Princess Club Class

Debate

I was seated a couple of times next to the CC section and all I saw was people eating the same food as my  section. I was not impressed with the precooked pasta show that was prepared near us. As far as waits go,  I have never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a seat in no class section 😎 Guess it is worth it for the ego massage when you tell the non-cruising folks back home "We sailed in Club Class!"

Edited by Doug R.

The two extra dishes served in Club Class dining are not always just pasta.  Sometimes one  is an appetizer or salad.  Sometimes one will be a special desert.  The entre choices have all been great.  I especially like the lobster thermidor.

I would not give any weight to the opinion of those who have not tried Club Class dining.  It is up to you and you alone if you want to spend the extra money for less likelihood of waiting for a table and having the option of two extra items on your menu.

We had Club Class dining when we took an upsell to a suite. We weren't thrilled by it. The extra dishes were very good, but not worth the money it would cost to upgrade from a regular mini. We usually have traditional dining and prefer having the same people with us so we get to know them. In Club Class, they don't have shared tables unless you meet others and arrange to show up at the same time and request a table together. On one cruise, we had a mother and daughter at our traditional table. They were in a suite and didn't find out about Club Class dining until a few days into the cruise. They decided to stick with us because they liked dining with others as well.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, marden1970 said:

Is there a menu outside the entrance to Club Class dining that will show what the extra dishes will be for that meal?

No your wait staff will tell you verbally when they give you your menu. 

We've sailed club class on the CB a few times - the extra dishes were a lot more than just pasta. 

Each night there was a "table side" prepped item (on the cart in the dining room) - like a pasta, a dessert or other appetizer. And there was an additional "Chef's special" item - these ranged from shrimps, to steaks, to lobster.

At breakfast, there was usually an additional item and everything other lunch as well. 

Service was outstanding and the head server often sent special dishes to our table (calamari, grilled shrimps, etc.) She also offered to make us anything we wanted (mac and cheese for my dad) and saved us our favourite lunch desserts (eclairs, peach crumble) to be served at dinner.

Some of the extra choices we had:

38978322692_44b5c1e55b_c.jpg

48584284941_feae022c04_c.jpg

48584432952_676d3c0a9d_c.jpg

48584435647_860ed89f42_c.jpg

48584437132_f4957312b2_c.jpg

48584438342_6d3d790cff_c.jpg

48584438917_8e9cff482e_c.jpg

48584439767_d0200f6972_c.jpg

• Like 4

The expense of "club class" dining is excessive compared to using that same difference between a regular mini and a CC mini and eating in a specialty restaurant every sea nigh on a transatlantic.  Worse if you are in the Caribbean or Mediterranean.  The buffets on the Royal class ships are exceptional and offer wonderful dining options.  Plus, no waiting!

On 8/18/2019 at 12:48 PM, Debate said:

Is Club class in a Princess mini suite worth the additional cost?  Do you have access to concierge and the areas the suites have on the ship?  

Not to us. No on the second question

On 8/18/2019 at 7:23 PM, nukesubsailor said:

The two extra dishes served in Club Class dining are not always just pasta.  Sometimes one  is an appetizer or salad.  Sometimes one will be a special desert.  The entre choices have all been great.  I especially like the lobster thermidor.

I would not give any weight to the opinion of those who have not tried Club Class dining.  It is up to you and you alone if you want to spend the extra money for less likelihood of waiting for a table and having the option of two extra items on your menu.

We have tried it and feel it is not worth the extra money.

4 hours ago, meatloafsfan said:

We've sailed club class on the CB a few times - the extra dishes were a lot more than just pasta. 

Each night there was a "table side" prepped item (on the cart in the dining room) - like a pasta, a dessert or other appetizer. And there was an additional "Chef's special" item - these ranged from shrimps, to steaks, to lobster.

At breakfast, there was usually an additional item and everything other lunch as well. 

Service was outstanding and the head server often sent special dishes to our table (calamari, grilled shrimps, etc.) She also offered to make us anything we wanted (mac and cheese for my dad) and saved us our favourite lunch desserts (eclairs, peach crumble) to be served at dinner.

Some of the extra choices we had:

38978322692_44b5c1e55b_c.jpg

48584284941_feae022c04_c.jpg

48584432952_676d3c0a9d_c.jpg

48584435647_860ed89f42_c.jpg

48584437132_f4957312b2_c.jpg

48584438342_6d3d790cff_c.jpg

48584438917_8e9cff482e_c.jpg

48584439767_d0200f6972_c.jpg

man ! thats a lotta food.

• Haha 1

We have enjoyed Club Class dining several times. I busted my ass for over 50 years to be able to enjoy my retirement. If I want to pop for a suite or a club class mini that is my prerogative just as it is somebody else's to say they wouldn't waste the money.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

When we go on a family cruise, like we just did on the Crown, it was nice having a CC dining area to go to with the same wait staff and no waiting to get seated at our table for 5. However, we usually ate around 5:15, so it was pretty quiet until around 6:30. 

However, when it's just us two, we just book a mini-suite and reserve an early fixed seating table for 2 in the MDR as the menus are the same except for the extra dish which really wasn't all that memorable except for the lobster thermador one evening. If we got back late from an excursion, we just go up to the buffet and eat there.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

We like Anytime Dining though after one cruise where we waited 40 minutes each evening for a table, we gave up and went back to Traditional until C.C. was introduced. Since then we have never had to wait for a table.  We like that we can have a table for two without any hassle and that we are well looked after by the serving staff.  We have had "specials" both for breakfast and for dinner which we normally don't partake of, though earlier this year when we were on the Sun,  we were offered lobster for a main course and it definitely wasn't on the normal menu as it wasn't a formal night. We have also had a "special" for dessert.

Of late we have been cruising on the Sun and Sea Princesses and we will be back on the Pacific Princess next year. Those mini suites are large and so different from the other ships that adding Club Class is an extra bonus. We will be on the Grand in 2021 for 38 days in a Mini and that will be a test as I am not so enamoured of not having a covering over our balcony.

We are lucky that we have so many choices when booking a cruise and it is definitely each to their own.

Jennie

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Colorado Coasty said:

Yes I did, but what I don't need is somebody telling me why I made a bad decision.

Coasty, no bad decisions.  Just people offering their opinions.  Me and my spouse dislike anything to do with the MDR.  Too noisy, slow service, sometimes poorly cooked food.  Taking two hours for a meal no longer interests us.  Cost is not an issue for not using Club dining.  We were able to book full suites for next year's Enchanted Med and TA.  Comes with Club Dining.  Doubt if we will ever see the MDR.  Too many other good options for us.  Regards

Edited by Ride-The-Waves
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Colorado Coasty said:

We have enjoyed Club Class dining several times. I busted my ass for over 50 years to be able to enjoy my retirement. If I want to pop for a suite or a club class mini that is my prerogative just as it is somebody else's to say they wouldn't waste the money.

My sentiments exactly!  I drove used cars when I could not afford a new car but at no time did I resent those who could afford a new car.  While I envied their ability to afford a new car, I never resorted to class warfare comments about them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nukesubsailor said:

... I never resorted to class warfare comments about them.

You mean like this one:

Guess it is worth it for the ego massage when you tell the non-cruising folks back home "We sailed in Club Class!"

Jim

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Understand the boundaries to evaluate the benefits: if you travel on your own, prefer anytime dining, tend to not sit with others at meals, and/or tend to dine in the hot traffic time of 5:45 to 6:45 (such that 5:30 or 7:00 is too early/too late for you), it's for you. If you travel with others who won't be in CC, you can't pull them into CC.

I like CC on the Royal class ships because of the larger balcony.  We are big on using the balcony.  However, we have voyage on the Crown in June 2020 and despite the other benefits, we have opted not to do CC.  The other benefits are nice and we did like walking into DR with no wait, but you have to measure cost vs. benefit and that will differ from one person to another and one cruise to another.  Happy sailing!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jasbo49 said:

You mean like this one:

Guess it is worth it for the ego massage when you tell the non-cruising folks back home "We sailed in Club Class!"

Jim

They will be even more impressed if you say "We sailed in Club Class and in Medallion Class."

On 8/18/2019 at 12:00 PM, AF-1 said:

You won't have to wait for a table;  I have been on two cruises using club class; and never waited for a table and enjoyed the same meals as everyone else; on  a few nights they made pasta right at my table.  That was nice

We have done 6 or more cruises in a suite since club class started.   On last three cruises, we did have to wait for a table numerous times.  We like 7:30 to 8:00 which seemed to be the busiest time period.   On the CB, they added more club class cabins and to help solve the wait issue, they added a couple more tables across the aisle from the club class section.  We did not want to sit there - did not have the same feel so we went back to Crooners and they came to get us when a table was free.