Drink Package with Friends

kootz

Three friends are sharing a room on a Charter Country Cruise in November. I understand that all have to get the drink package. What I don’t understand is that in order to prepay you can only use one credit card. Is that right????   Are you able to buy on board with each using their own credit card????

2 minutes ago, kootz said:

Three friends are sharing a room on a Charter Country Cruise in November. I understand that all have to get the drink package. What I don’t understand is that in order to prepay you can only use one credit card. Is that right????   Are you able to buy on board with each using their own credit card????

Are you sure it all has to be paid with one credit card?  I recall being offered the opportunity to use multiple credit cards in the past, but maybe that function has been removed in one fo the website improvements?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Host Clarea said:

Are you sure it all has to be paid with one credit card?  I recall being offered the opportunity to use multiple credit cards in the past, but maybe that function has been removed in one fo the website improvements?

If website doesn’t allow this anymore, you could probably call in and they would allow you to use multiple credit cards. 

5 minutes ago, kootz said:

Call Royal directly, they will process multiple

cards 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, precious89904600 said:

I think atleast 2 have to buy drink pkg. but 1 can buy refreshment pkg. if they don't drink alcohol but you can't do it online you would need to call them. Then again not totally sure you may be able to use different cards if you do it when you call. Good luck 

If you Call, not thru the internet interface, if someone in your party doesnt drink (or multiple someones) you can buy one delux, one soda etc.  But everyone in the room must have a package.

13 minutes ago, atush said:

If you Call, not thru the internet interface, if someone in your party doesnt drink (or multiple someones) you can buy one delux, one soda etc.  But everyone in the room must have a package.

I've not heard of them offering the soda package as an alternative when ordering via phone.

I heard this from a few people in the know.  AS sometimes you have a couple and one does not drink alcohol.  But you have to do it via phone.

If they forced a recovering alcoholic to buy a deluxe drink package because their spouse had one- could perhaps cause legal problems?  Dont know the reason really.

Doesnt count for us- we both drink lol

5 minutes ago, atush said:

I heard this from a few people in the know.  AS sometimes you have a couple and one does not drink alcohol.  But you have to do it via phone.

If they forced a recovering alcoholic to buy a deluxe drink package because their spouse had one- could perhaps cause legal problems?  Dont know the reason really.

Right, but in my experience the non-drinker has to buy the refreshment package; there's been no recorded instances to my knowledge where they allowed the non-drinker to only get the soda package

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, atush said:

Are you sure they didn't have to purchase the refreshment package, not the soda package??

23 minutes ago, atush said:

I realize not everyone drinks, but I have never heard of calling and being allowed to get a soda package instead of the alcohol package.  I do know one can get the Refreshment package instead of the alcohol package, but that is very different from just the soda package.

• Like 1