Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
kitkat343

ship help for family cape liberty

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

My family has traveled on a few cruises, but we've always chosen itineraries instead of ships.  I was wondering if it might be worth trying our home port (Cape Liberty) since we have 3 kids including an infant to  be on a fun ship for the kids.  My dream for a long time had been to travel to Cuba, but since that isn't an option I'm wondering if a local ship for an easy vacation might be something to try.

 

The ships in Cape Liberty are:

 

Oasis of the Seas

Vision of the Seas

Adventure of the Seas

Anthem of the Seas

Empress

 

Are there any ships among these that would be your top choices of activities for a young family (children are currently aged 8, 4 and 9 months) .  We'd wait until the baby was over a year to sail.

Edited by kitkat343

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those ships are not all there at the same time.  They sort of rotate in and out.  Anthem has been more or less permanent, but she is going across the pond for her drydock next spring, and is it unclear if or when she will return.  

 

Oasis and Anthem have the complete Royal Babies and Tots program, so that may be a factor in your decision.

 

Adventure is the next largest ship.

 

Vision is small.

 

Empress is very small.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 8 & 4 yr olds will love Oasis, Anthem or Adventure.  I'd skip Vision or Empress until they are a bit older. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would go with Anthem since the bumper cars in the Seaplex, iFly, and the North Star would be fun activities for the two older kids.  The iMessage exploit is also great if you have iPhones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

Those ships are not all there at the same time.  They sort of rotate in and out.  Anthem has been more or less permanent, but she is going across the pond for her drydock next spring, and is it unclear if or when she will return.  

 

Oasis and Anthem have the complete Royal Babies and Tots program, so that may be a factor in your decision.

 

Adventure is the next largest ship.

 

Vision is small.

 

Empress is very small.

Anthem is returning from England in November 2020 and is there thru at least April 2021. Nothing else has been officially confirmed yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

 Anthem has been more or less permanent, but she is going across the pond for her drydock next spring, and is it unclear if or when she will return.  

 

 

OP- Anthem is returning to New Jersey in November 2020 and has sailings scheduled as of now through April 2021.

 

edit- as correctly posted in #6

Edited by meadowlander

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks so much - this is extremely helpful!  We've really only sailed on ships with few amenities, so my kids might really enjoy this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sikegrad said:

The iMessage exploit is also great if you have iPhones.

That may be going away now that Anthem has switched to the RCI app. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mets123 said:

Anthem is returning from England in November 2020 and is there thru at least April 2021. Nothing else has been officially confirmed yet.

 

1 hour ago, meadowlander said:

OP- Anthem is returning to New Jersey in November 2020 and has sailings scheduled as of now through April 2021.

 

edit- as correctly posted in #6

 

Excellent news.   I missed that!

 

(although I would rather they bring in Odyssey  😄 )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Anthem has been more or less permanent, but she is going across the pond for her drydock next spring, and is it unclear if or when she will return.  

 

Anthem is sailing from Southampton in 2020.

‘’Royal Caribbean's highly innovative Quantum class ship, Anthem of the Seas - one the most technologically advanced cruise ships ever to be based in Europe - is returning to Southampton in Summer 2020!’

Edited by upwarduk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...