Oasis Refurb

20 minutes ago, minnie00 said:

are they doing room refurbishments? carpet? bedding?

20 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Only as they deem necessary.

But earlier in this thread (or somewhere else) a member said that an officer onboard her recent RCI cruise told her the cabins would look more like those of Harmony/Symphony. Although I do understand the practicality issues with this, I do not understand why an officer would say that without evidence to support it.

5 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

But earlier in this thread (or somewhere else) a member said that an officer onboard her recent RCI cruise told her the cabins would look more like those of Harmony/Symphony. Although I do understand the practicality issues with this, I do not understand why an officer would say that without evidence to support it.

I think the new staterooms will look like those on Harmony, but I seriously doubt they will redo the existing 2500 staterooms.

17 minutes ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Cruise planner will not allow both comedy shows to be booked. When trying to book the second one, the modify message appears although the live and theatre shows are different.

I was able to book both a show in the comedy club and the one in the theatre on day 7 for the Oasis on Dec 22.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

The Opal Theater version is normally the "family" version.

Oasis used to have two. The early one was family and the late one was typical of other ships late night comedy shows. Neither took reservations 

On 9/16/2019 at 8:48 PM, CruiszBug said:

There are 4 shows available to book as of today: Frozen in Time (ice show); Stand up Comedy (comedy live); Cats; and Stand up Comedy (Opal theatre). I imagine the Aquatheatre show will be added by and by. All of these were available for Dec 1, 8, and 15th sailings on Oasis.

14 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Also available for Dec 22

15 hours ago, CruisinCons said:

They finally showed up for us last night. 

13 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Aquatheater and the shows are probably getting some upgrades and added technology.  The shows may be changing in name, length, etc. and they haven't finalized things. 

The Nov 24 sailing has comedy, headliner, CATS, and the ice skating shows available to book so far.

The shows were added today for the Dec 29th sailing, well except Oasis of Dreams.  Seems kind of strange but guess just have to wait and see. It would be surprising for there not to be a diving show after refurb.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Cruise planner will not allow both comedy shows to be booked. When trying to book the second one, the modify message appears although the live and theatre shows are different.

I was able to book two.  The first I was able to choose the day & showing, but the second it gave me only one choice - Day 7 at 10:00 PM.

Have all Oasis class ships gotten rid of the Headliner show or just Symphony? 

I won't see Cats again and would guess many are in the same "boat" and would at least like THIS ship, which is showing the same ole CATS, to keep an option for a headliner show some nights. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CP3o said:

Have all Oasis class ships gotten rid of the Headliner show or just Symphony? 

I won't see Cats again and would guess many are in the same "boat" and would at least like THIS ship, which is showing the same ole CATS, to keep an option for a headliner show some nights. 

Cats is not the headliner show, it’s the broadway show, and none of the Oasis (or Freedom) class ships have eliminated these (Symphony has Hairspray)

45 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Cats is not the headliner show, it’s the broadway show, and none of the Oasis (or Freedom) class ships have eliminated these (Symphony has Hairspray)

I think you have misunderstood their post.  As they don’t want to see Cats they are hoping that Royal hasn’t eliminated the headliner show as they have on Symphony which would be less entertainment. 

On 9/18/2019 at 12:30 AM, CruisinCons said:

Anyone have an idea of how many hibatchi tables there are in Izumi?  Trying to plan dinner for our group one night.

There were 3 tables.

When we ate there last week there were only 6 of us on one table in the whole restaurant!.  Our table seated 14. 2 at each end and 5 each side.

Edited by little britain

4 hours ago, little britain said:

There were 3 tables.

When we ate there last week there were only 6 of us on one table in the whole restaurant!.  Our table seated 14. 2 at each end and 5 each side.

The tables are only 3 sided as the grill is in the centre.  Ideally they seat 8 but they do cram 10 in. This picture shows the 3 Izumi tables  as they are set up on Oasis class ships 

089AC2D2-7F22-4138-8D49-85905A8FF772.png

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1