Missing the ship!!!

AndyMichelle

After breakfast this morning,we waited ages for the lift up to the 7th flr.I said to the Mrs,I read a story on CC where a couple got stuck in a lift and missed the ship,wouldn't it be funny if------bang, we were stuck on our floor.After pressing the alarm for ages and being cut off every time,eventually reception said the fire brigade are on the way.After half an hour the door opened and 2 minutes after that the FB arrived,made us look right idiots but they were sympathetic.Complained to reception about lack of comms in the lift.Bottom line,the HI has all the facilities but are in need of a total refit.We've still got to get all our bags down yet in the only remaining lift,lol.Perhaps I can do a 1st live from a lift.

Edited by brian1

45 minutes ago, brian1 said:

After breakfast this morning,we waited ages for the lift up to the 7th flr.I said to the Mrs,I read a story on CC where a couple got stuck in a lift and missed the ship,wouldn't it be funny if------bang, we were stuck on our floor.After pressing the alarm for ages and being cut off every time,eventually reception said the fire brigade are on the way.After half an hour the door opened and 2 minutes after that the FB arrived,made us look right idiots but they were sympathetic.Complained to reception about lack of comms in the lift.Bottom line,the HI has all the facilities but are in need of a total refit.We've still got to get all our bags down yet in the only remaining lift,lol.Perhaps I can do a 1st live from a lift.

Oh dear, not a great start. I hope that’s the only mishap you have and the you have a thoroughly enjoyable cruise.

P.S. I’m not really jealous 😭 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, daiB said:

Have you not looked at my list below. We may have a sneejky 7 night booked. Next year.

Yes Dai - I had looked and saw you had one for NEXT year, which is why I wondered whether you had thought of doing one THIS year 🙄😄

8 hours ago, brian1 said:

See Brian, when we get the zip wire idea off the ground, you won't ever need the lift again...😀

Hope you are onboard sipping a cocktail right now.

Have a fantastic time,

Andy

3 hours ago, Britboys said:

Yes Dai - I had looked and saw you had one for NEXT year, which is why I wondered whether you had thought of doing one THIS year 🙄😄

You mean on the top of the 5 we have hard/are having.