Cape Liberty over flow parking questions?

JAMESCC

We are on Anthem Sept 21 and we are driving to the port and parking at the port. Oh our time says 11:00-11:30 but we plan on getting there at 10:15-10:30. They don't really care if you are early right? With the parking, can you elect to park in the over flow parking even though you are early enough to park in the garage? It looks like less of a hassle and I'm not the biggest fan of parking garages. 

1 hour ago, marci22 said:

You could even get there at 10am. Once 10:30am hits, the line to drop off is already starting to build. 

Ok great because that was my original plan but I thought at 10 AM I would be running into problem with passengers still getting off Anthem. We can get there at 10 AM with no problems, no issues? I just want to drop off luggage, park my truck with as little hassle or traffic as possible. I mean we have to wait an hour in the terminal no big deal, would like to avoid some of the craziness. Thanks for the info and suggestion. Oh we only live 35-40 minutes from Cape Liberty.

29 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Thanks for the info and suggestion. Oh we only live 35-40 minutes from Cape Liberty.

I live about 45 minutes away. I probably left 9-9:15am the last time. By the time you get there, unload, park and check in it's already around 10:15-10:30. They always make  announcements "boarding will start at 11:30am" but I think we got on around 10:45am. The traffic gets bad around 11am and doesn't really let up until around 2pm.  

I go out of Cape Liberty a lot and I've never had any bad delays boarding. I hope I didn't jinx you!

Edited by marci22
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, marci22 said:

I live about 45 minutes away. I probably left 9-9:15am the last time. By the time you get there, unload, park and check in it's already around 10:15-10:30. They always make  announcements "boarding will start at 11:30am" but I think we got on around 10:45am. The traffic gets bad around 11am and doesn't really let up until around 2pm.  

I go out of Cape Liberty a lot and I've never had any bad delays boarding. I hope I didn't jinx you!

Excellent info, thanks. We'll leave for the port at 9:20 then and get there at 10 AM. I think this is a good plan. Now the hard part is getting my wife and our 6 year old son up early enough to make this happen. 🤣

• Like 1

I'm going on Adventure next month.  It's a one way cruise so I won't be parking at the port.  I will be renting a car at home and dropping it in Bayonne.

I'm trying to decide if it's better to first drop the luggage, then return the car and get a ride (taxi/uber) back to the port or return the car and get a ride (taxi/uber) back to the port and drop the luggage.

Can you bypass the drop off line if you have no luggage to drop?

34 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Excellent info, thanks. We'll leave for the port at 9:20 then and get there at 10 AM. I think this is a good plan. Now the hard part is getting my wife and our 6 year old son up early enough to make this happen. 🤣

I agree with Marci22, 10am is a good time to get there.  Much later and traffic builds.  We have boarded early too.  They always seem to announce boarding will start at 11:30 and then soon after boarding starts as early as 10:30.

6 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

I'm going on Adventure next month.  It's a one way cruise so I won't be parking at the port.  I will be renting a car at home and dropping it in Bayonne.

I'm trying to decide if it's better to first drop the luggage, then return the car and get a ride (taxi/uber) back to the port or return the car and get a ride (taxi/uber) back to the port and drop the luggage.

Can you bypass the drop off line if you have no luggage to drop?

No, not really. However if the road to the drop off is really backed up, you could have your “ride” drop you at the outer edge of the outdoor parking area and you could walk across the parking area to the terminal.  The ride can turn around and exit.

• Thanks 1

I found the garage to be much easier.  The bottom of the garage is all loading space, so you bring the luggage right to a spot, then get the car and bring it to the luggage.  Very easy process.  The overflow will require you to drag all the luggage over to the car.  

As for getting a ride share.  Assuming you are willing and able, you could always get the ride share to drive you as close as they can before you hit traffic and then walk from there?  It might be a mile or so walk but just throwing it out there as an option