OBC seems to have disappeared.

Huskydo

We are quite new to this cruising lark so please bear with me.

we are UK based and I booked a cruise to Alaska for May 2020. I booked it in March via a TA in UK.

Now, when I signed into the Celebrity website to view the itinerary and booking info it said we had onboard credit of $200 this was converted into GPB, no mention of drinks package. The perks from the TA at booking were, $200 OBC and Classic drinks package for us both.

when I have logged on today to view the info, the OBC has disappeared? Is this something usual for the Celebrity website or should I be telephoning them?

many thanks for advice.

OBC from your TA will NOT show in your CP. X provided OBC can be used to pay for excursions or other packages purchased through the CP, but TA provided cash can't.

Another thing, X provided money is non-refundable but TA provided OBC is.

We have $300 provided by X and $425 from our TS for our Alaskan cruise on hte Eclipse next week. I can see the $300 in the CP and I'll make sure I take a screen shot of the TA stuff to make sure we have it when we get on board.

Edited by Guindalf

If I understand correctly, you say previously you could view the OBC on your reservation on line. If that is so, that must have come from Celebrity, as others have noted travel agent OBC will not show on their web site. So if it was there before, and is gone now, definitely call Celebrity. I have twice seen Celebrity OBC disappear from future cruises. When I called, the credit was re-applied to my cruises. They seemed puzzled as to why it "fell off".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 39august said:

If I understand correctly, you say previously you could view the OBC on your reservation on line. If that is so, that must have come from Celebrity, as others have noted travel agent OBC will not show on their web site. So if it was there before, and is gone now, definitely call Celebrity. I have twice seen Celebrity OBC disappear from future cruises. When I called, the credit was re-applied to my cruises. They seemed puzzled as to why it "fell off".

Yes, this exactly. It was there from the booking in March until the last three days then just seems to have disappeared. I think I’ve read on the forum that TA perks such as drinks packages and paid gratuities don’t show on the booking so wasn’t surprised these two things weren’t there. I will give them a call on Monday.

Thank you 😊 

We booked in March, I cannot recall OBC being offered, the Drinks package only.  We were given OBC by our TA but that will not appear until close to the cruise.

Do you have a screen shot showing the offers at the time of booking?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Huskydo said:

Yes, this exactly. It was there from the booking in March until the last three days then just seems to have disappeared. I think I’ve read on the forum that TA perks such as drinks packages and paid gratuities don’t show on the booking so wasn’t surprised these two things weren’t there. I will give them a call on Monday.

Thank you 😊 

We had the same thing happen last week on an upcoming cruise in Nov.  Just call & they will re-add tell them the copy # that it was on & they will fix no problem.  As you booked through a TA they should take care of it for you.

Edited by If only
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, If only said:

We had the same thing happen last week on an upcoming cruise in Nov.  Just call & they will re-add tell them the copy # that it was on & they will fix no problem.  As you booked through a TA they should take care of it for you.

Oops I read it wrong if it was from your TA it will not show up until on-board.

• Like 1

My OBC from Celebrity has disappeared from my cruise planner on numerous occasions on different cruises. I call them, they find it and reinstate it right away. I have learned to check frequently. I assume it is a result of Celebrity’s notorious IT system.

• Like 1

I’m not sure if the OBC was from the TA or Celebrity themselves🤔 I  guessing Celebrity otherwise it wouldn’t have shown on their website yet if what people say is correct. That it doesn’t show until you’re on the cruise? I will investigate further tomorrow. 

No I don’t have a screen shot of the Celebrity website showing the credit:( I’m sure it will be rectified though 😌

Hi- this exact same thing happened to me last week!!! I booked with a $400 OBC and made a few dining reservations (back in February) using some the funds. All of a sudden last week I received a bill stating that I now owe payment for the reservations.  I was super confused so I called Celebrity.   Ends up $300 of my OBC literally vanished.  They instructed me to have my TA call them so they could reinstate the other $300.  I don’t understand why they could just reinstate it with me on the phone if they were able to see the glitch?!?! Regardless, I asked my TA to call - he did- and Celeb reinstated my $300 OBC.   

Super weird - and super shifty.   I’m so glad I caught this! That would have been money down the drain. 

The beverage and WIFI packages should show in your Cruise Planner under Order History where they were purchased, or perks, regardless of whether they cam from X or a TA.  If they don't, call Captains Club and ask that they be added so that you can see them. You can also request that they send you an email confirmation as well confirming them.  Your TA can also send you confirmation of those, as well as gratuities and any OBC that came from them. Prepaid gratuities never show anywhere but on your booking invoice.

15 hours ago, Huskydo said:

I’m not sure if the OBC was from the TA or Celebrity themselves🤔 I  guessing Celebrity otherwise it wouldn’t have shown on their website yet if what people say is correct. That it doesn’t show until you’re on the cruise? I will investigate further tomorrow. 

No I don’t have a screen shot of the Celebrity website showing the credit:( I’m sure it will be rectified though 😌

If it was through Celebrity then it would be showing on your your cruise planner,the amount in GBP if you booked on the UK site.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

The beverage and WIFI packages should show in your Cruise Planner under Order History where they were purchased, or perks, regardless of whether they cam from X or a TA.  If they don't, call Captains Club and ask that they be added so that you can see them. You can also request that they send you an email confirmation as well confirming them.  Your TA can also send you confirmation of those, as well as gratuities and any OBC that came from them. Prepaid gratuities never show anywhere but on your booking invoice.

We've not had either our beverage or internet packages show up in our planner for either of our two X cruises.  I find it odd that for some people they show and for others they don't!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Redrobo said:

If it was through Celebrity then it would be showing on your your cruise planner,the amount in GBP if you booked on the UK site.  

Yes it was showing but now it’s not.

I will speak with my TA tomorrow to get it sorted. Not had the inclination today, had to have my beautiful husky put to sleep in the week, she is missed so much.

Thank you everyone who has made suggestions.