Princess 3 for Free sale

silversneakers

The “retail” value of the 3-for-free sale is usually the highest value promotion. But, if you don’t drink enough daily to equal the value of the “free drinks” (we are drinkers but don’t come close) the “value” is sometimes not as great as it appears. We find the “Landmark Sale” with it’s $500 of onboard credit for each of us in a balcony cabin ($1,000 total for the two of us) to be the best promotion for us.

Edited by BigGuy25
  • Like 4

I prefer the 3 for free. I find the included tips and booking the best cabin grade for the cheapest (within the category) to work out to the best per person/per day price.  That’s how I compare offers.  The Sip n Sail is good if you were going to purchase the package anyways.  I have never booked under the Landmark  sale because it doesn’t seem to be offered on the cruise we have or when I am actively searching for our next trip.   I drink mostly wine so I bring my own ,DH is the only  one who gets the $ worth from the package.

Rumor has it 3 for free is early September

21 minutes ago, BigGuy25 said:

The “retail” value of the 3-for-free sale is usually the highest value promotion. But, if you don’t drink enough daily to equal the value of the “free drinks” (we are drinkers but don’t come close) the “value” is sometimes not as great as it appears. We find the “Landmark Sale” with it’s $500 of onboard credit for each of us in a balcony cabin ($1,000 total for the two of us) to be the best promotion for us.

I think you are mixing the promotions here.  3FF does not include any drinks packages.  That is the S&S - and I agree that S&S doesn't hold any real value for us.

3FF will begin very shortly after Labor Day weekend and right after Landmark ends.  Stay tuned.

Edited by steelers36
  • Like 2

No way yet to know what the 3FF will include this year ... while Princess may run promos annually using the same name as in the past, doesn't mean the perks will be identical.

Edited by pms4104
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BigGuy25 said:

I will have to investigate that Landmark sale, I am not familiar with it. I am always interested in "gratuities included" along with a nice OBC. We drink, but maybe 2 drinks a night so those "Sip n Sails" are not a good deal for us at all.

We got in on the "three for free" September 2018 for our cruise we took this May.  I also liked the gratuities included, the room upgrade and the $100 per person OBC.  Being it was an Alaskan cruise, we wanted an aft balcony suite.  Neither one of us are drinkers either.  This is probably the way we will go for the next cruise.

If like in recent years the 3FF will be available a day or two after the Landmark Sale ends on 9/3/19.

It’s usually my best booking option but the 3 benefits have varied although the past couple of years it’s been like last year as shown in this link.

https://www.princess.com/news/news_releases/2018/09/Princess-Cruises-3-for-Free-for-Everyone-Sale-Returns-Offering-Onboard-Perks.html

• Like 1

22 hours ago, pms4104 said:

No way yet to know what the 3FF will include this year ... while Princess may run promos annually using the same name as in the past, doesn't mean the perks will be identical.

My TA says it will be free gratuities, OBC, and free upgrade.

25 minutes ago, Adventures ahead said:

The Landmark Sale has a non-refundable deposit so we wouldn't book on this sale.

We usually book on 3FF.  It's almost had the best value until recently when we had a 3FF cruise re-fared at a lower price. Lost the pre-paid tips but the savings were greater overall.  

Landmark Sale, if booked online with Princess, has the non refundable deposit.  I called my TA and she said she could do nonrefundable, refundable, or better yet she had group space which also included some extra OBC and refundable deposit.  

1 hour ago, Adventures ahead said:

The Landmark Sale has a non-refundable deposit so we wouldn't book on this sale.

We recently re-booked an October 2020 booking on the Enchanted when the ‘Landmark” became available. Crazy as it sounds, we were told both the refundable and non-refundable deposits were the same price. Obviously, we chose the refundable.

10 minutes ago, BigGuy25 said:

We recently re-booked an October 2020 booking on the Enchanted when the ‘Landmark” became available. Crazy as it sounds, we were told both the refundable and non-refundable deposits were the same price. Obviously, we chose the refundable.

Same thing for us in the same time period, but a different ship & voyage.

1 hour ago, Adventures ahead said:

We usually book on 3FF.  It's almost had the best value until recently when we had a 3FF cruise re-fared at a lower price. Lost the pre-paid tips but the savings were greater overall.  

These are all of the Rate Codes available for the Landmark Sale on a qualifying Princess sailing.

If you book Princess online you may  only see K7A , non-refundable.

TA's will see them all !

spacer.gif
KD1
spacer.gif
11SEP20
spacer.gif
PRINCESS SAVER FARES - NRD
spacer.gif

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
K7A
spacer.gif
03SEP19
spacer.gif
LANDMARK SALE - 10% NRD
spacer.gif

spacer.gif
NL1
spacer.gif
31DEC20
spacer.gif
N.AMERICA STANDARD PUBLIC FARE
spacer.gif

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
N7A
spacer.gif
03SEP19
spacer.gif
LANDMARK SALE - 10% REF DEPOSIT
spacer.gif

spacer.gif
PA1
spacer.gif
30NOV19
spacer.gif
STANDARD QUALIFIED CAPT CIRCLE SAVINGS
spacer.gif
Automatic
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Z7A
spacer.gif
03SEP19
spacer.gif
LANDMARK SALE GRP PROTECT

Does the 3FF include mini-suites where we get the cheapest M rate regardless of which mini-suite we book? If the answer is yes, can we have our TA refare our existing bookings to get the discount if the math works in our favor?

Edited by Ken the cruiser

On 8/18/2019 at 6:17 AM, PaperSniper4 said:
  • Everyone's wants are different, but yes, I consider Princess' "3 for Free" sale their best. I THINK it will be out sometime in early September

We booked our round trip Alaska from LA for next year under the 3 for free. Then when the landmark sale started our room dropped 500 a person and the 500 each obc more than covered  the lost paid gratuities. Since then our room dropped another 100 a person. It saves to keep checking.

2 hours ago, Adventures ahead said:

You can pay a little extra and get refundable. We paid 30 a person extra to get refundable

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Does the 3FF include mini-suites where we get the cheapest M rate regardless of which mini-suite we book? If the answer is yes, can we have our TA refare our existing bookings to get the discount if the math works in our favor?

It should include mini-suites, and yes you can refare, just contact your TA.  Not sure if clubclass minis would be included, but the regular categories should be.  Of course Princess can change things at anytime!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MTdreaming said:

Does the 3 for free include transatlantic?  We are looking at one under the landmark sale but might wait.  

why not book now with a refundable deposit , get the cabin you want,  then refare if 3FF works out better for you ?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, MTdreaming said:

Does the 3 for free include transatlantic?  We are looking at one under the landmark sale but might wait.  

We’ve had 3FF on TA cruises including for this November which we booked in September 2018.  As posted availability is based on when the cruise sails & based on past years a 3FF offer beginning in September would be for Summer 2020 to Spring 2021 cruises.

6 minutes ago, patrickmoran said:

Exactly when your TA begins may determine whether it would be covered by the 3 For Free. Generally TAs have been included in the promotion. 

• Thanks 1