Princess Club Class

Debate

58 minutes ago, HUNNY BUN said:

We have just rebooked our Alaska cruise for 2021.  Had to change from the Grand to the Royal, and went from 1 Grand Suite to 2 Club Class suites (M107 & M108).  Would love to see photos and hear all your details of those two cabins!!

Well, first they aren't suites-just Club Class mini-suites.  They are by far our very favorite cabins on the Royal Class ships because the cabin has 2 rooms (living room, bedroom) and the balconies are just incredibly massive.  The Lido Deck ones are very big but the Marina Deck ones are the biggest.  WAY bigger than any aft cabin including suites.  I think the 2 new Sky Suites on the Sky Princess are the only 2 balconies that are bigger.  This is M-108 on the Sky:

IMG_2106.JPG

IMG_2108.JPG

IMG_2109.JPG

IMG_2107.JPG

• Thanks 1

For us, club class either attached to a midship mini suite or a full suite has become a must for a relaxing cruise. The fact that you can come back from an excursion , shower, dress and turn up for dinner anytime between 5 and 9ish with no pressure, be seated immediately with a smile and a welcome is fabulous. The experience is more like more expensive cruise lines like Oceania and Regent. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Treasure Hunter said:

For us, club class either attached to a midship mini suite or a full suite has become a must for a relaxing cruise. The fact that you can come back from an excursion , shower, dress and turn up for dinner anytime between 5 and 9ish with no pressure, be seated immediately with a smile and a welcome is fabulous. The experience is more like more expensive cruise lines like Oceania and Regent. 

Yes but the full suite gives you breakfast at Sabatinis.  Nothing better

• Like 2

19 hours ago, HUNNY BUN said:

We have just rebooked our Alaska cruise for 2021.  Had to change from the Grand to the Royal, and went from 1 Grand Suite to 2 Club Class suites (M107 & M108).  Would love to see photos and hear all your details of those two cabins!!

You must be heartbroken.   I have been trying to rebook out canceled Alaskan cruise but have not been having any luck with their website.   As soon as I find the cruisetour that I like, it comes up as technical difficulties or no pricing available.   I am trying to book a grand suite.   We were booked in one corner owners suite on the Pacific Princess.  And I am afraid they will send her down under and never bring her back.   Most Alaskan cruises in June say their suites are sold out.   I am getting very frustrated.  There also seems to be tons of cruisetours offered.  And I can't find any difference in some of them.

13 hours ago, memoak said:

I disagree.   Since club class came along, Sabitinis has not been the same.  We do long cruises so we use to get to know the staff and other passengers.  It use to be like a big family that you stop and talk to coming and going.   Now, the staff changes every few days and they seem too busy to talk.  The staff in Club Class has been much better so we have been going down there for breakfast.

18 hours ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Well, first they aren't suites-just Club Class mini-suites.  They are by far our very favorite cabins on the Royal Class ships because the cabin has 2 rooms (living room, bedroom) and the balconies are just incredibly massive.  The Lido Deck ones are very big but the Marina Deck ones are the biggest.  WAY bigger than any aft cabin including suites.  I think the 2 new Sky Suites on the Sky Princess are the only 2 balconies that are bigger.  This is M-108 on the Sky:

IMG_2106.JPG

IMG_2108.JPG

IMG_2109.JPG

IMG_2107.JPG

But they are too windy to use while underway.

14 hours ago, memoak said:

I love breakfast in Sabatini's too, also the free laundry you get with a full suite not to mention the extra space . But if you only want to book a mini-suite, the club class dining is worth  the up charge ( in my opinion).

2 hours ago, compozer said:

But they are too windy to use while underway.

Yes, I can be but it depends on the strength and direction of the wind.  We've used them while underway.  If it's a head-wind, then we move to the side.  If it's a side-wind, we move to the front.  

2 hours ago, compozer said:

I disagree.   Since club class came along, Sabitinis has not been the same.  We do long cruises so we use to get to know the staff and other passengers.  It use to be like a big family that you stop and talk to coming and going.   Now, the staff changes every few days and they seem too busy to talk.  The staff in Club Class has been much better so we have been going down there for breakfast.

The only time we noticed staff changes was on a cruise that could’ve booked as a back to back. Otherwise we have usually had the same staff for the entirety of 14 - 21 day cruises and sometimes they are more chatty than we want to deal with at 9 am

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Yes, I can be but it depends on the strength and direction of the wind.  We've used them while underway.  If it's a head-wind, then we move to the side.  If it's a side-wind, we move to the front.  

I really would like to try one sometime but I always go back to the stern

4 hours ago, memoak said:

The only time we noticed staff changes was on a cruise that could’ve booked as a back to back. Otherwise we have usually had the same staff for the entirety of 14 - 21 day cruises and sometimes they are more chatty than we want to deal with at 9 am

I suppose it depends on the ship but our cruises have all been over 5 week ones.   We will still check out Sabitinis first but it is kind of nice to a choice of two locations.

We have been cruising with Princess since 1990.  3 years ago we tried Club Class on the Star Princess and loved it for all the reasons mentioned by others.  But one major positive for us was that the tables were placed further apart than in the MDR making it easier to talk.  We will be on the Coral in 2021 for our 15th Alaska cruise and have booked a Club Class mini suite, one of only three left for a cruise that is one year away.

Yes! Another good reason for Club Class. We are booked on the Sky for January 2021 and the Enchanted  ( Med) for October 2021. I hope we can go. Both are Aft suites. We have never been in an Aft suite ( all the Penthouse suites are taken). I'm worried about soot and the long walk.  If we couldn't get that, we  would do the Club Class mini-suite.  As Elite , we get the free laundry etc. anyway.

After reading through much of this thread, I'm really excited now for my first Club Class mini-suite.  I booked it as a surprise to my wife for our 25th (she thinks I only booked a regular balcony).  I like how the balcony on this cabin just out a bit, giving us a nice clear view.

Why do we like Club Class and for that matter Aqua Class.  It has to do with the shows.  How does one get to dine, and see the shows, especially in Princess when the theaters fill up very quickly.  We have found that the absence of waiting for a table, either dining before, or after the show is a lot easy if you can just walk into the dining room without a wait.  

That made a big big difference for us. 

In addition, we did feel that the level of service as well as the fact that we usually got to be seated next to a window was something we enjoyed. 

Edited by stevenr597
Add another sentence

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/17/2020 at 11:27 AM, compozer said:

You must be heartbroken.   I have been trying to rebook out canceled Alaskan cruise but have not been having any luck with their website.   As soon as I find the cruisetour that I like, it comes up as technical difficulties or no pricing available.   I am trying to book a grand suite.   We were booked in one corner owners suite on the Pacific Princess.  And I am afraid they will send her down under and never bring her back.   Most Alaskan cruises in June say their suites are sold out.   I am getting very frustrated.  There also seems to be tons of cruisetours offered.  And I can't find any difference in some of them.

Yes, I must say we were heartbroken!!  We did our rebooking in April, as soon as they cancelled our cruise for this year.  (Still haven't received our FCC or anything on that, by the way).  But we are waiting patiently.  As for the cruise tour, it took us a long time LAST year when we were planning for this summer to decide, but once we did and then had to rebook, I wanted to stick with the same tour number we had so I wouldn't have to research everything again.  Then, based on that tour number, we then started looking at what ships offered it and the dates.  We obviously didn't get our same ship, nor dates, going from July to June, but at least we're booked with some what should be nice suites and a beautiful ship.  I hope everything works out for your trip!!

On 5/16/2020 at 4:40 PM, DrivesLikeMario said:

IMG_2106.JPG

IMG_2108.JPG

IMG_2109.JPG

IMG_2107.JPG

Oh, thank you so much for sharing these photos.  These look very nice!!  

• Like 1

Since everyone else is giving their opinion...

We have always 'prided' ourselves on not booking CC mini suites because of how much extra it was and therefore how much money we were saving.  However, it turns out Princess is a whole lot smarter than what we give them credit for because on our last cruise we were upgraded from our Premium Deluxe Balcony to a CC mini suite.  It was on the Sky and about 2 days into our cruise so we'd already stood in line both nights waiting for a table.  THEN...enter the experience of Club Class.  Not only did we have a great stateroom location but there was the half bottles of wine awaiting us in our stateroom.  Every night when going down to the dining room we got to walk right past everyone else standing in line waiting to get a table and get seated right away.  Plus the Club Class maitre 'd has been top-notch in both of our experiences.  Now we see what the big deal is.  Aaaaaand of course now we are way more open to booking Club Class.       Dang it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Triptkr said:

Since everyone else is giving their opinion...

We have always 'prided' ourselves on not booking CC mini suites because of how much extra it was and therefore how much money we were saving.  However, it turns out Princess is a whole lot smarter than what we give them credit for because on our last cruise we were upgraded from our Premium Deluxe Balcony to a CC mini suite.  It was on the Sky and about 2 days into our cruise so we'd already stood in line both nights waiting for a table.  THEN...enter the experience of Club Class.  Not only did we have a great stateroom location but there was the half bottles of wine awaiting us in our stateroom.  Every night when going down to the dining room we got to walk right past everyone else standing in line waiting to get a table and get seated right away.  Plus the Club Class maitre 'd has been top-notch in both of our experiences.  Now we see what the big deal is.  Aaaaaand of course now we are way more open to booking Club Class.       Dang it.

I must research this - probably I am too frugal but Balcony is more than adequate for us. We were upgraded to Mini Suite once on Grand Class ship and must say extra space and love seat seemed no big deal. Looking at 10 day New England, Mini Suite is $940 more than a Balcony, Club is a further $1,400. So $2,340 for Club over Balcony.

Where available I always book early for my cruise(when it first opens up) and if available on the ship in question, I book a WS (Category S7, Window Suite).  It is treated like a regular suite but it doesn't have a balcony.  For example, on our upcoming cruise in March, 2021 on the Sky, we booked very early and got one of the two WS's (S108 and S107).  Since we booked early the fare pp is only $115 more than a midship mini if booked today (NOT a cc mini, just a regular mini).  Several times the price of a WS ends up being less than a CCmini and occasionally even a regular mini!  I love my WS's!  If not available, then I get a M6 category CC mini-suite usually either M107 or M108.  These as you see above are great rooms!  So if I have to book an M6, I get a balcony but give up my suite breakfasts in the specialty restaurant which have been fantastic and the staff great so far (last cruise ended on September, 2019.

Pooh

• 1 month later...

My sister & bro-in-law love CC.  They always had the same waiters in the dining room and when my bro-in-law mentioned that he liked spicier food, the kitchen made him special dishes every night.  It's worth it to them.  For me, not worth the money.

I much prefer club class. The service is exceptional. The staff go out of there way to please you. We have asked a few times for items not on the menu and we were gladly accommodated. I asked one night if Sea Bass would be on the menu in the next few days as it is my favourite fish. The head waiter spoke with the chef and it was added the next night as the special item! My husband and I really enjoy cooking and discuss recipes with the staff, this seems to prompt more interest from the head waiter and the chef who will come to our table frequently to discuss the menu. That’s is so enjoyable for us and worth every extra penny!