Anthem of the Seas. I have 8pm seating.

I don't understand what is "Main dining room"? They all seem to have other names so I am confused.  Can I try the other main dining rooms or am I required to stay at original table in same dining room? My last cruise was 35 years ago so everything is different! Thanks for any information as I have no idea where to go.

Sounds like you have fixed (traditional) dining, which means you will be assigned a specific table in one of the 4 dining rooms that serve as the "Main Dining Room".  Each dining room serves the same food from the same menu that changes nightly.  The only difference is the decor.

Thank you Host Clarea! So how do I find out which place to go? Aren't they on different floors?  Will I be notified?  When I booked the cruise this was only choice given to me but that's ok. Also, If I want to do say buffet for dinner, can I do that one night?

Edited by Diamonddidi

Just now, Diamonddidi said:

Thank you Host Clarea! So how do I find out which place to go? Aren't they on different floors?  Will I be notified?  When I booked the cruise this was only choice given to me but that's ok.

Your dining assigment will be on your SeaPass card.

There are also several for-a-fee specialty restaurants, plus the Solarium Bistro which has no charge.  (unless you choose one of the 3 upcharge entrees)

You are not obligated to eat in the Main Dining Room, but if you do, you must go at 8 and sit at your assigned table.  (this would be the same as you experienced 35 years ago, I suspect)

Here is a sample Anthem SeaPass card.  Note the dining information.  🙂  

Image result for seapass card anthem