Copenhagen hotels near city center and cruise port

Early stages of planning for a Baltic cruise out of Copenhagen May 28,2020 and researching for good hotels close to the city center and cruise port.  Staying 2 nights at the beginning of cruise and 2 nights at the end.  We like to book hotels with efficiencies if possible.  Any suggestions?  Thank you!

There aren’t hotels near Oceankaj which is mostly an industrial area.

I recomnend looking for hotels near Nyhavn or Tivoli and then use public transportation or cabs to get to the port. 

If travelling in early August, is it necessary to stay in a hotel with air conditioning? I know most hotels don’t have air conditioning in Northern Europe as it’s not necessary. But how bad would it be if there’s a heat wave? Certain hotels state they have air conditioning. Should I stick with one of these hotels just in case. Going next summer. TIA!

1 hour ago, Danish viking said:

In general I would say that its not needed but you could visit in a odd year. 🙂

Thanks!

Is it a big difference in temperature  day vs. night? We will probably only be in the hotel room after dinner and out most time of the day.

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 5:15 PM, GradUT said:

There aren’t hotels near Oceankaj which is mostly an industrial area.

I recomnend looking for hotels near Nyhavn or Tivoli and then use public transportation or cabs to get to the port. 

This.  Since you are splitting your stay you could stay in one area (Nyhavn or near Tivoli) before your cruise and the other area after.  We are staying at Andersen Boutique Hotel near the central train station and Tivoli for a few days before our cruise.  Since summers have become so hot I no longer take chances booking hotels that don't have air conditioning, even in northern Europe.

1 hour ago, Travelling2Some said:

This.  Since you are splitting your stay you could stay in one area (Nyhavn or near Tivoli) before your cruise and the other area after.  We are staying at Andersen Boutique Hotel near the central train station and Tivoli for a few days before our cruise.  Since summers have become so hot I no longer take chances booking hotels that don't have air conditioning, even in northern Europe.

Thanks! I am thinking of the Absalon Hotel which is Anderson’s sister hotel. It has air con in its superior rooms only. The two hotels are pretty close to one another. I think I will stick with hotels that have air con just in case. Do all rooms in Anderson have air con? If so, I may consider Anderson Hotel instead.

1 hour ago, AngelDisney said:

Thanks! I am thinking of the Absalon Hotel which is Anderson’s sister hotel. It has air con in its superior rooms only. The two hotels are pretty close to one another. I think I will stick with hotels that have air con just in case. Do all rooms in Anderson have air con? If so, I may consider Anderson Hotel instead.

They are right across the way from each other and I was considering both as well since they are so similar.  From what I saw on the website, the Anderson did have A/C in all rooms.  I saw very good reviews of both.  We had a sleepless night in Paris with no A/C and a party going on next door so that we couldn't even leave our window open.  Ever since then I've been more careful!

9 hours ago, AngelDisney said:

Thanks!

Is it a big difference in temperature  day vs. night? We will probably only be in the hotel room after dinner and out most time of the day.

Yes because the days are shorter than in June/July with about 3 hours and the suns position to the earth is lower than around midsummer.

So even though we hit a little heatwave going on atm the night will still Feel cooler and the nights in the next weeks forecast are around 17-18 degrees most night with day temperatures at around 23. 

• Like 1

We just stayed at the Scandic Copenhagen as part of our Princess Cruise.  It’s close to Tivoli, very “Danish Modern” and had air conditioning.  The windows in our room also opened.

FYI, there are about four different Scandic Hotels in Copenhagen.  I believe that ours was the most modern.

Edited by mevs904

We just returned from a Baltic Cruise. Pre-cruise we stayed at the Wakeup Copenhagen Borgergrade. It had A/C. We are a family of 4 so were able to get a family room (2 standard rooms with a connecting door), which is hard to get for a decent price in Europe. The location was great, room was clean and the location was perfect for us. Few blocks from Rosenborg Castle, Nyhavn and Stroget. About 20-25 minute walk to City Hall area. Walked to the bus stop that took us directly to the cruise terminal and quick walk from the train station upon arrival from the airport.The downside was that the rooms were small and it's a no frills kind of place. It had everything we needed, but nothing more. I would recommend staying there as long as you know what you are getting.

We also stayed one night post cruise at the Anderson. It's located behind central station and Tivoli. We loved our stay here. There was a/c, the room was pretty large and there were tons of extras, including a great breakfast. Also, an easy walk to Tivoli, Christianborg Palace, the Glyptotek and central station to get back to the airport and from the cruise port by public transportation.

4 hours ago, MN'smom said:

We just returned from a Baltic Cruise. Pre-cruise we stayed at the Wakeup Copenhagen Borgergrade. It had A/C. We are a family of 4 so were able to get a family room (2 standard rooms with a connecting door), which is hard to get for a decent price in Europe. The location was great, room was clean and the location was perfect for us. Few blocks from Rosenborg Castle, Nyhavn and Stroget. About 20-25 minute walk to City Hall area. Walked to the bus stop that took us directly to the cruise terminal and quick walk from the train station upon arrival from the airport.The downside was that the rooms were small and it's a no frills kind of place. It had everything we needed, but nothing more. I would recommend staying there as long as you know what you are getting.

We also stayed one night post cruise at the Anderson. It's located behind central station and Tivoli. We loved our stay here. There was a/c, the room was pretty large and there were tons of extras, including a great breakfast. Also, an easy walk to Tivoli, Christianborg Palace, the Glyptotek and central station to get back to the airport and from the cruise port by public transportation.

Thanks for sharing! Which bus (bus number) did you use to go to the terminal? 

25. It was very easy. It appeared to be the first stop and went directly to Oceankaj. Just buy your ticket in the station before you get on the bus. If you use a credit card you will need a pin at the machine.(I didn't need a pin at the machines in the airport but I did for the other machines, including the one at the pier for the return trip)

1 hour ago, MN'smom said:

25. It was very easy. It appeared to be the first stop and went directly to Oceankaj. Just buy your ticket in the station before you get on the bus. If you use a credit card you will need a pin at the machine.(I didn't need a pin at the machines in the airport but I did for the other machines, including the one at the pier for the return trip)

Thanks again! This is helpful.

We just stayed at the Anderson hotel and the staff was friendly and helpful. It was a great hotel. But just be aware not all rooms have air conditioning and they don’t run as cold as they do in the states. We were there in August and the temperatures were in the low 70s. The room was comfortable.

If you are cruising 2021 then you can book the Dolce by Wyndham.

Its will be located just next to the Orientkaj Metro station and here there will be easy access to downtown Copenhagen with the metro line M4. 

For travelling to the cruise pier (Oceankaj) you can get bus 27 and I'm almost 100% sure that bus 25 will stop here as well.

But we will first know this spring. 

1 hour ago, Danish viking said:

If you are cruising 2021 then you can book the Dolce by Wyndham.

Its will be located just next to the Orientkaj Metro station and here there will be easy access to downtown Copenhagen with the metro line M4. 

For travelling to the cruise pier (Oceankaj) you can get bus 27 and I'm almost 100% sure that bus 25 will stop here as well.

But we will first know this spring. 

Do you really believe that the M4 line will open on time? Does it actually have a scheduled date? These projects rarely come in on time.

Edited by gnome12

This line is very short with 2 stations so its not as complex as M3 and there has been no reports of setbacks or delays of any kind. 

Current scheduled opening is spring 2020 and they will start test runs this fall and winter.

So yes I believe that M4 is operating when Dolce By Wyndham opens in early 2021.

• Thanks 1

On 8/25/2019 at 9:03 AM, MN'smom said:

We just returned from a Baltic Cruise. Pre-cruise we stayed at the Wakeup Copenhagen Borgergrade. It had A/C. We are a family of 4 so were able to get a family room (2 standard rooms with a connecting door), which is hard to get for a decent price in Europe. The location was great, room was clean and the location was perfect for us. F 

Hi MNsmom: I am considering the Wakeup Borgergade family room for our 3 night pre-cruise visit to Copenhagen next August. I was looking at the pictures and was wondering about our 2 boys (19 and 17) and the bed arrangement. Are the beds in one of the 2 room separated, or would the boys be in the same bed? Am also wondering how it worked out with the bathroom and the frosted glass - how much privacy is there?  Thanks!