Champagne on Viking ocean ships

joeinsb

3 hours ago, just_dont said:

Yes, Proseco is included.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It is pretty decent prosecco . A minor annoyance  I find is that you have up to $15 to spend on a glass of wine ( unless it has changed recently) and a glass of champagne is $16. You can’t just pay the extra $1 ; if you want the champagne you have to pay the $16.

Life, however , will go on 🥂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, just_dont said:

Yes, Proseco is included.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, vslparis said:

It is pretty decent prosecco . A minor annoyance  I find is that you have up to $15 to spend on a glass of wine ( unless it has changed recently) and a glass of champagne is $16. You can’t just pay the extra $1 ; if you want the champagne you have to pay the $16.

Life, however , will go on 🥂

To be clear for people - in case the word "included" is confusing . . .

Free:

Every passenger has  wine/beer "included"  for lunch/dinner.   This "includes" the house red/white wine of the day (which varies by day and by cruise itinerary in our experience).  This also "includes"  the house Sparkling Wine.  My wife actually had this about every dinner as she thought it was not that bad.  This does "not include" any Proseco.    To get any Proseco, she was told she'd have to purchase it by the glass or have the Silver Spirits Package.

Costs (not included for free):

Silver Spirits Package - which had different sparking wines and multiple reds/whites AND prosecos.

Without the Package you could always "Purchase" a glass of anything on the drink menu.

We had the Silver Spirits Package on one of our cruises and my wife thought the Proseco was actually very good.

Edited by CCWineLover

We had the SSBP. The sparkling wine/prosecco was marginal.

I had a couple glasses. Not awful but obviously not champagne.

If you love champagne I would recommend bringing your own on board.

I didn't think that you got any sparkling wine unless you purchased the package.

Although on Sunday AM they were serving mimosas in the atrium for everyone on our transatlantic.

On our January cruise, the Viking sparkling wine was included in the SSBP.  It is not champagne, but it is sparkling wine and was good enough for me.  The included prosecco was also good enough for me. I enjoyed both.

My wife enjoyed the additional, better quality wines that were included in the SSBP over the included wines at lunch and dinner.

13 hours ago, imcpa said:

On our January cruise, the Viking sparkling wine was included in the SSBP.  It is not champagne, but it is sparkling wine and was good enough for me.  The included prosecco was also good enough for me. I enjoyed both.

My wife enjoyed the additional, better quality wines that were included in the SSBP over the included wines at lunch and dinner.

It is nice to have a choice of better quality wines when you have the SSBP and it is also nice that Viking allows you to bring outside liquor on board. On our last trip we brought 2 bottles of single malt since we didnt plan on getting the  Silver Spirts package and it was not an issue. We have learned to bring a glass of the SSBP wine from the bar with us to dinner in the main dining room as it seems to take awhile to get menu with the non included  wine brought to the table. If ylu have the beverage package , ylu get to have the upgraded wine pairing in Chef’s Table also which is a nice perk