Genoa Embarkation: Luggage drop off?

newistcruiseaddict

We will be boarding the MSC Divina for a transatlantic cruise in November. I don't think the entire ship will be disembarking as some will stay on until Rome. I plan to explore the port before actually checking in and boarding but I'm trying to figure out the best arrangements for luggage. We have to be out of our hotel room at 11 am. If the ship arrives at 9am, when can I attempt to check luggage? Are there porters?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! Does your boarding ticket say something about check-in times? I have been on many cruises, and I always had the opportunity to drop my luggage at the pier. There are always people taking care of the luggage, because thousands of pieces have to be delivered and checked-in. I always found the two procedures taking place at the same time.

Furhtermore, all hotels I have been staying at allowed to drop the luggage at the reception or a special luggage room for a couple of hours, after checking out.

On 8/28/2019 at 8:28 AM, cruisegermany said:

Hello! Does your boarding ticket say something about check-in times? I have been on many cruises, and I always had the opportunity to drop my luggage at the pier. There are always people taking care of the luggage, because thousands of pieces have to be delivered and checked-in. I always found the two procedures taking place at the same time.

Furhtermore, all hotels I have been staying at allowed to drop the luggage at the reception or a special luggage room for a couple of hours, after checking out.

I haven't tried to print a boarding pass yet....

And unfortunately leaving it at the hotel is not an option. We are in an airbnb so no reception. I did contact the hostess who said "possibly" if someone doesn't wind up booking our check out day. But the place stays pretty well booked up so I'm not planning to count on that. 

Ive never had trouble dropping off luggage early, even as early as 10am. But my experience is in the US only so far.