Oasis Refurb

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They are only on for the Nov 24 and Dec 1 sailings.

I’m on-board on the week before you and it will be L.A.Vation a U2 tribute band playing in the music hall.

My family is on the 12/22 sailing. Ken, did you get this info from the cruise line? I have been searching tribute bands on the web to see who would be playing and sent Royal an email but have not received a reply. On the L.A.Vation website it says they are in the Netherlands on 12/23, so they would have to meet the ship in a port after that? I am a part time rock musician, and unfortunately for me, U2 is not one of my favorite bands😊.

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I’m on-board on the week before you and it will be L.A.Vation a U2 tribute band playing in the music hall.

Double post

Edited by rotty2
double post

33 minutes ago, rotty2 said:

My family is on the 12/22 sailing. Ken, did you get this info from the cruise line? I have been searching tribute bands on the web to see who would be playing and sent Royal an email but have not received a reply. On the L.A.Vation website it says they are in the Netherlands on 12/23, so they would have to meet the ship in a port after that? I am a part time rock musician, and unfortunately for me, U2 is not one of my favorite bands😊.

I had sent Royal an e mail and received a response a couple of days ago.  That does certainly seem odd with the schedule that is posted on the bands website but I suppose that the band could meet up with the ship in San Juan. 

Hello Ken,

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

The following entertainment is currently scheduled for the December 22, 2019 sailing of the Oasis of the Seas:

Music Hall L.A.Vation
Headliner Ronn Lucas Ventriloquist
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Do you know why they played n 270 and not the music hall, that seems strange

When I was on Anthem last year DSB Band played several shows - at least one in the Music Hall and then one in Two70.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

We saw L.A. Vation last month on Anthem. i thought that they were very good.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2019 at 8:13 PM, John&LaLa said:

I like about halfway back, I find my field of vision is compromised if to close.

However, aisle is still the most important.

Also, the left side of left aisle is my first choice 

You are the Cats expert so I am going to do what you recommend.

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Thanks, we are looking forward to it.

Do you know why they played n 270 and not the music hall, that seems strange

Ken

The show I saw in 270 may have been an extra show. I may have missed them if it was clashing with something else when they were in the Music Hall.

It was the Easter sailing this year and the ship was full!

Cheers! 

Joan

From the real Bono’s home town - Dublin 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I had sent Royal an e mail and received a response a couple of days ago.  That does certainly seem odd with the schedule that is posted on the bands website but I suppose that the band could meet up with the ship in San Juan. 

Hello Ken,

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

The following entertainment is currently scheduled for the December 22, 2019 sailing of the Oasis of the Seas:

Music Hall L.A.Vation
Headliner Ronn Lucas Ventriloquist

I guess L.A.Vation will be joining us in a port as I just received confirmation from Royal:

I am happy to advise that the tribute band L.A.Vation is currently scheduled to be playing for your sailing. While all entertainment is subject to changed based on entertainer availability, they will be joined by comedians Don Grey and Rodney Johnson, ventriloquist Ronn Lucas, and ice star Sergii Shcherbinin as entertainers for your time onboard in addition to our larger productions.

On 11/11/2019 at 9:43 AM, maranelloboy05 said:

Are those new cabins oceanview? I'm not seeing a balcony.

On 11/9/2019 at 5:16 PM, Lloyd555 said:

I'll get used to it. 🤔

20191109_165933.jpg

The added level above the bridge took some time for me to figure out what you were referring too. It's subtle, unlike the box sitting up onto of Norwegian ships.  It looks as if it has been there all along.

Yes, the Genie contacts you initially.  We have consistently gotten our first Genie comm about almost exactly 30 days prior to the sail date.

BTW, the Genie did finally let me know that the Tribute Band (which I think will actually be more of a cover band) will be Phoenix.  This is the same band that recently played on the President's 50 year anniversary cruise.  I can't wait to go to a concert in the new Music Hall !

• Like 1