Oasis Refurb

1 minute ago, MichiganMan4 said:

Curious to see if they’ll update the ship so that RFID / Wow Bands can be used.  

My guess is yes but put the odds at 70/30.  

Does any else have a thought? Or even better inside info?

If they do that, they should also add the capability to use your phone as a digital key as can be done on Spectrum.

14 minutes ago, MichiganMan4 said:

Curious to see if they’ll update the ship so that RFID / Wow Bands can be used.  

My guess is yes but put the odds at 70/30.  

Does any else have a thought? Or even better inside info?

Based on all the other ships that have been amplified and not having the RFID / Wow bands added I’d put the odds of them putting it on Oasis somewhere close to O%. 

The idea is that if you use them you don’t have to carry around your seapass card.  One of the biggest expenses would be upgrading the locks on the passenger cabin doors. 

45 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Based on all the other ships that have been amplified and not having the RFID / Wow bands added I’d put the odds of them putting it on Oasis somewhere close to O%. 

The idea is that if you use them you don’t have to carry around your seapass card.  One of the biggest expenses would be upgrading the locks on the passenger cabin doors. 

If they buy the equipment,  I'd charge only $10 per stateroom for the installation.  Yeah, it may take a while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The argument for upgrading them would be to have a consistent experience across the class.  None of the other amplified ships have had existing ships in the same class with RFID technology.  Royal Caribbean has already drawn a line making Oasis & Quantum classes a premium product to the older ships (i.e. suite experience), so making them all RFID capable would not be out of the question.

On 10/2/2019 at 9:57 AM, Pratique said:

It's not the cranes I'm worried about, it's the holes they've cut in the hull and those ghastly slides. Poor ship.

I so agree with you. I know they are loved by many. I just wish they could have left  one of the "Sisters" unmarred with the ugliness of them. It totally changes the beautiful aesthetic of the ship for me.  ( I know I am in the minority just My Humble Opinion)

On 10/8/2019 at 3:06 PM, timf2001 said:

The Solarium should be expanded to include the entire roof of the new cabin area, including the bridge wings, but until it's done we won't know for sure.

All they really need to do is just move the open space that used to be in front of Adventure Ocean up to 15 in front of the Solarium.  No need to reconfigure the roof as far as I can tell. Just add some doors.

Seems to me that layout would get more traffic

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lloyd555 said:

More views of the new cabin area and 'extended' deck 15 above the bridge.

FB_IMG_1570669819383.jpg

This photo by angelrio_93

20191009_121034.jpg

That picture pretty much shows that there will be no bridge wing access on deck 14.  Looks like it will be entirely the new ultimate panoramic suite.  Whether there is wing access on deck 15 we will have to wait and see. 

• Like 1

On October 9, 2019 at 10:31 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

That picture pretty much shows that there will be no bridge wing access on deck 14.  Looks like it will be entirely the new ultimate panoramic suite.  Whether there is wing access on deck 15 we will have to wait and see. 

May be it will look like this. Wing access from deck 15.

image.png

• Like 2

On 10/9/2019 at 7:51 PM, The sea calls my name said:

I so agree with you. I know they are loved by many. I just wish they could have left  one of the "Sisters" unmarred with the ugliness of them. It totally changes the beautiful aesthetic of the ship for me.  ( I know I am in the minority just My Humble Opinion)

I agree 100%, especially the purple one.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

They really dont need to change the Solarium,  just add a door or two

6 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

I second that. It would be nice to still have that open deck space forward and on the wings to walk out to. 

But then again, it would be nice to extend the Solarium Roof as it blocks the wind which can be fierce at sea.

Edited by jbethel11
Fixed positions
  • Like 1