Oasis Refurb

On 10/9/2019 at 3:15 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

The idea is that if you use them you don’t have to carry around your seapass card. 

Without the cards there is no need for lanyards. I think that they have too many lanyards in inventory to sell.................I see thousands for sale in the terminals and in  on board shops.

On 9/30/2019 at 8:59 AM, Frankmac said:

I've heard that the Champagne Bar will be replaced with a Bionic bar. What a crime!

Totally agree!!! Just off Symphony and truly missed the Beautiful Champagne Bar. The Bionic Bar is a one-off drink novelty. Such a shame.

59 minutes ago, Oakman said:

Totally agree!!! Just off Symphony and truly missed the Beautiful Champagne Bar. The Bionic Bar is a one-off drink novelty. Such a shame.

I was on Allure a few weeks ago and we were having a cocktail there and we noticed how very worn the furniture was. 

It is going to replaced by a Bionic bar. My granddaughter loved the Bionic bar!  I saw a lot of kids with Shirley Temple like drinks made by the robotic arms.

2 hours ago, Oakman said:

That's what we had on Harmony, and we felt the loss.  Vintages was a good substitute, and the bionic bar seldom had more than a few people in it.

1 hour ago, Judyrem said:

I was on Allure a few weeks ago and we were having a cocktail there and we noticed how very worn the furniture was. 

It is going to replaced by a Bionic bar. My granddaughter loved the Bionic bar!  I saw a lot of kids with Shirley Temple like drinks made by the robotic arms.

I have never seen the Champagne Bar be very busy.  My granddaughter also loves Shirley Temples from the bionic bar

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, flamingos said:

That's what we had on Harmony, and we felt the loss.  Vintages was a good substitute, and the bionic bar seldom had more than a few people in it.

Honestly, it was packed at night when we did Harmony this summer

• Like 1

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Similar situation here, every ship we go on with a Bionic Bar it is very popular;  subsequently those remaining Champagne Bars are a good place to take a nap usually. 

They were nice to hang out in for early departure.  Suite perk

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Honestly, it was packed at night when we did Harmony this summer

Same on Symphony. It was easily our favorite bar and DW, her best friend, and best friend's boyfriend loved concocting various drinks and trying them out. Comparatively when the four of us were on Oasis we never set foot in the Champagne Bar.

Thanks @Lloyd555 for the additional Solarium / suite pictures.   I'm disappointed that the Soalrium will not be built out further but it's not my ship and not my money.  It won't effect my enjoyment of my upcoming cruise in Oasis.

My gripe is, if they try to do the same thing with adding these suites on Harmony or Symphony,  will they cut up the Solarium and make it smaller?

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Similar situation here, every ship we go on with a Bionic Bar it is very popular;  subsequently those remaining Champagne Bars are a good place to take a nap usually. 

We felt the same way on Anthem. Additionally, it’s built for social media posts and free advertisement.

26 minutes ago, soremekun said:

My gripe is, if they try to do the same thing with adding these suites on Harmony or Symphony,  will they cut up the Solarium and make it smaller?

For HM and SY, that would require an entirely new configuration for the solarium and the roof, and I personally don’t think it will happen. It is a much simpler change on OA and AL.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

For HM and SY, that would require an entirely new configuration for the solarium and the roof, and I personally don’t think it will happen. It is a much simpler change on OA and AL.

As of now, Allure isn't even shown as receiving these new cabins (or the ones in place of the Diamond Club).  I wouldn't be surprised if that changes before dry dock though.  They may just be waiting to see how the modification goes on Oasis.

10 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

As of now, Allure isn't even shown as receiving these new cabins (or the ones in place of the Diamond Club).  I wouldn't be surprised if that changes before dry dock though.  They may just be waiting to see how the modification goes on Oasis.

Does Allure have new deck plans yet?

5 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

If you can get out of the very low chairs.😲😉