September Atlantic cruise clothing

jofred

Leaving out of Baltimore in mid-September.  Once we get to Bermuda we're OK BUT what is the clothing for the cruise to and from-  we are definitely outdoor people.  and plan to be outside on deck as much as we can.  we will experience constant Atlantic wind?  We have cruised the Caribbean, EWS and do great in bathing suits, shorts etc.  thanks 

I haven't cruised your area, but if you're on deck and the ship is moving, you will experience it as wind. I would say bring what you would wear in the spring in Minnesota -- something to cover your ears and a lined windbreaker or the like -- with pockets for your hands. Maybe someone will be along to help you decide between a lined windbreaker and a wind-resistant light fleece...

Yes, there will be wind - just like on sea days in the Caribbean. Whether it's hot or cold really depends on the the weather that particular week. September could be really chilly or quite warm. If it's chilly they'll put lap robes (blankets) on the pool deck so you can always sit in the sun. And there are lots of spaces on the pool deck that are protected from the wind. The sun will still be warm in September. 

But I'd definitely have something that breaks the wind, something that covers the ears and gloves. Nothing is worse than cold ears and hands.

• 2 weeks later...