SD 1 Athens to Rome

TrapperZimmy

Jim, after spending a day at Montserrat, we sailed past the city covered in ash. It was dusk and we were all on deck. Total respectful silence. My recollection was we had Captain Bjarne on that cruise. 

We we spent our final day at Capri. We went independent, doing Anacapri in the morning and then going down to Capri Town for lunch. Despite the crowds and the awful heat, we had a good time. Those who did the excursions also had positive reports. 

We will soon do a limoncello sail away. Suitcases and luggage tags are already awaiting us. 

Bueno sera my SeaDream friends. 

21 minutes ago, TrapperZimmy said:

Jim, after spending a day at Montserrat, we sailed past the city covered in ash. It was dusk and we were all on deck. Total respectful silence. My recollection was we had Captain Bjarne on that cruise. 

We we spent our final day at Capri. We went independent, doing Anacapri in the morning and then going down to Capri Town for lunch. Despite the crowds and the awful heat, we had a good time. Those who did the excursions also had positive reports. 

We will soon do a limoncello sail away. Suitcases and luggage tags are already awaiting us. 

Bueno sera my SeaDream friends. 

It seems like the time just flew by.  I know you felt it even faster.  Great reviews.  Really makes me want to sail there.  As to Montserrat, we must have been on different voyages.  Ours spent the day at English Harbour Antigua.  We took the helo flight over Montserrat.  Captain Berg drove us by that evening on our way to somewhere else.  We did not stop at Montserrat.  Don't you just hate it when you come back to your cabin and the bags are out for packing?? The only thing you can do of course is book another one quickly...🍸

The final post. In earlier posts I hadn’t mentioned the hotman. That is because he is fairly new and I wanted to give him the full cruise before I wrote anything. Marc Peyer is unusual in that he was hired for the job from outside, rather than a promotion. He has broad hospitality experience, and it shows. He showed us a lot of attention, but I think he treated those who had fewer SD cruises than us (which was just about everyone) the same. Very personable and did an excellent job of making everything work right. It shows that he was trained by Cristophe. 

It it was sad leaving the yacht for our ride to Rome. But knowing that we will be back in a few months made it better. btw, Rome Cabs was waiting for us as soon as we got our luggage. 130 Euros to the hotel. 

Have a a great trip, ctbjr. 

7 minutes ago, TrapperZimmy said:

The final post. In earlier posts I hadn’t mentioned the hotman. That is because he is fairly new and I wanted to give him the full cruise before I wrote anything. Marc Peyer is unusual in that he was hired for the job from outside, rather than a promotion. He has broad hospitality experience, and it shows. He showed us a lot of attention, but I think he treated those who had fewer SD cruises than us (which was just about everyone) the same. Very personable and did an excellent job of making everything work right. It shows that he was trained by Cristophe. 

Have a a great trip, ctbjr. 

Thanks for the good wishes, Trapper.  I agree with your assessment of Marc.  I first sailed with him back in April on the EB Crossing and thought he was great.  I'm looking forward to sailing with him again this trip.

On another note, did you happen to find out what the ship is doing between today and Saturday?  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ctbjr1309 said:

Thanks for the good wishes, Trapper.  I agree with your assessment of Marc.  I first sailed with him back in April on the EB Crossing and thought he was great.  I'm looking forward to sailing with him again this trip.

On another note, did you happen to find out what the ship is doing between today and Saturday?  

A four day charter to Nice. A full ship of Norwegians. 

And tell Marc what a good review he got. 

Oh, one more change since our February cruise.  At breakfast they now have 3 dispensers for dry cereal; granola, corn flakes and an oat something.  No more individual cereal boxes. ☹️  Not sure if this is for "healthy living" or ecology, but I missed having Cheerios and Special K.

2 hours ago, TrapperZimmy said:

Oh, one more change since our February cruise.  At breakfast they now have 3 dispensers for dry cereal; granola, corn flakes and an oat something.  No more individual cereal boxes. ☹️  Not sure if this is for "healthy living" or ecology, but I missed having Cheerios and Special K.

No Frosted Flakes!  Shocking!!🍸