Cruise lines with corner aft cabins

Veinless

We love Carnival’s corner aft cabins on ships like the Glory and Sunshine, but don’t enjoy the Carnival experience. What other cruise lines have corner aft cabins with the wrap around balcony?

We’ve tried Celebrity’s S-class corner suites. The Celebrity experience was great but the balcony wasn’t as nice as Carnival’s. We’ve booked two more in these suites, but are not loyal to any specific cruise line. 

1 hour ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Actually, most cruise line's ships do.  Along with being popular, aft facing corner balconies are common on most ships. And on a number of ships they are among the most expensive real estate on board.

I have struggled with some deck plans that make it look like the corner cabins have traditional side balconies rather than wrap-around. I would find that so disappointing!

1 hour ago, Veinless said:

I have struggled with some deck plans that make it look like the corner cabins have traditional side balconies rather than wrap-around. I would find that so disappointing!

I guess the distinction I am making is with aft facing balcony staterooms that are in a corner location - not side facing balcony staterooms that happen to be far aft in a corner area. 

True aft facing corner staterooms by definition have full aft facing balconies or wrap around types.  Any with side facing balconies only  are not aft facing, but simply far aft side location balcony staterooms.  

But most aft corner staterooms in my experience with RCI and Celebrity, as example, are also aft facing with aft facing or wrap around balconies.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Coral Princess is a great example of where I find the deck plans confusing. These are from Princess's website:

This is deck 8. To me, it looks like the balcony faces port and that's it.

image.png.ea01d7745505060292c8b1d0765a0e22.png

Same goes for decks 9, 10, and 11:

image.png.7b0a6f0802cd6179e067a69e8c1945d0.png

1 hour ago, Veinless said:

Coral Princess is a great example of where I find the deck plans confusing. These are from Princess's website:

This is deck 8. To me, it looks like the balcony faces port and that's it.

image.png.ea01d7745505060292c8b1d0765a0e22.png

Same goes for decks 9, 10, and 11:

image.png.7b0a6f0802cd6179e067a69e8c1945d0.png

Assuming the actual reference shown is with E730-E736 on the port side of the ship with the aft of the ship toward the E736 placement and forward being in the direction from there of E730, then you would be correct and those balconies would only face the port side.  E736 has some curvature aft, but would not be wrap around.  Ditto D724/726 as port facing, with D726 perhaps having a partial aft view.  And, sorry, to me that is very clear and not confusing at all.

But again, these are aft side stateroom locations with none of them being aft facing corner locations.  Therefore no aft facing or wrap around balconies.  Those would only typically exist with aft facing locations as indicated previously. (Which would be in the general location and facing direction of E732 if the fore/aft reference indicated is correct).

Edited by leaveitallbehind